Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-06-2021, 06:47 AM   #81
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Maybe it's time the NHL cut the number of games the teams play to reduce the pressure and damage to their bodies. I know, it'll never happen, because money, but you've got to think that being over-worked is part of it.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2021, 07:13 AM   #82
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Maybe it's time the NHL cut the number of games the teams play to reduce the pressure and damage to their bodies. I know, it'll never happen, because money, but you've got to think that being over-worked is part of it.
Exactly. Almost nobody likes it except 32 owners.

82 games sucks. Playoffs in June is lame and I (and many, many others) lose interest. Meanwhile gotta fit in Olympics (this one is on the players) in a physically demanding sport plus 82 games plus a super intense playoffs?

It’s actually ridiculous when you think about it. But since the NHL exclusively cares about money and literally nothing else, this won’t change.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Coffee For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2021, 08:07 AM   #83
flamesfan1297
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Kind of a ####ty post tbh. Your experience isn't his experience. Earning millions of dollars doesn't make anxiety and depression easier.

When it comes to depression, especially, I don't really buy that someone who has actual experience with it would accuse someone else of playing the victim and being unhinged. You should know better.
Perhaps his post is in bad taste, but I think his point was he doesn't feel as bad for someone with depression and anxiety while also earning millions of dollars, as he does for the millions of people with depression and anxiety that make an average or below average wage.

Halloween candy is horrifying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
"Putting nets on puck."

- Ferland 2016
flamesfan1297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 08:26 AM   #84
the_only_turek_fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
This. 100%

Time to move to a 72 game schedule.
the_only_turek_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 08:35 AM   #85
The Fonz
Our Jessica Fletcher

Exp:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
Exactly. Almost nobody likes it except 32 owners.

82 games sucks. Playoffs in June is lame and I (and many, many others) lose interest. Meanwhile gotta fit in Olympics (this one is on the players) in a physically demanding sport plus 82 games plus a super intense playoffs?

It’s actually ridiculous when you think about it. But since the NHL exclusively cares about money and literally nothing else, this won’t change.
Agreed 100%

Should be a 60 game season.
4 games vs teams in your division
2 games vs teams in your conference, but not in your division
1 game vs teams out of conference
The Fonz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Fonz For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2021, 09:07 AM   #86
Jordan!
Jordan!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
As someone that's dealt with severe depression since I was a young child, that's an insane and tone deaf post.
What does Tone deaf even mean? I'm not speaking from a vacuum here. I am grateful that I had a psychiatrist push a holistic approach to dealing with depression and anxiety versus take a magic pill and it took my 15 years of daily practice that continues every single day of my life - so I can understand where Lehner is coming regarding the use of these drugs from a team perspective but we all make our own choices and I highly doubt teams are forcing players to take this stuff, I do find it hard to sympathize with adult multimillionaires being whiners.

His attack of Alain Vigneault was absolutely bizarre and unwarranted which led to my post earlier.

Last edited by Jordan!; 10-06-2021 at 09:34 AM.
Jordan! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 09:29 AM   #87
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan! View Post
What does Tone deaf even mean? I'm not speaking from a vacuum here. I am grateful that I had a psychiatrist push a holistic approach to dealing with depression and anxiety versus take a magic pill and it took my 15 years of daily practice that continues every single day of my life - so I can understand where Lehner is coming regarding the use of these drugs from a team perspective from but we all make our own choices and I highly doubt teams are forcing players to take this stuff, I do find it hard to sympathize with adult multimillionaires being whiners.

His attack of Alain Vigneault was absolutely bizarre and unwarranted which led to my post earlier.
You're being ignorant of the power dynamic though. Some of the same reasons players take pills they don't entirely understand are the reasons guys like the Blackhawks coach can get away with abusing players, even at the highest level: trust and power. To suggest those don't play a role is ignoring what we already know.

I don't care what inspired your post, as someone who dealt with anxiety and depression you should know better, it's as simple as that. Or you somehow managed to get through it without actually learning anything.

Even calling it "a magic pill" is profoundly stupid and insulting. It's not magic, it's medicine, and some people require medicine instead of "daily practice." I don't care if the person is making a million dollars or not, you're judging them for their illness and the way they are treating it, and that's a #### thing to do.
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2021, 09:29 AM   #88
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fonz View Post
Agreed 100%

Should be a 60 game season.
4 games vs teams in your division
2 games vs teams in your conference, but not in your division
1 game vs teams out of conference
If the league was interested in putting the best product on the ice, this is what the schedule would look like. As it is we get unnecessary injuries, 20 or so games a year by each team when they pretty much mail it in, and exhausted rosters battling it out for the last two rounds of the playoffs.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 09:35 AM   #89
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

nm.

Last edited by DeluxeMoustache; 10-06-2021 at 09:42 AM.
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
edmonton is no good