Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-06-2020, 10:10 AM   #4161
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa226 View Post
Ozark season 3 was amazing. Though, not knowing how long it will be until the next season, I feel a tad unsatisfied. I would have liked to see a few storylines wrapped up a bit more.

I thought the dude who played the brother stole the season. That was some great acting. He had to hit on it too otherwise without a convincing performance I think that storyline would have been annoying.
I agree. I found a semi-spoiler review before I started watching essentially implying that the show was ruined by a wacky new character- I thought we were in for some Scrappy-Doo level crap, but he played the role very well and I thought episode 9 was incredible- assume Emmy tapes will be submitted on his behalf for that one
looooob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 10:14 AM   #4162
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ok I know I am late to the party, but I got balls deep into Narcos this weekend.

Mid-way through season 2

really enjoying it.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 11:27 AM   #4163
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Apparently there is a new episode of Tiger King being released this week sometime.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 11:59 AM   #4164
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Apparently there is a new episode of Tiger King being released this week sometime.
Joe Exotic broadcasting from Jail?

Or maybe some 'found-footage' of Carole stalking her husband through the everglades hunting him like an animal?

Perhaps Jeff finally conned the wrong person and its a whole episode dedicated to searching for his body?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 12:44 PM   #4165
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Ok I know I am late to the party, but I got balls deep into Narcos this weekend.

Mid-way through season 2

really enjoying it.
Just finished season 4 (second Mexico season) and very much enjoyed all of them to date.

Also noticing how 'smoking' is now one of the warnings they put on at the beginning of a show, along with the usual suspects like violence and nudity etc. The world has changed.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 12:46 PM   #4166
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stud_McCool View Post
Yup, agreed about Ben. His acting was superb and very believable. Another good one I thought was Omar Navarro. Gentle, yet ruthless when he needs to be. I also liked Ruth's insults calling Helen a giant and Wendy a bitch wolf.
Huh, I really liked season three, but Ben came close to ruining it for me.

Spoiler!

Last edited by Sliver; 04-06-2020 at 12:50 PM. Reason: added spoiler tag
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 02:15 PM   #4167
sa226
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Huh. Well I pretty much have the opposite opinion. But thats cool.

It could be because we watch that stupid show, Manifest. Anything is better than the acting in that steaming pile of crap. Yet we keep watching.
sa226 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sa226 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2020, 12:25 PM   #4168
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

I disagree as well, Sliver.

If you've ever known someone who is bi-polar and/or in a manic state, you know the actor did an incredible job with the portrayal. I do think he's a top contender for an Emmy for the role.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2020, 05:56 PM   #4169
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Maybe you're right. Maybe I just didn't like the character (I didn't) and that made me think I didn't like the actor. Kind of how everyone hated the guy who played Joffrey?

Thanks for the input.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 06:32 PM   #4170
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’m not sure I can take Sliver’s review seriously when he calls Laura freaking Linney “the actress who plays Wendy.”

I was initially sceptical of the brother. Adding a long lost relative with mental issues seems like lazy writing to add drama. They pulled it off though with good writing and acting. The ending of his story was completely predictable but there was enough doubt introduced to make it a compelling watch.
Old 04-07-2020, 08:59 PM   #4171
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

This comes out in 3 weeks. First I'd seen or heard of it, but the trailer looks good.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 10:47 AM   #4172
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

I guess because we're starving for new material already, this fits the bill, but you know the ending before it begins.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 10:48 AM   #4173
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post

This comes out in 3 weeks. First I'd seen or heard of it, but the trailer looks good.
Dad-Bod Fat Thor really buffed up.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 10:59 AM   #4174
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Was bored last night, and watched the Big Show, it was pretty bad, the positive note was that Show himself was decent.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 04:34 PM   #4175
CactusJack
Backup Goalie

Exp:

We tried one episode as well because it was something short before bed. It would probably be a decent show to watch together as a family with young kids but it’s not going to hook too many adults.
CactusJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 04:35 PM   #4176
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

yeah, I also noticed that the wife was on that 70's show, I think she was Fez's crazed girlfriend or something.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 07:21 PM   #4177
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
I’m not sure I can take Sliver’s review seriously when he calls Laura freaking Linney “the actress who plays Wendy.”

I was initially sceptical of the brother. Adding a long lost relative with mental issues seems like lazy writing to add drama. They pulled it off though with good writing and acting. The ending of his story was completely predictable but there was enough doubt introduced to make it a compelling watch.
Ben has always been in the show. S01 they really laid the tracks down for his eventual arrival. He was the ghost in the closet in S02 as well.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 01:51 AM   #4178
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

So my daughter(9) asks if we can watch Stranger Things. I have already seen all 3 seasons, but my daughter and wife haven’t seen it. My wife knows a little bit of what goes on cuz she’s seen parts while I’m watching. My wife doesn’t really wanna watch cuz she thinks it’s stupid from parts she saw. My daughter wants to try and watch, which is a miracle in itself cuz she just wants to watch YouTube, Jessie, Descendants or anything with Cameron Boyce(RIP).

So I say let’s try it and see and no giving up 20 minutes in like my wife likes to do when it comes to new shows. So anyways long story short we started this on Monday we are now going onto episode 8 and my wife’s the one who wants to keep watching. My daughter almost sits still for the whole show, but she does end up watching the whole episode.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hockey For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2020, 07:42 AM   #4179
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
let’s try it and see and no giving up 20 minutes in like my wife likes to do when it comes to new shows. So anyways long story short we started this on Monday we are now going onto episode 8 and my wife’s the one who wants to keep watching.
Oh you married one of those too! New TV is so much fun

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2020, 06:31 PM   #4180
Mike F
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
So my daughter(9) asks if we can watch Stranger Things. I have already seen all 3 seasons, but my daughter and wife haven’t seen it. My wife knows a little bit of what goes on cuz she’s seen parts while I’m watching. My wife doesn’t really wanna watch cuz she thinks it’s stupid from parts she saw. My daughter wants to try and watch, which is a miracle in itself cuz she just wants to watch YouTube, Jessie, Descendants or anything with Cameron Boyce(RIP).

So I say let’s try it and see and no giving up 20 minutes in like my wife likes to do when it comes to new shows. So anyways long story short we started this on Monday we are now going onto episode 8 and my wife’s the one who wants to keep watching. My daughter almost sits still for the whole show, but she does end up watching the whole episode.
Your use of "cuz" multiple times in a paragraph is grounds for reporting you to child services as an unfit parent. Not to mention you being a Canucks fan.
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote