Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-14-2019, 11:04 AM   #21
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 868904 View Post
I wonder f this might be the route that Frolik ends up. Send him to Anaheim for Eaves, who gets LTIR allowing the Flames to exceed the cap and sign both Tkachuck and Mangiapane.

Ducks get a player who actually plays for them.
Also, Frolik and Eaves have the exact same $3M salary this year, so it would cost ANA nothing (in real dollars). So it's an idea that makes a lot of sense for them as well.

They are getting a middle 6 player, and we are getting an LTIR, so they would have to add. Is a 3rd enough?
Enoch Root is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 11:08 AM   #22
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

or maybe they add a guy like Sherwood or Pietila
Enoch Root is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 11:15 AM   #23
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
Also, Frolik and Eaves have the exact same $3M salary this year, so it would cost ANA nothing (in real dollars). So it's an idea that makes a lot of sense for them as well.

They are getting a middle 6 player, and we are getting an LTIR, so they would have to add. Is a 3rd enough?
I would expect Anaheims perspective is that they are offering to take a contact to provide cap relief. Essentially they are offering a commodity that is in higher demand and that they should be recieving a draft pick for their offering.

Now they could get creative snd hold Frolik and trade him at the deadline to get a pick or picks. But I suspect right now they would expect to get a player and a pick if they provide another team with cap relief.
Old 09-14-2019, 11:21 AM   #24
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:
Default Ducks confirm Kesler and Eaves will miss the entire 19/20 season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
...As much as I dislike the Ducks, I think that they are going to only have a small window of not being a factor in the Pacific...
I am not remotely convinced of this. For years, Anaheim’s success was on the backs of their top three forwards—Getzlaf, Perry, and Kessler—who were good enough to run over everyone else in the League on a regular basis. Perry is gone, and Kessler is broken. Getzlaf is 34, and last year he looked—for the first time in his entire NHL career—like a mortal hockey player. He is approaching a point in his career when he can no longer dominate and take games over on his own. The Ducks currently do not have a player who can replace what Getzlaf brought, and it will take at least a few years to draft and develop another top-line centre.

Yes, they will continue to ride Gibson like they did last year, but look at that roster—it is a far cry from even average, and is not the sort of player group that requires tweaking or supplement. The Ducks are at the starting line of their rebuild. It will take a few years before they are even again in the conversation for the playoffs. Because Getzlaf was once THAT good, and without him in top form the Ducks are THAT bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote