Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2021, 11:50 AM   #41
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

Let’s have a big game tonight, Ottawa was a pain last year and I hope they don’t forget that. Go flames go!
Heavy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 11:51 AM   #42
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass_nerder View Post
Shaw. I'm outside of the flames region though, and almost every game recently has been a regional broadcast only.
Spent an hour talking with Shaw on Friday and the only way I can access these games is if I pay a flat $209 for centre ice on top of the premium TV package that I already pay for

i've got centerice and what bugs me is if the game is on tsn then that's the feed they usually send - which sucks. i don't want to hear all about the sens - i want the flames feed. i don't understand why they don't offer both feeds - it's not like they don't already have something like 15-20 channels dedicated to centerice - start offering both feeds!! the same thing happens when playing the habs.
i think last year every flames/sens game and every flames/habs game was the tsn broadcast. for the amount centerice costs both broadcasts should be an option!
Old 11-14-2021, 11:55 AM   #43
Knightslayer
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Mario's illegal site works way better than Sportsnet now

How stupid is this company?
Worst thing to happen to the NHL. They will pay the price for generations. They should have prioritized growing the game not most money by a terrible company.
Knightslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 11:59 AM   #44
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

the problem is that there is no point in paying for a product that does not work, when a free illegal distribution is so far superior in quality. You try to do things right and these large media companies just cannot get out of their own way. For the handful of seconds it does work before cutting out, the feed looks like it is being filmed in 1935.

We are coming up on a quarter of the season FFS. haha, honestly. Sportsnet sucks so bad.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 12:02 PM   #45
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’ve been stealing Sportsnet for years. Don’t feel bad about it one bit.

Even happier to steal the NHL product after the Beach stuff. I’m entertained by hockey. Happy I don’t have to pay these scumbags.
Old 11-14-2021, 12:05 PM   #46
taxbuster
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANFLAMESFAN View Post
Shaw can bill you monthly.

As a Flames fan outside the market and you desire to watch all Flames games, Center Ice is the only way to go in my eyes.
I moved to BC back in 2013-14 or so....but before I did, I ordered Bell Satellite from my home address and said I'd install it myself. I did...but not in Alberta. So I have, in BC, a Bell dish connected to an Alberta address and get all Flames (and Oilers, blech) games.

When travelling, I can either use the Bell Fibe TV app (which sometimes does block me) or more often "alternative means".

I don't know quite why the NHL and the clubs continue to do this as they pool the revenues anyway. Seems dumb to exclude potential viewers.
taxbuster is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to taxbuster For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2021, 12:15 PM   #47
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Mario's illegal site works way better than Sportsnet now
This is what happened to music. It became way easier to pirate than buy, you could download mp3's put them on devices record companies sued to stop the mp3 format. Think about that for a moment.

Eventually these companies pulled their heads out of their ass and realized digital music is a gold mine. The NHL is way too stupid to get it.

/rant
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zamler For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2021, 12:21 PM   #48
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

As per Steinberg, lineup will be announced during warm up today
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 12:33 PM   #49
Macindoc
First Line Centre

Exp:

I would love to see Valimaki in for Zadorov, but I’m not sure Darryl will reward him for going to the press about his frustrations.
Macindoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 12:34 PM   #50
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macindoc View Post
I would love to see Valimaki in for Zadorov, but I’m not sure Darryl will reward him for going to the press about his frustrations.
I said in that thread, he almost guaranteed that Sutter wouldn't insert him for a game or two by making public comments.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 12:40 PM   #51
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macindoc View Post
Realistically I have not been as hard on Zadorov as most.

That being said, we've been playing some tight games and he has made some critical mistakes leading to goals.

We've seen that from Kylington too, but he's a rookie and Zadorov is not.

Let Valimaki play...let the kid play!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2021, 12:51 PM   #52
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Time for Lucic, Zadarov and Gudbranson to hate the Drake.
Old 11-14-2021, 12:54 PM   #53
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Realistically I have not been as hard on Zadorov as most.

That being said, we've been playing some tight games and he has made some critical mistakes leading to goals.

Let Valimaki play...let the kid play!
Let them both play! Bench Rasmus. Playing like garbage this year.
Old 11-14-2021, 01:02 PM   #54
GlassJaw
Draft Pick

Taking my daughter to her first Flames game today with my wife. I really hope they show up to make it worth it! After last season's record against the Sens, I'm hoping for some redemption. Given that the Sens played last night and a large portion of their team is on Covid Protocol I've got my hopes up.
GlassJaw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GlassJaw For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2021, 01:08 PM   #55
Lanny'sDaMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

By all that is holy, The Flames better win so I can post gifs. I can't hold back much longer.
Lanny'sDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 01:09 PM   #56
Jay Random
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamler View Post
This is what happened to music. It became way easier to pirate than buy, you could download mp3's put them on devices record companies sued to stop the mp3 format. Think about that for a moment.

Eventually these companies pulled their heads out of their ass and realized digital music is a gold mine. The NHL is way too stupid to get it.

/rant
It's not that the NHL is stupid. The cable companies and sports channels are desperate, and are willing to fork over money that actual viewers wouldn't match.

If you still have cable TV, you are paying directly into the pockets of major-league sports owners whether you want their product or not. Nobody is dumb enough to pay for streaming video that they have no intention of watching.

All the regional restrictions on streaming are there to protect the cash cow until it finally keels over dead. It's the exact same thinking that causes publishers to charge hardcover prices for an ebook that costs nothing to manufacture and a trivial fraction of a cent to distribute. These practices are endemic wherever old media is still trying to defend its turf.
Old 11-14-2021, 01:11 PM   #57
Jay Random
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Kylington was a rookie in 2018-19. A player who had 95 NHL games under his belt before the season began is no rookie.
Old 11-14-2021, 01:16 PM   #58
CF84
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
Let them both play! Bench Rasmus. Playing like garbage this year.
I can't tell if this is a joke, bias, or something I'm not seeing.
Rasmus has been far better than last year...He's in the top 20 for GAR (or was?) alongside some pretty awesome names. He may not pass your eye test, but he passes mine.

Last edited by CF84; 11-14-2021 at 01:25 PM.
CF84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 01:26 PM   #59
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Random View Post
It's not that the NHL is stupid. The cable companies and sports channels are desperate, and are willing to fork over money that actual viewers wouldn't match.

If you still have cable TV, you are paying directly into the pockets of major-league sports owners whether you want their product or not. Nobody is dumb enough to pay for streaming video that they have no intention of watching.

All the regional restrictions on streaming are there to protect the cash cow until it finally keels over dead. It's the exact same thinking that causes publishers to charge hardcover prices for an ebook that costs nothing to manufacture and a trivial fraction of a cent to distribute. These practices are endemic wherever old media is still trying to defend its turf.
I’m not sure I follow. When you buy a book, it’s not the cost of the paper that drives the value.

The NHL just signed a rather massive rights deal in the US on multiple platforms. US viewers don’t seem to have the same issues but if you want to stream, you have to pay for the service.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 01:27 PM   #60
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I took the Flames and the Blues on a small parlay bet today. Hope I don't curse the teams that I want to win.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flames , senators , tkachukbrothers