Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2013, 10:56 AM   #21
flamesfan6
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igster View Post
Thought we could get back on topic, but I guess not. I get "very mature" for my response to someone telling me to "go fudge myself"? Ok then...

I stated why in my response. It's nothing personal, but I'm sick of Canadian companies getting rich off of American content and not doing anything to further the Canadian industry other than ride on the coat tails of American networks we already receive and pay for.

What does Global for example bring to the table? Their newscasts? Other than that what do they do but buy American content, and simply resell it to Canadians. I'm supposed to be thankful for this? Do you think our cable and satellite bills are so high because of the American content? Is there a reason why I need to have and pay for crappy Canadian channels, just to get the content I want on American channels? Why the hell should I pay extra to get the same damn content resold to me under the guise of being "Canadian"?

Put some money into the industry. Create your own content that people actually want to watch and then get back to me on charging me for it. Until then, I'm allowed to have my own opinion and it doesn't make me more "American" or wanting to move there anymore than the next guy.

I hope this response meets your expectations.
Way to get it back on topic would of just been like 'ok whatever, i just disagree, /hijack over' .. not make other bashes to canadian networks and then say /hijack over

Also, you're paying extra to avoid the canadian channels to get the american channels, so you're argument of 'why should i pay extra to get this..' is wrong because at the moment, you're paying extra to AVOID canadian channels.

Oh.. you're in canada, the basic channels included in packages are the canadian ones, there are no 'additional costs' to having the canadian channels, you are not paying extra for the canadian channels.. the only added cost you experience are those that you are paying to avoid the canadian channels.

Looking forward to monday's episode, enjoyed the first 2.

Or even better, when you wrote 'But that's for another thread...sorry, couldn't resist the jab.' .. just don't bother bringing it up in a thread.
flamesfan6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:57 AM   #22
Igster
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I was simply responding to you and now I get a "way to get back on topic". Thanks...you're awesome.

Uh huh...

Looking forward to episode 3 on Fox.
Igster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:59 AM   #23
flamesfan6
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igster View Post
I was simply responding to you and now I get a "way to get back on topic". Thanks...you're awesome.

Uh huh...

Looking forward to episode 3 on Fox.
ooooh, you're allowed to post off topic and bash, but people can't respond...

Got it... I'll know for next time...
flamesfan6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 11:00 AM   #24
Igster
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Excellent. Last word.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:51 PM   #25
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

I'll wait for one or two seasons first to make sure FOX doesn't cancel it.

Not a fan of the Vancouver look or the Fords.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:40 AM   #26
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
Not a fan of the Vancouver look or the Fords.
To be fair, you can't exactly build too many sets, build that many vehicles and go to too many exotic locales on a TV budget. CG close up shots of vehicles wouldn't do either. Last Resort got cancelled for having a bloated budget while not capturing enough viewers to justify itself despite decent viewership.

From Judge Dredd:

Can you imagine the cost of having to build fleets of vehicles like this and varying them between episodes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
I'll wait for one or two seasons first to make sure FOX doesn't cancel it.
Viewership numbers in the US are okay so far, 9.7 odd viewers for the first episodes; In line with Fringe's premier numbers, better than Fringes last three seasons worse than it's first two and that show made it to 5 seasons. So far it's been better than Firefly's initial run 4.5 million viewership but it might be too early to tell for the rest of the season.

Last edited by FlameOn; 11-24-2013 at 11:00 AM.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:40 AM   #27
J Diddy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Ugh...this show is becoming way too predictable and just like every formula show on network tv. Losing interest...but I have a man crush on Karl Urban so I will give it a few more episodes.
J Diddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:50 AM   #28
Bane
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I love this show. The humour is great. The android head calling Rudy a prick was priceless.

Kennex, Dorian, and Rudy were cast perfectly. I'm not sold on the rest of the supporting cast though.

