Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-03-2019, 11:09 PM   #81
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corral View Post
Sure you can get deals and Safeway seats. But the fact of the matter is if you just go to the stamps ticket office and get your seats- like many casual or first time attendees would do - you will pay $200 for tickets and maybe 4 waters.

Frankly aside from maybe the middle few sections on each side all seats in the upper rows should be like 20 dollars each
Okay, so it sounds like your beef isn’t with actually getting to the game, it’s more CSEC’s pricing structure and specifically the upper seats being too expensive. As you can see from the photo I posted a few posts up, the sections in the upper corners are pretty bare, but the other sections are relatively full. If they sold those for $20 each they might be more full, or maybe they want to keep the single game price a bit higher to encourage season ticket sales and/or help maintain the price points in other sections.

In any event, I’ve never actually gone to the ticket office and asked about single game ticket options, so I don’t know what they would tell you. But I don’t think it’s that much different than paying face value for press level tickets when you can get them off StubHub for half price (or from Golftown or wherever they sell them now).
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tvp2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2019, 11:45 PM   #82
Corral
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
I keep hearing fans of other teams saying “well Calgary is a different team this year”. I would have agreed before the season started, but with Mitchell and even Jordan at 75% health, we’d be blowing teams out.

I’m lost for words as to how good our D is despite losing most of last year’s team.
Agreed. This years team is a sweet surprise especially on D.

What is the status of Jordan anyone? I must have missed the last update cause its been a while since I’ve heard any news on him
Corral is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Corral For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2019, 11:47 AM   #83
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corral View Post
Agreed. This years team is a sweet surprise especially on D.

What is the status of Jordan anyone? I must have missed the last update cause its been a while since I’ve heard any news on him

https://calgarysun.com/sports/footba...eceiver-jorden

Quote:
When he was asked about Jorden’s timetable on Thursday, Stamps head coach Dave Dickenson stressed that everyone needs to be patient.

“We really have to temper what we think we should expect and let him play it out,” Dickenson said. “At the earliest, Labour Day, but I would even temper (that). Let him tell us when he feels good and then we’ll give him another week or two and then hopefully get him on.”

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
MissTeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissTeeks For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2019, 12:01 PM   #84
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTeeks View Post
This is still not great attendance for a Saturday late afternoon games against the Eskimos. I imagine attendance may have been better had this not been a long weekend.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2019, 04:21 PM   #85
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

We're in a city with huge unemployment and people are unsure of their careers and future paychecks. Of course attendance in this city is going to slump.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2019, 07:57 PM   #86
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Unfortunately missed this one due to camping all weekend, just saw the final score getting back into an area with reception again, can't believe they won!! Such an impressive start given all the injuries, how does Huff keep doing it?
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post: