Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2018, 09:06 AM   #201
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Wonder View Post
If the flames can go on a run all it means is a first or second round elimination... you honestly think we can get past eitherthe ducks or Vegas Ina 7 game series let alone anyone from the central?

I want to have hope but I haven't seen anything in this team that makes me believe they can do it. You unfortunately can't have JG out there for 60 minutes
Funny enough, I think we could take the Jets. We've also played the Blues well.

I also think we could take the Kings or Sharks. But that's only if we're talking about the elite 1st line Flames, and the 3M line of old.

This iteration of the team we've seen since the start of February won't compete with anybody.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 09:06 AM   #202
Moderation in all things...

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hixxes View Post
In the Sin Bin for this? If so very lame.
If you have questions about moderation, please contact us directly. Don't complain in a thread. Thanks.
Moderator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 09:08 AM   #203
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

If we miss the playoffs we're no better than the fricken oilers. Just terrible effort.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 09:10 AM   #204
loob job
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

We have one line that can score. If you look at the boxscore every night it is the same three or four guys in on every goal. I assume the 2018 Calgary Flames are not a tough team to play against in the NHL. Shut down that line and you will win, or hold them to a goal or two.
loob job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 09:16 AM   #205
dustygoon
Franchise Player

Exp:

If i was a season ticket holder and Stajan really did say those comments, then i would have a major problem. I pay that money...i can cheer however i want as long as i'm not hurting anyone.

He has some splaining to do. It is SO out of character for him to be the one to say this. Great in the community, great family, beloved teammate and Calgarian that is riding out his career.
dustygoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 09:16 AM   #206
cannon7
Needs More Cowbell

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukkudo View Post
Ferland is way to streaky. Reminds me of Rene Bourque
Sell high.
cannon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 09:33 AM   #207
442scotty
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bozek View Post
In the game thread, some were claiming the Flames’ forward depth was as good as Vegas’. If Hathaway is our substitute for Ferland as first line right wing, we’re nowhere near Vegas’ depth.
And putting Hathaway on the first line seriously ? They should have put Chucky on the first line , moved Ferland down to play with Jankowski (which they did) and put Hathaway with Backlund. Chucky is a beast waiting to be unleashed and needs to get off the Backlund line... I'm not a coach but waiting 3/4 of the season to put Hamilton on the power play, leaving Bennett at centre until he lost all confidence and keeping Chucky on a checking line. It's no wonder the flames are where they are!
442scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 442scotty For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2018, 09:39 AM   #208
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 442scotty View Post
And putting Hathaway on the first line seriously ? They should have put Chucky on the first line , moved Ferland down to play with Jankowski (which they did) and put Hathaway with Backlund. Chucky is a beast waiting to be unleashed and needs to get off the Backlund line... I'm not a coach but waiting 3/4 of the season to put Hamilton on the power play, leaving Bennett at centre until he lost all confidence and keeping Chucky on a checking line. It's no wonder the flames are where they are!
our coaching staff is brain dead. A monkey could juggle lines better than Gulutzan, it's disgusting.

On the other hand this team lacks depth of talent in a major way. Bennett and Jankowski have been pretty useless outside of stretches. The 3M line has been good but not great. When the top line is not on this team lacks a lot of oomph. Add that to a style that seems to mitigate the best abilities of our defensemen and we have a pile of junk. Very frustrating to watch as a fan.

On top of it all you have plugs like Stajan calling out fans. Seriously dude, get off the team already. I was offended when you were resigned, and remain offended. The series winning goal is seriously over hyped here, a peewee player could have put that one in. Stajan has been nothing but a failure and a bitter disappointment his entire career. This "heart and soul player" has been a waste of a contract spot for most of the last two seasons.
The Following User Says Thank You to Monahammer For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2018, 09:42 AM   #209
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Wouldn't be strongly opposed to capitalizing on Ferland's 20 goals by getting assets for him, and using said assets in a package to bring in a proven RW.

He's great when he's on, but his game is no longer being a wrecking ball all over the ice, and the scoring is only there in spurts, with very little happening in between.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 10:05 AM   #210
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

The season is clearly starting to slip away. Both coaching and management have been too slow, or unwilling, to adapt to the realities in front of them, and it's starting to cost us when it really counts.

