Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2018, 10:25 AM   #241
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

If people keep complaining about Cassie, then sportsnet/the hockey gods will stick us with John Garrett or Drew Remenda. And nobody wants that.
mikephoen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mikephoen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2018, 10:31 AM   #242
taxbuster
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
For those who think Cassie Campbell's performance is on the job training quality or should be replaced go listen to an oilers broadcast. She is significantly better than Rememda. She is adequate for a regional broadcast.

We have been spoiled with the best hockey colour guy in the world on our regional program somanything but him is a big drop off.
For all those complaining about Cassie Campbell: there is a marvellous new invention. It's called "mute".

There is a button for it on remotes for those of you who watch TV and one on most video feeds. There is one on every computer or phone. There is no need to complain as you also don't need to listen to her. (This is what I do for the Randorf/Debrusk games.)

And I second the above poster: any time listening to Debrusk, Remenda or a few of the other twits around - I'll take Cassie over them any time. Yes, she needs to learn to modulate her voice somewhat. But compared to a number of others (and to some from the southern US teams) she's miles ahead.
taxbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 10:33 AM   #243
taxbuster
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
Cassie was fine, I was just puzzled as to how she couldn't hear that goal horn lol
Headphones?
taxbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 10:35 AM   #244
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxbuster View Post
Headphones?
Please see post 235. I don't want to belabor this, as its really not a big deal. At all.

Just odd that she didn't hear it when Ball did. My reaction was similar to his. It was funny to me.
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Toonage For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2018, 11:15 AM   #245
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
...any time listening to Debrusk, Remenda or a few of the other twits around - I'll take Cassie over them any time. Yes, she needs to learn to modulate her voice somewhat. But compared to a number of others (and to some from the southern US teams) she's miles ahead.
Wait—you don't like listening to Drew Remenda and Kevin Quinn? I tune into Oilers games just to hear what they might say next. It sure as hell is better than watching Oilers hockey. They are hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 12:34 PM   #246
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I havent read the thread in its entirety yet, but I cant remember the last time Matt Stajan and Lee Stempniak scored in the same game.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 12:45 PM   #247
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
For all those complaining about Cassie Campbell: there is a marvellous new invention. It's called "mute".

There is a button for it on remotes for those of you who watch TV and one on most video feeds. There is one on every computer or phone. There is no need to complain as you also don't need to listen to her. (This is what I do for the Randorf/Debrusk games.)

And I second the above poster: any time listening to Debrusk, Remenda or a few of the other twits around - I'll take Cassie over them any time. Yes, she needs to learn to modulate her voice somewhat. But compared to a number of others (and to some from the southern US teams) she's miles ahead.
Yes and most times I have her on mute, but I was flipping back and forth between the Flames and the NFL game.

and how about Sportnset just f=off with covering hockey all together. SAIT level production values, and C level commentators that are clueless is just embarassing. I'm so happy the Jays are going to suck really bad for the next few years so Rogers loses a ton of money. Hopefully they'll sell portions of their contract back to TSN.
Johnny Makarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 02:36 PM   #248
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Well that's a fine solution, unless you happen to want to hear Ball's PBP.

There's not much wrong with Debrusk's colour work, BTW.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2018, 02:37 PM   #249
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Well that's a fine solution, unless you happen to want to hear Ball's PBP.

There's not much wrong with Debrusk's colour work, BTW.
Unless the Oilers are playing.
Robbob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 02:46 PM   #250
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikephoen View Post
If people keep complaining about Cassie, then sportsnet/the hockey gods will stick us with John Garrett or Drew Remenda. And nobody wants that.
Can you imagine Remenda doing Remenda things as a Flames broadcaster?

"OMG, Smith just played the puck to his defenceman. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!?!"

"Johnny just undressed the ENTIRE TEAM before dumping it in to make a change! Oh my!!!"

"Brouwer with a power move on that play, he's such a force out there and he never turns the puck over. NEVER."
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tvp2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2018, 02:47 PM   #251
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

Holy frick people complaining about the lamest things. It wasn't long ago Flames games were on PPV at the freakin cinemas.

It wasn't long ago when the schedule would be released and we would all count how many games Flames are getting on TV.

Use the mute feature.
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Da_Chief For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2018, 02:49 PM   #252
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Chief View Post
Holy frick people complaining about the lamest things. It wasn't long ago Flames games were on PPV at the freakin cinemas.

