Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2021, 04:12 PM   #61
Knightslayer
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryFan1988 View Post
Because legally they have to... unless they can find a taker on him at half salary.
They don't have to legally at all. They can just tell him to sit at home and get paid or buy him out.

I think it's a big mistake having him around their organization.
Knightslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 04:41 PM   #62
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just can’t see any team taking him. He’s a good player but not good enough to justify the possible disruptions. If he was, the Sharks would want to keep him for themselves. Maybe if he was making league minimum on a one year deal you give him a shot to prove himself.
Old 11-28-2021, 04:55 PM   #63
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightslayer View Post
They don't have to legally at all. They can just tell him to sit at home and get paid or buy him out.
Yeah, Montreal did that with Gomez because they didn't want to risk him getting injured in the AHL, which could have prevented them from being able to buy him out in the off-season. Also, the Oilers did it with Souray because they didn't want him bad-mouthing their ####ty organization to their prospects in the AHL.
Old 11-28-2021, 05:24 PM   #65
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Location: https://homestars.com/companies/2808346-keith-my-furnace-guy
Exp:

Wow. This guy has done more off the ice to put a permanent mark on the league.

I used to agree with the NFL motto....we have it all....yep....you have all the rapists, murderers, addicts , extortionists, etc.....here....take Kane hell fit right in and good riddance.
EVERLAST is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 05:29 PM   #66
InternationalVillager
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I wonder if there would be this much vitriol towards E. Kane if he was white. You would think he has personally hurt so many people in this thread or even the Flames. So not sure why such an attitude. He was accused of gambling. NHL came back and said no evidence. His claims by his ex-wife have literally been unfounded.

What's the issue? He declared bankruptcy? Why does that matter to anyone?

He is considered to be a bad teammate? What's the evidence?

Jets players practically bullied him out of Winnipeg. He ended up in Buffalo....like who wants to be in Buffalo?

Anyway I don't personally know the guy and he has done nothing to me so as a hockey fan, if he can help the Flames win at $3M per season, I would say the Flames would be stupid not to atleast inquire.
InternationalVillager is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to InternationalVillager For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2021, 05:29 PM   #67
InternationalVillager
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVERLAST View Post

I used to agree with the NFL motto....we have it all....yep....you have all the rapists, murderers, addicts , extortionists, etc.....here....take Kane hell fit right in and good riddance.
Except Kane is not a rapist, murderer...etc.... smh what a bad post.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to InternationalVillager For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2021, 05:31 PM   #68
kyuss275
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVERLAST View Post

Truthfully I don’t think his horrible off ice issues is what is going to keep off a team this year . His 4 year term and him being a locker room cancer is what is going to keep him off an nhl roster this year .
kyuss275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 05:42 PM   #69
Hockey_Ninja

Exp:

The only great thing this ##### ever did in his career was knock out Matt Cooke. Such a shame that a decent player turned out to be such a dick. Good riddance
Old 11-28-2021, 06:14 PM   #70
CalgaryFan1988
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightslayer View Post

I think it's a big mistake having him around their organization.
They have to pay him and at least in the minors they can save a portion of his salary IIRC. I just mean't they can't leave him on suspension forever, legally. I didn't know you can have him he can sit at home, I actually forgot about the examples that were listed.

Last edited by CalgaryFan1988; 11-28-2021 at 06:16 PM.
CalgaryFan1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 06:15 PM   #71
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InternationalVillager View Post
I wonder if there would be this much vitriol towards E. Kane if he was white. You would think he has personally hurt so many people in this thread or even the Flames. So not sure why such an attitude. He was accused of gambling. NHL came back and said no evidence. His claims by his ex-wife have literally been unfounded.

Jets players practically bullied him out of Winnipeg. He ended up in Buffalo....like who wants to be in Buffalo?

Anyway I don't personally know the guy and he has done nothing to me so as a hockey fan, if he can help the Flames win at $3M per season, I would say the Flames would be stupid not to atleast inquire.
Well, you’ve not mentioned the whole reason he was suspended. And the wife’s claims have not been held to be unfounded. Not at all.

There are multiple reports of his being a bad teammate. He literally had one friend in SJ. And there were concerns he was a bad influence on that player as well.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 06:16 PM   #72
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

WOW, you are seriously turning this into a race issue?
midniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to midniteowl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2021, 06:27 PM   #73
Flamesfan05
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Kane or DeAngelov, who is worse?
Flamesfan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 06:29 PM   #74
MikePatton
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Idk about it being a race issue, but his skin colour follows him around. It's not like he can escape it. In that sense, it's always at least partially a race issue.

I have always had the feeling that something bad happened to this guy in his past. People don't accidentally turn into train wrecks, and addiction especially has roots in things like childhood trauma.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
MikePatton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 06:42 PM   #75
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesfan05 View Post
I wouldn’t want either of them on the Flames but Kane, by far.
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to codynw For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2021, 06:46 PM   #76
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesfan05 View Post
DeAngelo is allegedly a right wing white supremacist.

Kane is allegedly a wife abusing gambling dummy.

No winner here on personality's but DeAngelo somehow is in the NHL and is actually amongst the leaders in defenseman scoring.
Snuffleupagus is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Snuffleupagus For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2021, 07:18 PM   #77
InternationalVillager
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by midniteowl View Post
WOW, you are seriously turning this into a race issue?
Yes. Because it exists. Kane is black and his treatment in the NHL would be different if he was white.
Old 11-28-2021, 07:25 PM   #78
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yes. Because it exists. Kane is black and his treatment in the NHL would be different if he was white.
I really don't get this at all, Kane makes his own problems and I can't see a thing that relates to his skin color.
Snuffleupagus is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Snuffleupagus For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2021, 07:28 PM   #79
InternationalVillager
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
I really don't get this at all, Kane makes his own problems and I can't see a thing that relates to his skin color.
Because we don’t know how much of his issues in the league and outside the rink have been a result of his race. No one is born acting like he has. Were his issues pre-dated to the NHL? When he sat down to do an interview a couple years back, he said that his issues in Winnipeg were partially due to him being Black.

Did his teammates treat him differently? Management? Coaches? With Akim Aliu and all the different stuff coming to light recently. I wouldn’t even be shocked if the NHL culture behind the scenes created some of the issues with E. Kane.
Old 11-28-2021, 07:40 PM   #80
Knightslayer
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
No I doubt it would be.

Sean Avery was white and was universally hated in the NHL and did nothing even close to as serious as Kane has done.

Lots of white hockey players have been hated even more than Kane.
Knightslayer is offline   Reply With Quote