Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2020, 05:51 PM   #361
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
Why are you quoting me? I wasn't suggesting them.
Oh i just randomly chose someone to say

NOOOOOO to Domi
and
NOOOOOO to Reinhart.

I would seriously burn my kids' Gaudreau jersey and not watch a single Flames game next year.
Old 10-04-2020, 06:55 PM   #362
kukkudo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I don't think he would have gone to the extent he did to clear the air if he didn't mean it. Will he be traded? Possibly, if BT thinks the return makes the team better but I am really tired of people using the "he wants to play close to home so he won't sign here" to fit their narrative when it has been debunked.

I think you are smart enough not to believe any of these sports athletics and what they say to the media.
kukkudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 03:02 AM   #363
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Johnny's not going to admit that he won't sign another contract here, and he didn't exactly go out of his way to clear the air-somebody from the press asked him that question, right?
Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 07:30 AM   #364
Macindoc
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
Johnny's not going to admit that he won't sign another contract here, and he didn't exactly go out of his way to clear the air-somebody from the press asked him that question, right?
Do you really think that would be top of mind for him after a disappointing playoff run when he still has 2 years left in his current contract and he was about to propose to his girlfriend? You can be pretty much be guaranteed that we were more concerned about the status of his contact at that time than he was.
Macindoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 04:13 PM   #365
N26
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Reinhart. Four seasons of 20+ goals as he's been a more consistent player and doesn't have the stink of his dad like Max does.
Paul Reinhart has zero stink.
N26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to N26 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2020, 04:28 PM   #366
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N26 View Post
Paul Reinhart has zero stink.
Think again. He ended his career as a Canuck.
Old 10-05-2020, 05:29 PM   #367
N26
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
Think again. He ended his career as a Canuck.
Still one of the best Flames ever.

ZERO STINK.
Old 10-05-2020, 07:41 PM   #368
Eric Vail
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Still one of the best Flames ever.

ZERO STINK.
Absolutely. Paul Reinhart was a great Flame who had the ability to shine come playoff time.
Eric Vail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 09:50 PM   #369
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macindoc View Post
Do you really think that would be top of mind for him after a disappointing playoff run when he still has 2 years left in his current contract and he was about to propose to his girlfriend? You can be pretty much be guaranteed that we were more concerned about the status of his contact at that time than he was.
So you're saying he answered that he wants to stay in Calgary because he was too distracted by the playoffs and the proposal to think about it? Makes no sense....

I'm saying that if he's never going to sign another contract in Calgary, he's already conciously aware of it-and he's not going to come out and admit it to a reporter.
Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 08:00 AM   #370
ricardodw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is today the last day that Gaudreau is a Flame?
ricardodw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 08:02 AM   #371
kyuss275
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardodw View Post
Is today the last day that Gaudreau is a Flame?

No. I have a feeling that there won’t be many trades today. I’m not even sure they will trade him this off season.
kyuss275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 08:06 AM   #372
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

If anything Treliving has been teasing a blockbuster could come weeks down the road. He has mentioned a lot about this weekend not being the beginning and end of the offseason. The league is shutdown until the new year so earliest camp starts would be mid December so he does have months to make big changes.

If Hall, and Markstrom are his game plan then we could see some moves happen in the next 1-5 days
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 08:17 AM   #373
flambers
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
If anything Treliving has been teasing a blockbuster could come weeks down the road. He has mentioned a lot about this weekend not being the beginning and end of the offseason. The league is shutdown until the new year so earliest camp starts would be mid December so he does have months to make big changes.

If Hall, and Markstrom are his game plan then we could see some moves happen in the next 1-5 days
Sure, however it seems trades have a tendency to occur around the draft and before free agency.

Teams will have salary ceilings, as they sign players trades will get tougher to generate.
flambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 08:22 AM   #374
The Original FFIV
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post

He said the same thing when we had to dump money last year to sign tkachuk. We didn’t trade frolik until the new year.

There seems to be paralysis in the trade market due to flat cap and Covid uncertainty.

This compounds the same cycle we do around the draft every year. Lots of rumors and talk but little to no action. Set your expectations low and you won’t be disappointed.
The Original FFIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 09:17 AM   #375
N26
Scoring Winger

Exp:

As the starter of this Gaudreau trade thread I don't expect him to be traded today and possibly not at all.

Some of Treliving's comments lately and the flat cap/covid situation suggest this I think. Plus, as I think this thread has shown, it is not an easy trade to make.

Though if the team struggles and he is average-ish again it could become a real possibility at the trade deadline.
The Following User Says Thank You to N26 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2020, 09:22 AM   #376
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
As the starter of this Gaudreau trade thread I don't expect him to be traded today and possibly not at all.

Some of Treliving's comments lately and the flat cap/covid situation suggest this I think. Plus, as I think this thread has shown, it is not an easy trade to make.

Though if the team struggles and he is average-ish again it could become a real possibility at the trade deadline.
I think there is no chance Gaudreau moves in the offseason. Also interesting to see in the new retro jersey promo it centres around the big three, Monahan, Gaudreau, and Tkachuk. You don't make that promo with those guys if you anticipate moving any of them.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 09:30 AM   #377
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I think there is no chance Gaudreau moves in the offseason. Also interesting to see in the new retro jersey promo it centres around the big three, Monahan, Gaudreau, and Tkachuk. You don't make that promo with those guys if you anticipate moving any of them.
That retro night promo was actually made for a retro night a while back, it is not new for the jersey change
Crown Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Crown Royal For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2020, 09:30 AM   #378
Chingas
First Line Centre

Exp:

Who says no?

Johnny and Hanifin to Columbus for Anderson and Jones
Old 10-06-2020, 09:31 AM   #379
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Royal View Post
That retro night promo was actually made for a retro night a while back, it is not new for the jersey change
Ah, I didn't know that.
Old 10-06-2020, 09:33 AM   #380
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingas View Post
Who says no?

Johnny and Hanifin to Columbus for Anderson and Jones
The Jackets unfortunately. That is a trade I would love. Jones is a franchise D man, he isn't going anywhere.

Tags
johnny gaudreau , trade idea