It wasn't long ago when the schedule would be released and we would all count how many games Flames are getting on TV.

Use the mute feature.
...I remember those days...

ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 02:50 PM   #253
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Use the mute feature.
I agree. Constant complaining is why we tend to not have nice stuff. Sign of the times.
Robbob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 03:00 PM   #254
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp2003 View Post
Can you imagine Remenda doing Remenda things as a Flames broadcaster?

"OMG, Smith just played the puck to his defenceman. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!?!"

"Johnny just undressed the ENTIRE TEAM before dumping it in to make a change! Oh my!!!"

"Brouwer with a power move on that play, he's such a force out there and he never turns the puck over. NEVER."
This is funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 03:10 PM   #255
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Use the mute feature.
Yeah and back then no one complained about the announcers...haha

Poor Rob Kerr and Charlie Simmer and Drew Remenda and Mark Lee, and Steve Weeks. Well to be fair to Campbell she is ahead of Weeks!
Oh holy crap. There was a few broadcasts where we got both her and Weeks! Bleeding ears unite!
Old 01-15-2018, 03:13 PM   #256
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Use the mute feature.
Just because it used to suck, doesn't mean people don't find things annoying and/or want them changed. I'm picturing you sitting on your porch talking about the good ol days, but how tough you had it.

I really enjoy Ball and Hrudey. I thought Loubardias was also terrible, with his yelling, "WHERE IS IT?" I also think Cassie is terrible. She has a few set talking points that she wants to get out, but has no sense of timing on when to deliver them. She talks over Ball constantly. She is wrong multiple times a game. She kept going on about the Giordano and Aho knee, even when told that wasn't what they were looking at. How you don't hear the horn is mystifying to me. I do not like her at all as an announcer. She was a world class hockey player, and that has not translated well to commentating. She should have done junior games first.

Telling people to mute their TVs for a hockey game is ridiculous. I think TSN delivers a higher quality picture, so does that mean I should listen to the game on the radio instead of watching Sportsnet? I also like to listen to other things during the game, such as Ball's play by play, the crowd noise, whistles, etc. I lose all of that by muting. I'm definitely not going to turn on CC because Cassie is on there. I'm not having that cluttering up my screen while trying to watch.

I believe Sportsnet, and us as viewers, would be better served by replacing Cassie with someone else. I applaud Rogers for having a female in the booth, and I bet there are many that are more talented than Cassie. Someone like Leah Hextall would be great.

I'm ecstatic over the 7 game win streak. I just wish I had someone else to listen to while watching my favourite team. I guess I should congratulate you on having much better things to complain about. You sure showed us by saying our preferences are lame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to squiggs96 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2018, 03:15 PM   #257
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also go watch an NBC telecast on Saturdays where they pretty much have all the TSN guys on. Nice things. Such pretty things! Even Pierre Maguire is pretty.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:25 PM   #258
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Use the mute feature.
It wasn't that long ago that Charlie Simmer was our color man. For nearly ten years, and he never so much as raised his voice, let alone contributed anything worthwhile.

Cassie Campbell is fine. Among a rotation of Hrudey, and DeBrusk, she is not out of place. She seems prepared, she knows the game, and there's nothing about her work that won't get better with experience.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:50 PM   #259
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

I miss Leah Hextall as panel host.

Why they don't give Harnaryan a crack at color commentator is beyond me. He was really good as rink side host. The guy clearly has a talent for broadcasting, plus they probably see a bump in numbers from his Punjabi fans.

The Cassie experiment should come to an end. What's the use of forcing it? If it's purely because they want a female, then that's just bad decision making.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2018, 05:53 PM   #260
ASP#26525
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
Also go watch an NBC telecast on Saturdays where they pretty much have all the TSN guys on. Nice things. Such pretty things! Even Pierre Maguire is pretty.
Personally, I find a stream of another feed and watch that instead whenever Cassie's on. I spend too much time getting annoyed at her when I'm supposed to be enjoying entertainment. The NBC feeds are pretty good, as are some of the Fox Sports ones. Muting the game is a ridiculous "suggestion".

In other news, I totally missed the game yesterday, heh, and the condensed game on Flames TV is thankfully the US feed (I think?). Wish I had seen this one, I could have used the distraction on my 12 hour shift:P Silly afternoon games.... GFG!
ASP#26525 is offline   Reply With Quote