Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2013, 10:05 AM   #1
wookster
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default Steam Support

Sorry if there is threads on this already but does anyone have experience with support for Steam? You can't call them and have to use their ticketing system, which I did but its been 10 days now and it hasn't been picked up.

My account looks like it was hacked as the credit card info and email address changed on the account and some purchases were made with it. I reset the passwords on the account and removed that info but my account is restricted now (rightfully) due to fraudulent activitiy...I would like to get this resolved but its been painfully slow.

Anyone else with experiences like this?
wookster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:43 AM   #2
bluck
First Line Centre

Exp:

That sucks sorry man. Can't say i've ever experienced that before but I think I will be removing my cc info from steam... On a side note which games did ya play?
bluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:01 AM   #3
wookster
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Yeah at this rate its going to be like a month before it gets resolved. I can still play the games in my library, just can't purchase anything new which sucks because Rome Total War 2 is out in a couple of weeks or so.

Mostly been playing Empire Total War, Football Manager 2013 and XCOM lately. Oh, and Farming Simulator 2013...which sounds dumb I know but I come from a farm so it kinda takes me back a little, lol.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:03 AM   #4
bluck
First Line Centre

Exp:

I would maybe try and post on the forums. Perhaps a MOD can help you out a little faster. How's Empire? I've heard good things, I mainly just play CS GO though.
The Following User Says Thank You to bluck For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2013, 11:30 AM   #5
wookster
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Empire's my favorite one in the series, the naval battles are pretty cool...hopefully they do an update like the other games in the series, looking forward to ROME total war 2 though...combined land and naval battles should be pretty good.

Yeah, I might try the forums as well...good idea.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:24 PM   #6
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

That seems odd. In addition to posting in the support forums perhaps submit another ticket? I don't know. I've never had to deal with this sort of thing before. I have contacted Steam Support in the past and received a response within a few days.

Read these if you haven't already.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...5406-WFZC-5519

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...4815-UDFC-8010
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:51 PM   #7
wookster
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Thanks, will check tonight. Can't get to the Steam site from work.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:21 AM   #8
wookster
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

They finally replied to me!!! Only took 13 days...wow.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:30 PM   #9
NuclearPizzaMan
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

When my sister's account got hacked on Christmas eve (email was compromised as well) Steam support got her account back to her Boxing day morning. Ridiculously fast.

Valve's security is fairly robust, if your account was compromised, I would double check your system for unwanted guests.
NuclearPizzaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:54 AM   #10
bluck
First Line Centre

Exp:

Anyone else play CS: GO?
Old 08-27-2013, 04:08 PM   #11
wookster
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I've got everything back up and running...scanned my system and all looks good...finally able to spend money again
Old 08-27-2013, 04:15 PM   #12
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

I realize my experience is not what is happening with you, but this was my experience on another issue...

I had some issues with a couple of games I bought that were unplayable and the community forums were no help either. I didn't get a response from Steam about it, but one of the comments in the forums said that they have a buyer beware policy and don't give refunds or credits. While I generally like Steam, their service could be better.

With your issue though, I would really hope that they do what they can to help you out. A hacked account and credit card fraud are serious issues.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:16 PM   #13
wookster
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

It was weird, there were no charges ever put on my Credit Card but they had associated someone else's credit card to the account and purchased stuff on it. I did get notifications that all the purchases were refunded back to the card they were purchased on, that was actually done right away before they even contacted me back about it. So technically they looked into the issue within a day or two but didn't get back to me about my restricted status of the account for a couple of weeks.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #14
cal_guy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookster View Post
Empire's my favorite one in the series, the naval battles are pretty cool...hopefully they do an update like the other games in the series, looking forward to ROME total war 2 though...combined land and naval battles should be pretty good.

Yeah, I might try the forums as well...good idea.
Do you got Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai? If not you should give a try it's like an improved version of Empire, and you don't need to own the main game to play it.
cal_guy is offline   Reply With Quote