Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2010, 02:51 PM   #841
jjbouma
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyden View Post
Don't worry Calgary, I've got something even better for us...

Calgary to Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo, Mexico - $210 after tax

Departure dates: April 20, 24, 27
Coming home: April 20, 24, 27, May 1

Can see it at http://www.westjet.com Just look for the $49+tax flights each way.

This seems to be a nationwide sale on WestJet to select destinations in Mexico for April -> May 1.

Still making my way through them all. Saskatoon/Regina have flights as low as $200 all in to Mazatlan.

There's also a flight to Nassau, Bahamas for $291, April 26-30, so kind of a short trip. WestJet.

cM
Has anyone been to Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo? Anyone know what it compares to?
jjbouma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:24 AM   #842
surferguy
Monster Storm

Exp:

Hey cmyden,

I need to get to Kuai Hawaii for April 7-14. I am open for a couple days before/after but have dates booked for the 7-14 for a wedding. Looking to fly from Calgary and don't mind doing an interislander flight to reduce costs. Would you have any info on where to get a good flight?
surferguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:52 AM   #843
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferguy View Post
Hey cmyden,

I need to get to Kuai Hawaii for April 7-14. I am open for a couple days before/after but have dates booked for the 7-14 for a wedding. Looking to fly from Calgary and don't mind doing an interislander flight to reduce costs. Would you have any info on where to get a good flight?
Hi Surfer guy,

Those are actually your cheapest dates to fly into LIH, $562 USD after taxes on Delta, decent price. Honolulu won't save you much, $547 on American Airlines.

Flight deals from other cities: Vancouver - Edmonton - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Toronto - Montreal - Ottawa - Halifax
cmyden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:01 AM   #844
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOT View Post
I am looking to to find a cheap flights/hotel package. My buddy is getting married down in Mexico (Barcelo Los Cabos). The only thing is I would be leaving from Vancouver so just wondering what sites I should check out or keep my eye on. We are going down April 26th for 7 days I believe.

Anyways I'm sure there are some links somewhere in this thread I just can't get up the motivation to read 42 pages. Thanks for the help!
Hi Hoot,

The best price right now is $1540/person for the Barcelo Los Cabos package, leaving Apr 26th. Or if you leave April 24th instead, you can save some cash, $1161. This is based on 2 people on the room.

All of the flight booking sites in Canada pull their package prices from the same database, so you can just use sites like Flight Centre, RedTag, etc, they all will have pretty much the same price.

Flight deals from other cities: Vancouver - Edmonton - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Toronto - Montreal - Ottawa - Halifax
The Following User Says Thank You to cmyden For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2010, 11:25 AM   #845
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Last minute deal...

Flight + 7 nights 4* Cuba - $702 inc tax

Some good last minute deals just popped up for Cuba, Feb 3-10.

Sol Cayo Santa Maria - $702/person after taxes

reviews: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...aria_Cuba.html

Very good reviews.

Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria - $774/person

reviews: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...aria_Cuba.html

Also good reviews.

cM

Last edited by cmyden; 02-01-2010 at 11:33 AM.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:10 PM   #846
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Calgary to Montego Bay, Jamaica - $364

Feb 5-12, on Air Transat. Round trip, after taxes.

cM

Old 02-03-2010, 05:54 PM   #847
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Calgary to Kelowna - $149 inc tax, return

WestJet has posted some flights in Feb/March, look for the $39/each way flights.

For April/May and even up to June 29 they are $20 more.

cM

Old 02-03-2010, 06:13 PM   #848
HOOT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Hi Hoot,

The best price right now is $1540/person for the Barcelo Los Cabos package, leaving Apr 26th. Or if you leave April 24th instead, you can save some cash, $1161. This is based on 2 people on the room.

All of the flight booking sites in Canada pull their package prices from the same database, so you can just use sites like Flight Centre, RedTag, etc, they all will have pretty much the same price.
Thanks! I will keep my eye on things and maybe I will head down a few days early to save some cash.
HOOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 01:54 AM   #849
drewboy12
First Line Centre

Exp:

Just booked Cancun, skiddily dee!
Old 02-05-2010, 04:08 PM   #850
Cactus Jack
First Line Centre

Exp:

My dear Cmyden, can you double check for any good deal to NY Feb12-15? The best I can find is $850USD. If that's the best I can do, let me know. There's a fortune in it for you of golden dabloons, if you do
Cactus Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 04:16 PM   #851
kermitology
It's not easy being green!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOT View Post
I am looking to to find a cheap flights/hotel package. My buddy is getting married down in Mexico (Barcelo Los Cabos). The only thing is I would be leaving from Vancouver so just wondering what sites I should check out or keep my eye on. We are going down April 26th for 7 days I believe.

Anyways I'm sure there are some links somewhere in this thread I just can't get up the motivation to read 42 pages. Thanks for the help!
I REALLY liked the layout of tripcentral.ca

Cheapest I could find at that date is $1540/person (taxes included) for the 26th and 7 days. Leaving from Vancouver.

It's what I used to book my trip to Riviera Maya.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:17 PM   #852
kermitology
It's not easy being green!

Exp:

Also..

If anyone sees good prices on Bahia Principe Coba/Tulum/Akumal (like $1100 and lower) BOOK IT! Such a fantastic resort!
Old 02-05-2010, 04:47 PM   #853
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looking to go to England sometime from july 15 to the end of august for 3 weeks. Any smoking deals right now?
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 12:26 PM   #854
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Calgary to Lima, Peru - $600 USD after taxes

Maybe it's because Machu Picchu is closed until at least April, but Continental has dropped their prices drastically on flights to Peru.

Mar 8-18
Continental Airlines
$600 USD return, after taxes.

Just be aware that there's also a long 10 hour layover in Houston on the way down, 6 on the way back.

Old 02-07-2010, 01:44 PM   #855
DionPlett
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Anyone ever been to Japan? Seems like a place I'd really want to go to just from a lot of different things I've seen on tv programs.
DionPlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:58 PM   #856
worth
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DionPlett View Post
Anyone ever been to Japan? Seems like a place I'd really want to go to just from a lot of different things I've seen on tv programs.
http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...ighlight=japan
worth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to worth For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2010, 12:06 PM   #857
Dodsdomd
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:
Default Iceland

cmyden - Have you seen any deals heading to Iceland? I'm pretty flexiable on 7 days June - October. Looking to leave from Saskatoon or Calgary.

Thanks!
Dodsdomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:16 PM   #858
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodsdomd View Post
cmyden - Have you seen any deals heading to Iceland? I'm pretty flexiable on 7 days June - October. Looking to leave from Saskatoon or Calgary.

Thanks!
IcelandAir is your best bet. June 7-15 there are flights for $933 USD after taxes. Or August 23-30. Or Aug 29-Sep 6.

Look those dates up on Kayak from YYC to KEF.

Or in September, there are flights for $922. Try Sep 4-12 for example. (or leaving Sep 9,11,13,18,20,25,27)

Old 02-08-2010, 07:04 PM   #859
Dodsdomd
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:
Flames

Quote:
IcelandAir is your best bet. June 7-15 there are flights for $933 USD after taxes. Or August 23-30. Or Aug 29-Sep 6.

Look those dates up on Kayak from YYC to KEF.

Or in September, there are flights for $922. Try Sep 4-12 for example. (or leaving Sep 9,11,13,18,20,25,27)
Thanks! Do you think those are decent prices? Should I look at booking in that price range?
Dodsdomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:27 PM   #860
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodsdomd View Post
Thanks! Do you think those are decent prices? Should I look at booking in that price range?
It depends on your definition of a decent price. In terms of how far you're going, which is 3200 miles, it's a lot more expensive than say, Orlando, which is 2300 miles but only $300.

But on the other hand, the reason it costs so much is because there's not many airlines flying there.

I'm not really sure what the historical best price would be, all I can say is that I've never seen it lower than that price myself. And for an isolated country that probably doesn't have a huge tourist demand relative to other countries, I'd say it's about what I would expect to pay.

These days when you can easily expect to pay $800-$1000 USD to get to London, Paris, Germany, etc, $922 USD certainly doesn't seem unreasonable to get to Iceland.

I've noticed that IcelandAir sometimes has flights to London/Amsterdam,etc with 24 hour stopovers in KEF. I haven't looked, but I wonder if it's possible to get a flight to say, Amsterdam, with a really long stopver in Reykjavik.

The Following User Says Thank You to cmyden For This Useful Post: