Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Should Don Cherry have been fired?
Yes 287 48.81%
No 301 51.19%
Voters: 588. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2021, 12:47 PM   #1501
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Don is not cancelled. Listen to his podcast any time:

https://doncherrysgrapevine.podbean.com/
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2021, 12:49 PM   #1502
rhino
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Why is this still being talked about? He made an ignorant comment.. not the first and he was a dinosaur in the industry. Time to move on
rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 01:43 PM   #1503
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofa GM View Post
Also, as over the last year or two the narrative of all white people are racists is being pushed in society. So if you are caucasian and born, before you speak a word you are a racist.
I just want to address this. I am a white male, born and raised in Canada. I come from a line of equally-white ancestors who were also born and raised in Canada. At no point in time have I ever felt like there is a narrative of "all white people are racists." I'm just saying, that if someone feels personally attacked and/or offended by someone else's comments being called racist... why is that?

To me, there's a couple of possibilities. The first being relation. If you feel like you relate to Don Cherry and often agree with him, and people call him a racist, then people are by-proxy also calling you a racist. The second being that you don't understand what's racist about "You people that come to our country for our milk and honey should buy a poppy."

Though I guess the second is really just a symptom of the first. Or maybe the first is a byproduct of the second. At either rate, the point is that being offended by something is often really just an opportunity to evolve.
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FanIn80 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2021, 02:01 PM   #1504
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yawn, are we really doing this?

Don is fired from Rogers. Who the hell cares.

For the small contingent who are still fans, you can consume his content via podcast.

Move along.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 02:09 PM   #1505
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofa GM View Post
Nope in this society you aren't allowed to have opinions or opinions about others opinions or exercise any freedom of speech. That is where we are as a society.

Also, as over the last year or two the narrative of all white people are racists is being pushed in society. So if you are caucasian and born, before you speak a word you are a racist.

Yes, society is progressing nicely..... my lord. Just treat everyone with respect and trust that everyone is entitled to their viewpoint and opinion regardless if you are offended or not.

More dramatic than an episode of The Young and the Restless
bax is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bax For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2021, 11:01 AM   #1506
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

As a middle class white man of European (German) origin and a family that is predominantly white and low to middle class and redneck AF.

I have never been called a racist or felt like anyone is pushing the "All White people are racist" agenda.

Typically the people that have said they feel that way are people I think are full blown ####### racists who say #### that make me cringe on the daily.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote