Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2021, 01:55 AM   #61
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Bought some camera equipment from them, each time felt like I was dealing with an expert while not getting the classic stuck up department expert guy vibe, which I appreciated since I was new to the photography game. One guy was asking about the model of camera I was using and didn't give any condescending undertone about it being just a lower-mid range DSLR and actually complimented my choice. Made sure to provide as many alternates as possible on the lenses I was seeking, and came across as genuinely appreciative for the business.

I think, most of all, it was nice to get their full attention within 30 seconds of scanning through the stuff behind the counter and not leaving me to try to flag them down. The number of places in retail that just leave you out to dry and wait while they get to several other things before even looking your way is so common now that it was nice to see.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2021, 09:17 AM   #62
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
Bought some camera equipment from them, each time felt like I was dealing with an expert while not getting the classic stuck up department expert guy vibe, which I appreciated since I was new to the photography game. One guy was asking about the model of camera I was using and didn't give any condescending undertone about it being just a lower-mid range DSLR and actually complimented my choice. Made sure to provide as many alternates as possible on the lenses I was seeking, and came across as genuinely appreciative for the business.

I think, most of all, it was nice to get their full attention within 30 seconds of scanning through the stuff behind the counter and not leaving me to try to flag them down. The number of places in retail that just leave you out to dry and wait while they get to several other things before even looking your way is so common now that it was nice to see.
Wish they carried more hardware since they’re so much better for that than places like Home Depot staff that’s on you within 30 seconds to help but only make your shopping experience excruciating because they know absolutely nothing. I ignore them at all costs.

topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2021, 09:25 AM   #63
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

They also have crazy sales and a great snack aisle.

The chickpeas they have in the 14oz cans are the best canned chickpeas I've had from anywhere.
Old 10-22-2021, 09:35 AM   #64
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

Imagine if they had Orange Julius at London Drugs. You could even get your hockey news there.

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
GranteedEV is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GranteedEV For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2021, 09:52 AM   #65
BlackArcher101
Such a pretty girl!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
Wish they carried more hardware since they’re so much better for that than places like Home Depot staff that’s on you within 30 seconds to help but only make your shopping experience excruciating because they know absolutely nothing. I ignore them at all costs. [/IMG]
I've noticed for the past 2 years that Home Depot has slowly changed into a socializing/dating service for the elderly. Their employees are over 60 and just hang out and gossip, then when a younger person asks for help they lay down the stink eye.