Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2023, 05:51 PM   #1281
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by badradio View Post
So Rogers just called to switch over from Shaw. I am on the Shaw $0 phone plan, they had to do a hard credit check, which for some reason I was denied twice... They are offering 1 gig onto the phone plan and crediting the $50 activation fee... I couldn't understand the phone operator very well... I started to think it wasn't legit when they were asking for my personal information, but I got a legit email... so it is... So they are off to a really bad start in my books. They said it might be a fault on their end for the credit denial and they are calling me back tomorrow... They shouldn't even have to do a hard credit check when my history with Shaw is pristine...
I walked into a Rogers store on Wednesday to get our stuff transferred. We had one 25gb/$45 line, one 6GB/$25, and two $0 ones. Took about a half hour to transfer everything, both $0 lines got 1GB of data, and I didn't pay anything or have any credit check done
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 06:51 PM   #1282
badradio
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
I walked into a Rogers store on Wednesday to get our stuff transferred. We had one 25gb/$45 line, one 6GB/$25, and two $0 ones. Took about a half hour to transfer everything, both $0 lines got 1GB of data, and I didn't pay anything or have any credit check done
That’s interesting… I asked if I could just go into a store to do it and they said I wouldn’t get the plan if I did…
badradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 06:34 PM   #1283
ajr4013
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Looks like the Rogers logo is now on the cable menu screen. Not sure how long that’s been the case but seems fairly recent to me.
ajr4013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 10:02 PM   #1284
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

We finished the switchover yesterday. Tried to use the chat link they provided, earlier in the week, and got 0 response. So we called the number provided that same day and the rep was an idiot. It was utterly painful. In the end, he got the transfer done but wouldn't give us an account number, so we could sign up for the myRogers thing. "Just go into a store and they'll give it to you." We had other questions and he kept blowing us off, so we finally just said ok bye and hung up. The new sim cards arrived Thursday, so we went into a store on Saturday morning and the kid working was phenomenal. The sim cards weren't designated for which phone when they arrived, so he sorted that, answered all our questions, got us our account number, and re-verified all the info was correct - in less than 15 minutes. I hope all their phone reps aren't like the dingleberry we had to speak to, and that eventually, their chat thing works, because if we ever have issues to be addressed? Man, I hate talking to reps on the phone. We always used the chat feature with Shaw, it worked great.

Hopefully, everything else transitions smoothly.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Minnie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2023, 10:52 PM   #1285
badradio
First Line Centre

Exp:

Yeah I ended up going in and they sorted it all out in 10 minutes… the guy even said support doesn’t know what they are talking about. They had Shaw people and Rogers people working together and they said it’s been a brutal transition. A older guy came in trying to pay his landline with cash and they couldn’t accept it for whatever reason and he was irate… he was a real jerk, but a big corporation should have that figured out by now.
Old 06-26-2023, 12:22 AM   #1286
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

just a warning there are overage charges for the data

so your "free" 1 gig data phone could cost a lot more
Old 06-26-2023, 12:32 AM   #1287
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
We finished the switchover yesterday. Tried to use the chat link they provided, earlier in the week, and got 0 response. So we called the number provided that same day and the rep was an idiot. It was utterly painful. In the end, he got the transfer done but wouldn't give us an account number, so we could sign up for the myRogers thing. "Just go into a store and they'll give it to you." We had other questions and he kept blowing us off, so we finally just said ok bye and hung up. The new sim cards arrived Thursday, so we went into a store on Saturday morning and the kid working was phenomenal. The sim cards weren't designated for which phone when they arrived, so he sorted that, answered all our questions, got us our account number, and re-verified all the info was correct - in less than 15 minutes. I hope all their phone reps aren't like the dingleberry we had to speak to, and that eventually, their chat thing works, because if we ever have issues to be addressed? Man, I hate talking to reps on the phone. We always used the chat feature with Shaw, it worked great.

Hopefully, everything else transitions smoothly.
Finding a good in-person rep is like finding a leprechaun at the end of a rainbow. Which location did you go to so I can try my luck without losing my ####?
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sr. Mints For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2023, 12:58 AM   #1288
badradio
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
just a warning there are overage charges for the data

so your "free" 1 gig data phone could cost a lot more
Thanks, I didn’t know that… that’s pretty slimey IMO and no one had mentioned that. It’s $10 per gig overage. I wonder if there is a way to cap it at 1 gig?
Old 06-26-2023, 09:27 AM   #1289
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by badradio View Post
Thanks, I didn’t know that… that’s pretty slimey IMO and no one had mentioned that. It’s $10 per gig overage. I wonder if there is a way to cap it at 1 gig?
Not sure, I got the info from redflagdeals where it was being discussed...haven't go e over myself
Old 06-26-2023, 09:37 AM   #1290
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm gonna push it off as long as possible until they get desperate for me to switch.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 10:00 AM   #1291
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I'm gonna push it off as long as possible until they get desperate for me to switch.
Getting tired of having #### cell service with Shaw on the edges of the city, and zero service when we made a trip to Kananaskis was my motivation to switch early
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 10:04 AM   #1292
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Getting tired of having #### cell service with Shaw on the edges of the city, and zero service when we made a trip to Kananaskis was my motivation to switch early
I consider that a feature.
Old 06-26-2023, 10:14 AM   #1293
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Is Rogers not honouring your current Shaw (cell) plans for 5 years? You still need to switch sims but no need to change the plans. Or maybe I am just misunderstanding what some are writing in here.
Galakanokis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 10:22 AM   #1294
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galakanokis View Post
Is Rogers not honouring your current Shaw (cell) plans for 5 years? You still need to switch sims but no need to change the plans. Or maybe I am just misunderstanding what some are writing in here.
Ya, I just like it when I can get corporations to beg me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2023, 07:55 PM   #1295
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

The deals they are offering right now are about 75 dollars cheaper than what I pay with a discount through Shaw.

They offered me a 50gb phone deal for 55 if I am not part of Rogers or any subsidiary companies...........so I don't qualify? Yes sir that's correct you wouldn't. So why bring it up???
Paulie Walnuts is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Paulie Walnuts For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2023, 09:14 AM   #1296
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Watch out Rogers says they will not but they will charge you a connection fee of 50/60 to switch over. They are not allowed to but they do anyway. Also, their customer service is brutal, not looking forward to them at all. So when I phoned in they said you have to phone after your first bill and get them to remove the connection fee.
fotze2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 10:38 AM   #1297
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

I went to switch and the guy said the connection fee would be charged and refunded automatically.

Then I failed the credit check because apparently TransUnion has an incorrect birthday for me, so now the fun of trying to fix that.

You want to talk about terrible customer service, twice I waited on hold, the hold music stopped, and then I got a dead line. So I tried the callback, went to enter my phone number and the thing said "You have entered LINE FEED, is this correct?"... Eventually I found a different toll free number and got through on that lol.

Then I got locked out of my TransUnion account, had to call in to get it unlocked. Then they did a password reset email, so did that and got locked out again.. but apparently because I'm supposed to log in via some other login URL other than the one that's in the password reset email I got and I'm just supposed to know that? Terrible.
Old 07-20-2023, 10:41 AM   #1298
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
I went to switch and the guy said the connection fee would be charged and refunded automatically.

Then I failed the credit check because apparently TransUnion has an incorrect birthday for me, so now the fun of trying to fix that.

You want to talk about terrible customer service, twice I waited on hold, the hold music stopped, and then I got a dead line. So I tried the callback, went to enter my phone number and the thing said "You have entered LINE FEED, is this correct?"... Eventually I found a different toll free number and got through on that lol.
The language barrier was just too much after trying to "verify my identity" for seriously 15 minutes.

It was absolutely this but even worse.

fotze2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 10:44 AM   #1299
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Hah at least the verifying identity part went smooth.. every time I've managed to speak with someone at TransUnion they were pretty good.
Old 07-20-2023, 12:30 PM   #1300
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Huh, I wonder if this is why I failed an identity check with Canada Post for mail forwarding. I couldn't figure out what was wrong and now I have to go to a post office to do it.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote