Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2013, 08:02 AM   #1
Telgip33
Backup Goalie

Exp:
Default Live slide show app or software for wedding?

Hello CP Tech people that are smarter than me (I believe this is everyone)

I've been asked by a friends to find out if something like this is possible. Basically what they want to be able to do is have a projector going during the reception of their wedding that is running a picture slide show. The twist is they would like the people at the wedding to be able to upload there pictures that they just took to a wedding website (or some other photo share site, flicker?, dropbox?) and have them instantly added to the slideshow loop.

I figure it there might be an app or software out there already for this, or maybe someone has done or seen something like this done and might have a suggestion on how it could be set up?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions!
Old 08-27-2013, 08:03 AM   #2
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telgip33 View Post
Hello CP Tech people that are smarter than me (I believe this is everyone)

I've been asked by a friends to find out if something like this is possible. Basically what they want to be able to do is have a projector going during the reception of their wedding that is running a picture slide show. The twist is they would like the people at the wedding to be able to upload there pictures that they just took to a wedding website (or some other photo share site, flicker?, dropbox?) and have them instantly added to the slideshow loop.

I figure it there might be an app or software out there already for this, or maybe someone has done or seen something like this done and might have a suggestion on how it could be set up?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions!
I've done 3 using Microsoft movie maker. Made one with PowerPoint too

Edit: Should have read the whole thing I suppose

Last edited by Street Pharmacist; 08-27-2013 at 08:30 AM.
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:04 AM   #3
mdubz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Pharmacist View Post
I've done 3 using Microsoft movie maker. Made one with PowerPoint too
This doesn't answer his question.

I'd recommend looking up a jQuery slideshow script that ties into DropBox's API. You would have to have a webhost to upload this to, as it would act like a website rather than just a program you run from your desktop.

Last edited by mdubz; 08-27-2013 at 08:06 AM.
mdubz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mdubz For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2013, 11:02 AM   #4
me_dennis
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I think the easiest way to do this (and this would only be limited to mobile devices) is to have guests hashtag their photos and upload to instagram or twitter (ie #brideandgroomwedding)

then use a website like: www.evenstagr.am

P.S. Great idea!
me_dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to me_dennis For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2013, 03:16 PM   #5
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

What's the over/under on the number of penis shots? I'm going with 3.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:08 PM   #6
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh man, I can just see the penis pics on the screen now.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:35 PM   #7
BlackArcher101
Such a pretty girl!

Exp:

Ya, make sure there is an approval process before they are shown. The only difference between this and leaving disposable cameras on each table is that you see the results quicker, but you will still get the same joke photos.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:09 AM   #8
Telgip33
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Thanks for the tips everyone, still open to suggestions if anyone things of any other options.

Yes I believe that some kind of filter or buffer will be needed, Grandma does't need to see little Timmies Junk on the big screen........
Old 08-28-2013, 10:46 AM   #9
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

You might also get modern day version of your drunk spinster aunt sitting on the photocopier during the Christmas party.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:15 PM   #10
Telgip33
Backup Goalie

Exp:

It looks like the thought of "Timmie's Junk" and "Crazy Aunt butt pic's" have killed the idea using a public site like instagram or twitter.

I saw the post about the jQuery script, which sounds like it might work, but I have no program skills. I will keep looking to see if I can find a more out of the box solution.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:22 PM   #11
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

Hook up a PS3, which has fantastic slideshow software built in, then have people upload via USB and it would auto insert their pics into the live slideshow.

Don't see why it shouldn't work...
StrykerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:21 AM   #12
normtwofinger
Self-Retirement

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerSteve View Post
Hook up a PS3, which has fantastic slideshow software built in, then have people upload via USB and it would auto insert their pics into the live slideshow.

Don't see why it shouldn't work...
Who wants to line up to use a computer all night uploading their pics? It's a wedding, not a kinkos.
normtwofinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:56 AM   #13
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telgip33 View Post
It looks like the thought of "Timmie's Junk" and "Crazy Aunt butt pic's" have killed the idea using a public site like instagram or twitter.

I saw the post about the jQuery script, which sounds like it might work, but I have no program skills. I will keep looking to see if I can find a more out of the box solution.
Why not do the hashtag thing but give the guests the wrong hashtag. The hashtag they use goes to a page where an "admin" can look at the pictures and then re post them using the event hashtag that everyone at the wedding can see. That way someone can approve the images

Guest hashtag their photos #joedirtwedding then the admin approves pictures and tags them #joedirtwedding #jdw2013 or something along those lines and only the ones with the second tag appear on the slide show.

Or just tell people to keep the photos pg rate and hope that your friends have common sense that grandma doesn't want to see dick pics
fundmark19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:00 AM   #14
normtwofinger
Self-Retirement

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundmark19 View Post
Why not do the hashtag thing but give the guests the wrong hashtag. The hashtag they use goes to a page where an "admin" can look at the pictures and then re post them using the event hashtag that everyone at the wedding can see. That way someone can approve the images

Guest hashtag their photos #joedirtwedding then the admin approves pictures and tags them #joedirtwedding #jdw2013 or something along those lines and only the ones with the second tag appear on the slide show.

Or just tell people to keep the photos pg rate and hope that your friends have common sense that grandma doesn't want to see dick pics
Seems like a lot of work for someone who wants to enjoy a wedding. I agree with just telling people to keep it pg, and if it goes beyond, shut it down.
normtwofinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:48 AM   #15
Telgip33
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Well I was not smart enough to search "live slideshow" and "Wedding pictures" together.....because once I did I found lots

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...#slide=2635433

The "wedpics" one seems to be the best, basically instagram for weddings but private with the option to run a real time slide show and the ability to download the pictures after the wedding......and best of all its Free!

Thanks to everyone that replied!
Old 09-11-2013, 10:28 AM   #16
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

This might be a fun option for wedding photo booths.

Slomo Video Booth

KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #17
To Be Quite Honest
Franchise Player

Exp:

You would need someone there handling the photos/video.

I do stuff like this but I have a cut off point where pictures will no longer be accepted. It's usually an hour before the reception. One issue is you will have a lot of the same shots from slightly different angles and that gets annoying to watch over and over. It's better to have someone skim over them to make sure there are different pictures in place.

I do a same day video and or slideshow along with a wedding package so everyone can view the day as it happened during the reception.
To Be Quite Honest is offline   Reply With Quote