Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-30-2013, 09:30 AM   #41
Arsenal14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontine View Post
How does this compare to EHM? I loved that game.
I haven't played EHM in a long time so I'm mostly going by what's been said on the FHM forums but here are some of the major differences:

1. EHM had a 2D game view, FHM is text only
2. FHM has a historical mode where you can start your game in any season from 1947 to the present (they say the next version will go back to the start of the NHL).
3. FHM has a "custom league" mode where you can create a new league with a custom structure, teams, schedules, etc. which I don't think EHM had.
4. FHM generates new players a lot differently than EHM - EHM basically takes a retired player and resets the name and birthdate but keeps the nationality, position and ability (so if you see a South African goalie appear you know he's the new Olaf Kolzig), FHM I believe just keeps the nationality (to help keep the percentages similar to the start).
5. EHM had the ability to search for players with specific attributes and do comparisions between two players, FHM can only search by name.
6. EHM was a lot more "polished" than what FHM is right now - the interface was generally prettier and it was more stable than what the FHM beta is right now.
7. EHM had more in-depth tactics than FHM

Summary
- EHM had a better in-game experience and a more polished interface, FHM has more flexibility (historical/custom leagues) and may have better long-term games
Arsenal14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arsenal14 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2013, 09:37 AM   #42
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

If this thing gets support, I trust the OOTP team to make this game every bit as compelling as OOTP Baseball.

I literally have played that game minimum 5 times a week since around 2005. In my current league which I started in 2011 real time and game time, I am in 2024 palying out every game, and all of the current young guys in the MLB are in the twillight of their careers. My son is about to be created for the 2025 draft (he's 6 now so that will be his 18 year old year).

If you have never gotten into text sim games, the best part about them for me is once you have gotten to know the interface and your "daily" duties as the GM or commisioner, it is something you can "play" while talking or watching TV with the wife.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:16 PM   #43
The Swedish Flame
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I was reading the thread on OOTP's forum about their latest update. I get the feeling that the game still will be a bit of a mess with crashes and poor AI Trading on release.
The Swedish Flame is offline   Reply With Quote