Old 04-06-2020, 04:40 PM   #10241
wwkayaker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
Real news organizations should just boycott these #### shows
Me too.

Last edited by wwkayaker; 04-06-2020 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Full disclosure, not trying to pull that movement back into the thread.
wwkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 06:12 PM   #10242
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Voter suppression is still alive and well during a pandemic.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1247301011947085825
Old 04-06-2020, 06:27 PM   #10243
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Voter suppression is still alive and well during a pandemic.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1247301011947085825
I'm having a hard time figuring out what the end game for everyone here is. The Republicans don't want to postpone the vote, and don't want to extend absentee balloting. Why do they even care? Are there other things other than the democratic presidential primary on the ballot? And why is Bernie still hanging in here and making everyone have to vote?

Also, if they are not going to extend people getting absentee ballots, then I don't know why extending the time to turn them in is a big deal. Everyone who ordered an absentee ballot was probably planning on voting that way anyway, and they knew tomorrow was the deadline to send them in.

Last edited by nfotiu; 04-06-2020 at 06:29 PM.
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 06:44 PM   #10244
Harry Lime
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
I'm having a hard time figuring out what the end game for everyone here is. The Republicans don't want to postpone the vote, and don't want to extend absentee balloting. Why do they even care? Are there other things other than the democratic presidential primary on the ballot? And why is Bernie still hanging in here and making everyone have to vote?

Also, if they are not going to extend people getting absentee ballots, then I don't know why extending the time to turn them in is a big deal. Everyone who ordered an absentee ballot was probably planning on voting that way anyway, and they knew tomorrow was the deadline to send them in.
Half of the state votes still are waiting to happen, and as a result of the pandemic, medicare for all is going to start looking really good to a lot of Americans. This could still swing Bernie's way, as the reality of people's living situations start to be directly addressed by Saunders and Biden's platforms.

Also, from an outsiders point of view, Saunders has a better chance against Trump than Biden, if winning is the most important thing.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:54 PM   #10245
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I think they are setting a precedent for mail in voting, and justifying voter suppression everywhere. A few Republicans including Trump, I think, have said Republicans will lose, bigly, if mail in voting is allowed

https://twitter.com/user/status/1244650196023173123

Quote:
I think a lot of people cheat with mail-in voting," Trump said. "I think people should vote with Voter ID. I think Voter ID is very important, and the reason they don't want Voter ID is because they tend to cheat."

"You should have a picture for voting," Trump said. "It should be called Voter ID, they should have that. And it shouldn't mail-in voting, it should be you go to a booth and you proudly display yourself."

"You don't send it in the mail, where people pick up all sorts of bad things can happen, by the time they signed that, if they signed that, if they signed that, by the time it gets in and is tabulated, no," Trump continued. "It shouldn't be mailed in, you should vote at the booth, and you should have Voter ID. Because when you have Voter ID, that's the real deal."
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...ple_cheat.html

Last edited by DuffMan; 04-06-2020 at 07:03 PM.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 06:55 PM   #10246
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
Half of the state votes still are waiting to happen, and as a result of the pandemic, medicare for all is going to start looking really good to a lot of Americans. This could still swing Bernie's way, as the reality of people's living situations start to be directly addressed by Saunders and Biden's platforms.

Also, from an outsiders point of view, Saunders has a better chance against Trump than Biden, if winning is the most important thing.
Medicare 4 all is not looking good to anyone right now, when hospital capacity is the problem. Biden is gaining in polls vs Sanders, and it really isn't even close. https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ry-d/national/

And no one is really thinking that Sanders has the better chance against Trump.
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 06:59 PM   #10247
wwkayaker
First Line Centre

Exp:

I bet Medicare will look great for a significant number of people once the medical bills for Covid treatments are sent out.
wwkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wwkayaker For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2020, 07:07 PM   #10248
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwkayaker View Post
I bet Medicare will look great for a significant number of people once the medical bills for Covid treatments are sent out.
This is going to destroy so many people in that country, it's heartbreaking.

Ultimately, everyone will just vote centrist or right as they've been sliding for decades, to keep helping their only citizens that don't need help. They have their population in line in that banana republic and there isn't much we can do except watch it sink over time.

Last edited by jayswin; 04-06-2020 at 07:10 PM.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 07:10 PM   #10249
jayswin

Exp:

Get in line, vote establishment that keeps sliding right or you're an ***hole that doesn't want to help your party win and are therefore actually helping the other side!!
Old 04-06-2020, 07:12 PM   #10250
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
This is going to destroy so many people in that country, it's heartbreaking.