If there's a silver lining, at least we're one day closer to an off-season when there are some solid coaching candidates to choose from. Or at least one would hope.
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Table 5 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2018, 10:11 AM   #211
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

People on here complain about the lack of energy in the dome every game.

Some of you are a little too sensitive
Old 02-22-2018, 10:13 AM   #212
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Been a Library for the last 10 years or so.
Does anyone really believe this?

Is the dome any louder or quieter than most other buildings? Seems odd to pick out Nashville. The perennial underdogs who just went to the SCF and have had a strong team for the last few seasons.

Why does no one point to SJ or Anaheim or Vancouver or Columbus or Detroit or any of the other two dozen teams who don't have exceptionally loud and vibrant buildings every single game. No we can only be compared to expansion surprise Vegas and Nashville. The two franchises who are clearly the exceptions to the rest of the league.

Not to mention the fact that the building was plenty vibrant the last time we made the playoffs. Who woulda thought?
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2018, 10:13 AM   #213
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
People on here complain about the lack of energy in the dome every game.

Some of you are a little too sensitive
When a loser like Stajan, who has shown up for like 2 games of his 500~ as a flame calls out fans for giving little effort, it shows pretty poorly. If someone like tkachuk said it maybe it would be different. But Tkachuk isn't an idiot and wouldn't say that.

For example, Ovechkin's best season of shot totals (528) is more than all 9 seasons of stajan's shots as a flame combined (512). That's pretty pathetic.

Last edited by Monahammer; 02-22-2018 at 10:17 AM.
Old 02-22-2018, 10:16 AM   #214
kukkudo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
When a loser like Stajan, who has shown up for like 2 games of his 500~ as a flame calls out fans for giving little effort, it shows pretty poorly. If someone like tkachuk said it maybe it would be different. But Tkachuk isn't an idiot and wouldn't say that.
Don't need to call him a loser. Dude puts everything out there not his fault someone gave him that contract.
kukkudo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kukkudo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2018, 10:18 AM   #215
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Ferland is way to streaky. Reminds me of Rene Bourque
Ferland just isn't that good

He has a good shot and plays with a guy who is an incredible play maker

Anywhere else in the lineup he has 5-10 goals
Old 02-22-2018, 10:19 AM   #216
kukkudo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Does anyone really believe this?

Is the dome any louder or quieter than most other buildings? Seems odd to pick out Nashville. The perennial underdogs who just went to the SCF and have had a strong team for the last few seasons.

Why does no one point to SJ or Anaheim or Vancouver or Columbus or Detroit or any of the other two dozen teams who don't have exceptionally loud and vibrant buildings every single game. No we can only be compared to expansion surprise Vegas and Nashville. The two franchises who are clearly the exceptions to the rest of the league.

Not to mention the fact that the building was plenty vibrant the last time we made the playoffs. Who woulda thought?
I know Edmonton was louder last year during the season and playoffs. Again they were good etc.
kukkudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 10:24 AM   #217
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Blockbuster Video used to complain about their customers too.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 10:25 AM   #218
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
our coaching staff is brain dead. A monkey could juggle lines better than Gulutzan, it's disgusting.

On the other hand this team lacks depth of talent in a major way. Bennett and Jankowski have been pretty useless outside of stretches. The 3M line has been good but not great. When the top line is not on this team lacks a lot of oomph. Add that to a style that seems to mitigate the best abilities of our defensemen and we have a pile of junk. Very frustrating to watch as a fan.

On top of it all you have plugs like Stajan calling out fans. Seriously dude, get off the team already. I was offended when you were resigned, and remain offended. The series winning goal is seriously over hyped here, a peewee player could have put that one in. Stajan has been nothing but a failure and a bitter disappointment his entire career. This "heart and soul player" has been a waste of a contract spot for most of the last two seasons.
You poor snowflake.

What a terrible attitude to have.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2018, 10:29 AM   #219
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
You poor snowflake.

What a terrible attitude to have.
Going to call me a #### too?

The team has barely won a damn thing since he's been around. This guy is an AHL player and he has the audacity to call out the fan base. You are lucky to not be riding a bus around california and battling your own personal demons. Count your blessings, shut up, and show up at the rink for once!
Old 02-22-2018, 10:30 AM   #220
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone else get the feeling that at times we are being trolled by Russian bots? Probably payback for the whole Wannmaker thing.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Robbob For This Useful Post: