Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2014, 10:32 PM   #41
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

I kind of think making the A look like a 4 was intentional too.

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 04-14-2014 at 11:53 PM.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:51 PM   #42
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Loved the movie, though it's crazy how all designers of super weapons go to the same evil engineering school and bake in such seamlessly integrated hero access points, I mean design features.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:15 AM   #43
an hero
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
When they booted up the helicarriers and they started showing the targets through the computer one was Tony Stark in Manhattan.
Which to me would add to the confusion, given the Avengers that are on Earth, just disappearing for such an event, especially Tony Stark and Pepper. While I get it that they are different stories, it's a little annoying regarding sensible continuity.
an hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:53 AM   #44
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I believe that the events that happen in IronMan 3 and Thor 2 are happening at the exact same time as Cap 2.

Which would occupy Tony Stark and Thor, Black Widow is with Cap and apparently in Avengers 2 they will reveal why Hulk and Hawkeye were busy as well.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:09 AM   #45
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Currently there is no Iron Man, if you remember he blew up all the suits and had the arc reactor removed from his chest.

Bruce Banner is also busy being Tony's psychologist, do you guys not remember the post credit scene in Iron Man 3? Geeze...

Last edited by Hockeyguy15; 04-15-2014 at 08:12 AM.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:48 AM   #46
an hero
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
I believe that the events that happen in IronMan 3 and Thor 2 are happening at the exact same time as Cap 2.

Which would occupy Tony Stark and Thor, Black Widow is with Cap and apparently in Avengers 2 they will reveal why Hulk and Hawkeye were busy as well.
It would make sense out of things, that's for sure.

Anyways, the reaction I remember out of the crowd was this chuckle when Stan Lee made his typical cameo. (usually see more of a reaction when we go to Sunridge Spectrum, went to Crowfoot Crossing this time)

Last edited by an hero; 04-15-2014 at 08:50 AM.
an hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:12 AM   #47
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

Watching movies like this where millions/billions of dollars of assets and infrastructure is destroyed, always has me wondering about the real-world economic implications. I mean what's SHIELD's budget? A trillion dollars?

I may be looking too deeply into a superhero fiction movie haha.
Looch City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:18 PM   #48
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

http://gizmodo.com/5908928/the-damag...lion-to-repair
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to speede5 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2014, 10:36 PM   #49
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Since Marvel's Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. television show deals with the aftermath of all 3 movies they couldn't be happening at the exact same time.

Some spoilers from the show and movies
Spoiler!

I'm not sure the exact time that takes place between each episode but it definitely exists.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:28 AM   #50
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Ahh I stand corrected, I have tried to watch SHIELD but I just can't get into it.

I actually kind of like this because it pokes some holes into the Marvel shield (pun intended). They were riding so high and mighty, but now they have an incredibly large logistics problem. What say ye Marvel?
Old 04-16-2014, 10:09 AM   #51
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
Since Marvel's Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. television show deals with the aftermath of all 3 movies they couldn't be happening at the exact same time.

Some spoilers from the show and movies
Spoiler!

I'm not sure the exact time that takes place between each episode but it definitely exists.
That's a very good point. Comics generally don't do a great job of explaining why heroes often fight separate battles and occasionally come together as well though. I mean really I would have though Avengers was originally just fan service. Do the movies and TV shows get held to a different standard? My gut says yes, but I can't explain why lol.

And for those of you that abandoned the TV show, maybe give it another shot, as some really cool super-villain origin stories have taken form and are starting to pay off.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:39 PM   #52
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Iron Man 3 takes place over Christmas. It's a Shane Black film.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:17 PM   #53
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finally saw this last night. Really enjoyed it, especially the detective elements which split up the action. Not to take away from the things that Marvel has consistently done well, but there has been one thing that has bothered me for a while, and this movie kind of drove it home.

Scarlett Johannson as Black Widow. A big part of this movie was the pain she would experience as a result of her dark and hidden history. I look at Scarlett and I can only imagine her stealing a kitkat bar from a 7-11 in Kiev as her haunted past. Was she alive during the heyday of the KGB? I just can't buy her as emotionally scarred, or really all that intimidating.

Was Milla Johovich to old for this role, marketing wise?

Might just be me.
Harry Lime is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Harry Lime For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2014, 08:00 PM   #54
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

So much better then the first Captain America.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:54 PM   #55
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Just got back from seeing it. I loved it. Favourite Marvel movie to date.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote