Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Event Forums > COVID-19 Forum
Ivrnet

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-06-2020, 02:59 PM   #61
Enoch Root
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: May 2012
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
Appointed in the sense Boris told them Raab is in charge, but he has no legal power at all, at some point Gove, being the backstabbing little #### he is will make a move if he thinks Boris is dying.

Oh and Sterling is collapsing as we speak.
I guess, if you call a 1.3% decline over the past couple days collapsing. Let's try and keep some perspective here.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2020, 03:02 PM   #62
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player
 
afc wimbledon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: east van
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
I guess, if you call a 1.3% decline over the past couple days collapsing. Let's try and keep some perspective here.
yes I would call that collapsing, and about half of that drop was made in the last 4 or 5 hours
afc wimbledon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 03:03 PM   #63
peter12
Franchise Player
 
peter12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
yes I would call that collapsing, and about half of that drop was made in the last 4 or 5 hours
That seems like an understandable response to a PM being put into ICU during a crisis.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 03:06 PM   #64
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player
 
afc wimbledon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: east van
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12 View Post
That seems like an understandable response to a PM being put into ICU during a crisis.
Of course, which is why they like to release the news slowly, try and allow the markets to adjust more rationally
afc wimbledon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 03:18 PM   #65
Enoch Root
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: May 2012
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
yes I would call that collapsing, and about half of that drop was made in the last 4 or 5 hours
Well, 1 to 2% is pretty standard volatility over a 2-day period.

It is not, in any way, shape or form, collapsing. It is about 10% higher than it was 2 weeks ago. And yes, about 10% lower than it was in February (and exactly where it was 6 or 7 months ago.

So no, just normal voaltility.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 03:25 PM   #66
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player
 
afc wimbledon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: east van
Exp:
Default

LBC presentor now saying sources are telling them Johnson 'deteriated very rapidly this afternoon', doesn't look good for him, this all feels like a slow release of a very grim reality to calm the country.
afc wimbledon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 03:30 PM   #67
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player
 
afc wimbledon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: east van
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
Well, 1 to 2% is pretty standard volatility over a 2-day period.

It is not, in any way, shape or form, collapsing. It is about 10% higher than it was 2 weeks ago. And yes, about 10% lower than it was in February (and exactly where it was 6 or 7 months ago.

So no, just normal voaltility.
well I think we all know that the pound has been very volatile due to Brexit, election etc over the last couple of years, none of which alters the fact that today as the news got worse the pound dropped heavily, am I saying it wont come back? of course not, but today the news dropped the pound heavily, my guess is shorting it would be a good ploy for the next day or two.
afc wimbledon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 03:31 PM   #68
Enoch Root
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: May 2012
Exp:
Default

that NYT video in the other thread is very good - it really shows how the effects on the lungs accumulate to the point of suffocating the bloodstream from oxygen.

A ventilator might help get more oxygen to the lungs, but it quickly becomes clear how that isn't actually going to fix anything, just delay it.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 03:33 PM   #69
Enoch Root
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: May 2012
Exp:
Default

I wish I knew how to upload pictures. The chart of the pound strongly disagrees with you. Did it drop 30 bps in the last couple hours? Yes. Right back to where it was last night.

Anyway, whatever.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 03:36 PM   #70
Barnet Flame
#1 Goaltender
 
Barnet Flame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Barnet - North London
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
Appointed in the sense Boris told them Raab is in charge, but he has no legal power at all, at some point Gove, being the backstabbing little #### he is will make a move if he thinks Boris is dying.

Oh and Sterling is collapsing as we speak.


No, it only collapses when I go on vacation.

Mind you, Iím supposed to be finishing up my first day of skiing at Sunshine today.
Barnet Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 03:39 PM   #71
Enoch Root
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: May 2012
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
No, it only collapses when I go on vacation.
lol

this is actually a statistical fact
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 04:22 PM   #72
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player
 
afc wimbledon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: east van
Exp:
Default

Right now LBC interviewing a respiratory specialist asking the question "why has the Prime Minister deteriorated so rapidly?' again this all sounds like a very orchestrated story leading to an announcement that he is in a coma sometime tommorrow
afc wimbledon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 05:01 PM   #73
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player
 
FlamesAddiction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Vancouver
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
Right now LBC interviewing a respiratory specialist asking the question "why has the Prime Minister deteriorated so rapidly?' again this all sounds like a very orchestrated story leading to an announcement that he is in a coma sometime tommorrow
It's a little telling that he supposedly made a statement from the hospital but hadn't talked to the deputy PM since Saturday. You would think that would be some he talked to daily as long as he was able.
__________________
"A pessimist thinks things can't get any worse. An optimist knows they can."
FlamesAddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 05:22 PM   #74
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player
 
oldschoolcalgary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Exp:
Default

Maybe Boris Johnson getting moved to ICU will finally convince the stragglers in the UK how serious this is
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 05:25 PM   #75
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12 View Post
People aren't stupid, nor are they a frightened a herd of sheep. They make rational decisions with the information given to them. Good politicians realize that social cohesion is a renewable resource and is best fostered in an atmosphere of truth and transparency.
This sounds like a fantasy to me.

A large number of people are very stupid. The number of people Iíve talked to who wonít believe the virus is a big deal because theyíve seen no evidence of it is frightening. Do you know how many people blindly believe Fox News and the like? A friend of mine still thinks itís overblown and you canít believe anything you hear. Another friend of mine believes Bill Gates engineered the virus.

People are generally quite irrational in many ways. The idea that weíre completely logical and rational is a fiction that some philosophers believe. Psychology would tell you otherwise.

Surely you arenít this naive Pete. You must not be exposed to a wide variety of people.
Flames Draft Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flames Draft Watcher For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2020, 05:27 PM   #76
peter12
Franchise Player
 
peter12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher View Post
This sounds like a fantasy to me.

A large number of people are very stupid. The number of people Iíve talked to who wonít believe the virus is a big deal because theyíve seen no evidence of it is frightening. Do you know how many people blindly believe Fox News and the like? A friend of mine still thinks itís overblown and you canít believe anything you hear. Another friend of mine believes Bill Gates engineered the virus.

People are generally quite irrational in many ways. The idea that weíre completely logical and rational is a fiction that some philosophers believe. Psychology would tell you otherwise.

Surely you arenít this naive Pete. You must not be exposed to a wide variety of people.
Is this necessary?
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 06:10 PM   #77
Flamenspiel
First Line Centre
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Exp:
Default

Nm

Last edited by Flamenspiel; 04-06-2020 at 06:17 PM.
Flamenspiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 06:33 PM   #78
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12 View Post
Is this necessary?
Is your spam posting that ruins every thread really necessary?
Flames Draft Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Flames Draft Watcher For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2020, 06:43 PM   #79
peter12
Franchise Player
 
peter12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher View Post
Is your spam posting that ruins every thread really necessary?
The mods have said this many times - put me on ignore.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 06:43 PM   #80
nik-
Franchise Player
 
nik-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Exp:
Default

The mods!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJoji View Post
Johnny eats garbage and isnít 100% committed.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:57 PM.

Calgary Flames
2019-20




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2016