Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2016, 01:12 PM   #241
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Are you saying my pile of clay might be sitting around for awhile? Maybe if I offer $5 for someone to take it. Better than free clay! Free plus $5!

Ugh, please. Someone take my clay.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 01:45 PM   #242
Flacker
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Are you saying my pile of clay might be sitting around for awhile? Maybe if I offer $5 for someone to take it. Better than free clay! Free plus $5!

Ugh, please. Someone take my clay.
If you can get it to the city dump, that should qualify as clean fill, and be free to dump.
Flacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 01:54 PM   #243
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Someone asking $250 for speakers that retail for $300. You've owned them for a year. Hardly used, you say? No thanks. Drop it to $150 and then we'll talk.
ok so the new speakers with tax would be $315. you're saying that you won't even start talking until you're offered less than half that? The $250 on the ad is likely just the starting point and can probably be haggled down, but if they're really in near mint condition, $150 starts to sound like lowball territory.

if the seller's desperate to move of course, then that kind of deal can be made. if they're in no rush though, someone will eventually give them $200 or more.
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 01:57 PM   #244
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

Just make him and offer and see what he comes back with.

No harm done.

Now if he had posted it for $300 and exclaimed that you "save the tax!" on it, then you have a point haha.
Looch City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 01:58 PM   #245
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ya, I know. But that's probably 3 trips with my truck, at I'm estimating 1.5 hours per trip = a load of suck. I'm about equidistant between the 2. Won't someone just take my unwanted pile of dirt? It's free!
Old 09-06-2016, 02:27 PM   #246
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Ya, I know. But that's probably 3 trips with my truck, at I'm estimating 1.5 hours per trip = a load of suck. I'm about equidistant between the 2. Won't someone just take my unwanted pile of dirt? It's free!
Shawshank it.

Just load up your pants and walk around the neighbourhood.

Canehdianman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Canehdianman For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2016, 08:25 PM   #247
Scimitar
Farm Team Player

Exp:

I love going in and reporting the Android box ads promising free TV, movies and PPV when I am bored. It's not that I care that they are selling piracy boxes, it's just that they are drowning the electronics category and sometimes even the cell phone category with that crap.
Scimitar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scimitar For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2016, 09:18 PM   #248
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Jack View Post
ok so the new speakers with tax would be $315. you're saying that you won't even start talking until you're offered less than half that? The $250 on the ad is likely just the starting point and can probably be haggled down, but if they're really in near mint condition, $150 starts to sound like lowball territory.

if the seller's desperate to move of course, then that kind of deal can be made. if they're in no rush though, someone will eventually give them $200 or more.
If you've owned something for a year, it better be half price, especially when the same speakers go on sale for $210 brand new. And the person's price was firm, apparently.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MoneyGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2016, 09:38 PM   #249
cracher
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgiTang View Post

But the scams of "I know you have a carproof from 3 days ago but my "bank" needs a new one, give me your account info and name and I will send you the funds for a new carproof, don't send me the VIN as that won't help me.. ". What?!?!

The scams are outrageous.
Or this scam. I only realized afterwards that I was conversing with a bot.. This was a few months ago when I had the truck listed for quite high (only has 36000km).

NSFW!

NSFW!
cracher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 10:01 PM   #250
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
If you've owned something for a year, it better be half price, especially when the same speakers go on sale for $210 brand new. And the person's price was firm, apparently.
ok if it's available for $210 new then yeah $150 is a fine starting point. but not everything should be automatically half price after a year of ownership. how much usage, presence of original packaging, whether or not there's a newer version, etc. all come into play. if I spent $1200 on a new iPad Pro last year, turned it on a couple of times and then put it right back in the box in mint condition, that's not suddenly a $600 iPad Pro a year later...or at least I don't think it should be.
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 10:13 PM   #251
verda13
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Jack View Post
ok if it's available for $210 new then yeah $150 is a fine starting point. but not everything should be automatically half price after a year of ownership. how much usage, presence of original packaging, whether or not there's a newer version, etc. all come into play. if I spent $1200 on a new iPad Pro last year, turned it on a couple of times and then put it right back in the box in mint condition, that's not suddenly a $600 iPad Pro a year later...or at least I don't think it should be.
But what if I offer $600 CASH?
verda13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to verda13 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2016, 10:24 PM   #252
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by verda13 View Post
But what if I offer $600 CASH?
Well that's much better than the $600 promissory note someone else offered me...SOLD!
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 4X4 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2016, 07:37 PM   #253
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

It is frustrating when someone doesn't know what they are selling and I waste my time driving out to possibly make a purchase. It is partially my fault for not having the guy double check the wheel spec stampings on the inside of the spoke so that I can make sure they fit my vehicle. The guy sounded like a car guy though and said he had some 2001 Mustang GT Bullitt wheels (which have a 30 offset and will clear my brake calipers) but when I showed up and did a test fit the wheels didn't clear the caliper. I check the stamping and sure enough they are a 45 offset. In 2005 the Mustang wheels changed to a 45 offset. What a waste of 1.5 hours.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 08:22 PM   #254
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, a guy came and took, maybe four 5 gallon pails of clay. Put a minor dent in the pile. Still lots of clay to go around! Come get it!
Old 09-07-2016, 08:58 PM   #255
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:
Default Let's Talk About Kijiji

For the iPad Pro example and for most tech stuff I think part of it is how much value the warranty is. To me it matters less that an iPad has only been used a few times and more that sitting in a box for a year has eaten the warranty. So not $600, but $1100 is too much, and I always see tons of electronics for way too much. I mean if I can buy the same refurb or sale item new with full warranty for only 10% more, cmon..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2016, 11:10 PM   #256
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Yeah and I sometimes even see it on this very site and I have to try very hard refraining myself from saying anything.

Come on, you're trying to sell something so close to what you could buy it brand new to this community? It's bad on Kijiji but I hate seeing it on here.
calgaryblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 11:48 PM   #257
Peanut
First Line Centre

Exp:

You know what else people have no idea about selling privately on kijiji? Pianos. Holy smokes a lot of people have no idea how worthless their pianos are.
Old 09-08-2016, 07:42 AM   #258
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Lol aren't pianos (old upright ones I assume) like old huge glass TVs or old trampolines? Basically you have to give them away.
Old 09-08-2016, 07:44 AM   #259
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

They are like piles of clay. You may have to pay someone to take them away.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2016, 07:50 AM   #260
Baron von Kriterium
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Lol aren't pianos (old upright ones I assume) like old huge glass TVs or old trampolines? Basically you have to give them away.
I don't know. We eventually sold our 10 year old Heintzmann for $2K. It retailed for 7500.00. Just have to be patient. Sooner or later someone comes along who needs a piano for their child prodigy. But, yeah, we had it for sale for a year probably and we passed on a lot of offers significantly lower than $2K.