Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2013, 06:37 PM   #1
Nehkara
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Bluetooth Issue - Help/Advice/Speculation/Commentary Welcome

Hey CP!

So, I have a bluetooth-enabled deck in my car. When I connect my phone to it (my phone has all my music), it will work for 1 minute... then stop working. Reconnect, it works for 1 minute... then stops. Reconnect again for third time, and it works indefinitely with no issue. This happens every time.

Does anyone know a good solution to this? I have heard Android 4.3 will include significant BT improvements but it won't be out for my phone for quite awhile. Are there any apps that might help?

Thanks!

Info:

Deck: JVC KD-BT1

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note II running Android 4.1.2 (SGH-I317m)

Huge thanks to Dion for the signature!

Last edited by Nehkara; 08-20-2013 at 06:59 PM.
Nehkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:24 PM   #2
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hey you have the same deck I used to have on my old car. My Galaxy S at the time paired fine at the time with phone headset and A2DP audio. When I got my new car it didn't have a space for a deck but the car already had BT phone capabilities (not A2DP audio though). Ended up buying a BT to Aux adapter and running that for music but having two devices paired to my phone started messing up the audio big time and it did exactly what you described. I had to unpair the car BT speaker phone before music would work correctly without cutting out.

You paired to two devices by any chance or are did you set up the mic on your JVC deck?
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:30 PM   #3
Nehkara
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
Hey you have the same deck I used to have on my old car. My Galaxy S at the time paired fine at the time with phone headset and A2DP audio. When I got my new car it didn't have a space for a deck but the car already had BT phone capabilities (not A2DP audio though). Ended up buying a BT to Aux adapter and running that for music but having two devices paired to my phone started messing up the audio big time and it did exactly what you described. I had to unpair the car BT speaker phone before music would work correctly without cutting out.

You paired to two devices by any chance or are did you set up the mic on your JVC deck?
I thought this was the problem originally so I changed the settings on my phone to only connect via bluetooth for media and not for calls. It made it better, but didn't fix it. I'm only connected to one device.

Old 08-22-2013, 12:27 AM   #4
Nehkara
Franchise Player

Exp:

The free Android app Bluetooth Auto Connect fixes this problem!