I think they captured the whole cyberpunk feel quite well, yet have kept it light with the humour.
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:37 PM   #29
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

I really like this show's concept and its lead actors. Their chemistry is excellent, the performances are very good. The look of the show is pretty high-end as well; there's a lot of depth to many of the shots used in this effort, which is nice to see.

However, I'm asking 'why are you doing that?' too often. And here there be spoilers, so read on at your own peril.

Spoiler!

So while I hope this show is able to grow and become an interesting exploration of human interaction with a new form of artificial intelligence, and all the great sci-fi potential THAT has, writing this show in the wrong direction will make it a forgotten footnote in TV history. And I'd like it if that didn't happen.

Last edited by GreenLantern2814; 12-04-2013 at 01:32 PM.
GreenLantern2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:44 PM   #30
Bobblehead
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hmm should we wrap this in spoiler tags?

Spoiler!
—Daniel J. Boorstin, historian, former Librarian of Congress
"But the Senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity"
—WKRP in Cincinatti
Bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:28 PM   #31
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobblehead View Post
Hmm should we wrap this in spoiler tags?

Spoiler!
Ah, it seems that after several seconds of searching, I've found that spoiler tag. Sorry. My response is below.

Spoiler!
Old 12-04-2013, 01:53 PM   #32
Bane
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
Ah, it seems that after several seconds of searching, I've found that spoiler tag. Sorry. My response is below.

Spoiler!
Spoiler!
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bane For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2013, 04:09 PM   #33
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane View Post
Spoiler!
Fair enough
Old 12-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #34
J Diddy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane View Post
Spoiler!
I agree with this because in 3 episodes John's kill count is already 47657834784367685634778358768733476823578643879685 765.145
J Diddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 09:10 PM   #35
Redrum
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
Ugh...this show is becoming way too predictable and just like every formula show on network tv. Losing interest...but I have a man crush on Karl Urban so I will give it a few more episodes.
Get out of my head!
Redrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:34 PM   #36
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've been close to giving up on this show a couple times, but this last week's episode finally started to deliver, with John Laroquette starring in what looks like a longer-term story arc. It still wasn't really unpredictable, but it was a little meatier in terms of content.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:04 AM   #37
Igster
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Yeah, I always leave episodes on my PVR and the wife and I always choose it last when it comes to what to watch first in the list. When I do watch it, it is always kind of fun and enjoyable. Just not something I would cry over if it was cancelled though.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:42 AM   #38
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by octothorp View Post
I've been close to giving up on this show a couple times, but this last week's episode finally started to deliver, with John Laroquette starring in what looks like a longer-term story arc. It still wasn't really unpredictable, but it was a little meatier in terms of content.
I really enjoyed the first couple of episodes but also feel it's becoming too formulaic. The show is trying to appeal to the masses instead if staying original which I feel is a trend among most network shows. I will agree though the this weeks episode was better and overall pretty entertaining while your right, it was obvious who was going to be the "bad guy"

There were too many easy clues in the characters dialog not to notice and during the action after he is told to wait in the conference room I said to my wife next time they look to him he'll be gone and he was. Which in itself disappointing since there is no way he could have gotten out without being seen or stopped as there are cameras everywhere in that police building..............but I'll just keep watching with the rest of the sheep until it gets cancelled.

Iceman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 01:23 PM   #39
Bobblehead
Franchise Player

Exp:

You could tell they needed to do something or it was going to get stale in a hurry.

I could tell they were going to do something as soon as they mentioned "The Wall". I don't think it had even been hinted at before this episode. Is it some sort of Escape from NY zone?
—Daniel J. Boorstin, historian, former Librarian of Congress
"But the Senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity"
—WKRP in Cincinatti
Bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 06:14 PM   #40
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobblehead View Post
I could tell they were going to do something as soon as they mentioned "The Wall". I don't think it had even been hinted at before this episode. Is it some sort of Escape from NY zone?
Obviously the wildlings are on the other side of "The Wall"

I liked the last episode for sure, was getting kind of slow but it's still better than Agents of Shield right now.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
androids , dystopia , sexbots