Ultimately, everyone will just vote centrist or right as they've been sliding for decades, to keep helping their only citizens that don't need help. They have their population in line in that banana republic and there isn't much we can do except watch it sink over time.
I thought they passed they Passed funding all Covid treatment now. Maybe I heard that wrong.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 07:15 PM   #10251
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
“He is so stupid”, goes through my head about 45 times each presser/rally/rant/delusional gibberish
Only 45?

Oh, wait, I see what you did there. Good one.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MoneyGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2020, 07:15 PM   #10252
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
I thought they passed they Passed funding all Covid treatment now. Maybe I heard that wrong.
Does it cover everything from beginning to end?
Old 04-06-2020, 07:15 PM   #10253
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Medicare is covering all its insured. And several insurers are waving deductibles and co pays. I think most will follow eventually. But some how they will still manage to bankrupt their share of people.
OMG!WTF! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 07:27 PM   #10254
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

That supreme court vote shows exactly why its important to vote for the lesser of two evils if you think they are both bad

Trump has stacked the supreme court...congrats hippie
Old 04-06-2020, 07:33 PM   #10255
activeStick
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:

Wisconsin is also voting for a key Supreme Court seat.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 07:39 PM   #10256
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Americans constantly vote against their best interests though
Old 04-06-2020, 08:11 PM   #10257
wittynickname
wittyusertitle

Exp:

Quote:
M4A would also look good to the 10M newly unemployed Americans who likely lost their health insurance also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Get in line, vote establishment that keeps sliding right or you're an ***hole that doesn't want to help your party win and are therefore actually helping the other side!!
I get what you're saying, and I agree to an extent, but we're in this spot because Republicans have no scruples and will vote for anyone with an R next to their name whereas dems will just stay home if their person doesn't get the nomination and that's a huge problem because if we don't stop the GOP from winning everything, we're gonna slide way farther right than establishment Democrats will take us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
That supreme court vote shows exactly why its important to vote for the lesser of two evils if you think they are both bad

This is what I'm voting for in November. RBG won't love forever and even if I'm not a Biden fan, I would drastically prefer him to choose her replacement than Trump.
wittynickname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 08:22 PM   #10258
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post

This was the saddest thing about the election loss from Democrats not getting out the vote because they didn't like Hillary.

She wasn't a perfect candidate, but exponentially better than the clown currently in office.

the court is not stacked to the right... if Murica doesn't get its act together next cycle, they'll lose Ginsberg too.

The Supreme court already skewed conservative prior to Trump... Merrick Garland, Obama's nominee, wasn't an ideologue: he was centrist that skewed left... much, much different than Kavanaugh and Grosuch.

The dirty secret is how much the lower circuit courts are getting stacked with republican appointees...

Lost it today on a simple question when the IG he was asking about was HIS appointee... what an ass. I wouldn't wish covid on anyone, but Trump? He's making me reconsider

Last edited by oldschoolcalgary; 04-06-2020 at 09:16 PM.
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to oldschoolcalgary For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2020, 08:26 PM   #10259
Harry Lime
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Medicare 4 all is not looking good to anyone right now, when hospital capacity is the problem. Biden is gaining in polls vs Sanders, and it really isn't even close. https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ry-d/national/

And no one is really thinking that Sanders has the better chance against Trump.
What does medicare for all have to do with hospital capacity? Being insured doesn't mean that people will suddenly swamp the system with false claims of injury.

There is a problem with fraud if doctors are paid by the number of patients that they see (a problem that exists in Canada, but is being delicately ignored). If a doctor receives a yearly salary with a minimum patient count, there shouldn't be a very large raise in cases.

Having lower income people going to the doctor earlier, if they are sick, might actually save quite a bit of money by having an overall healthier constituency.
Old 04-06-2020, 08:52 PM   #10260
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post

Wisconsin, pretty much unquestionably Bernie's most favorable remaining state in the terms of demographics, is voting tomorrow and the only recent poll has Bernie down 30 points. Biden could lose every race from here on out by 10% and he will still win a majority by the convention. Truly the only way this swings Bernie's way is if Biden dies and even then Bernie won't be the nominee, Cuomo will swoop in, or if Biden picks a VP before he dies the VP will assume the nomination. This thing is even more over than at this point in 2016 because at least Bernie had the hope of a California miracle.

Last edited by Senator Clay Davis; 04-06-2020 at 08:54 PM.
Senator Clay Davis is offline   Reply With Quote