Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-04-2017, 10:53 AM   #5221
Minnie
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

WRMMH has been this entire summer. We've been camping every weekend since Easter, plus had a nice week's vacation in BC end of June/first week of July. The weather has been great (almost too great at times, LOL) and just getting to spend time together, as a family, has been so awesome. It's been the best summer in years, and we're looking forward to some winter camping this year too.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Minnie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2017, 11:03 AM   #5222
OMG!WTF!
First Line Centre

Exp:

Talking to a borrower yesterday and finding out they want to add a dock jumping dog pool to their operation makes me super happy. Then working out the money so that I can be a part of it makes me even happier. What started off as a $1500 Canadian Tire pool and a plywood deck is now going to be a 100 foot long real competition pool set up with an eye towards enclosing it in an all season structure in the future. The same pool in Calgary is $85 an hour and you can't get a booking. Love this stuff.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OMG!WTF! For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2017, 04:11 PM   #5223
Cube Inmate
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
Talking to a borrower yesterday and finding out they want to add a dock jumping dog pool to their operation makes me super happy.
I'm slow today, but.... what?? I guess I could Google, but I'm afraid if I misspell that at work I'll be turfed pretty quick.
Cube Inmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 04:23 PM   #5224
OMG!WTF!
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cube Inmate View Post
I'm slow today, but.... what?? I guess I could Google, but I'm afraid if I misspell that at work I'll be turfed pretty quick.
Yeah no doubt. I guess it's called dock diving. They had it at the stampede this year. It's getting quite popular and is really fun to watch.

So there's a forty foot dock or ramp. The dog sprints down the ramp and you throw a toy out into the pool. In competitions the longest jumper wins. I think the record is about 37 feet. There's a high jump version too.

Last edited by OMG!WTF!; 08-04-2017 at 04:29 PM.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 05:46 PM   #5225
Resurrection
First Line Centre

Exp:

back to Cape Breton for 3 weeks in August. Last year I had to do September for a wedding and it's not the same. Tonight were staying in a really nice cottage 20 mins from Inverness Beach. Water was 21 today , just lovely for the Atlantic.

This is what vacation is.
Resurrection is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Resurrection For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2017, 09:48 PM   #5226
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I just bought 45 yard line club seats for Miami vs Notre Dame Nov 11th in Miami.

It cost me an absurd amount of money but holy cow am I excited.

College football for anyone wondering. I've never seen a football game in the states. Let alone prime seats for a rivalry like this. Goddamn I'm stoked.
If I may brag a little more about my upcoming trip to Florida, I just booked a hotel across the street from Universal Orlando. I'm only gonna have one day to do both parks but I'm going during slow season and I think I'll go for an express pass to skip the lines.

Is it wrong for a 30 year old man to be this excited about visiting the Wizarding World of Harry Potter (among other attractions)?

Somehow I've lived this long and never been to Disneyland or any major theme park. Calaway park is literally the only theme park I've ever been to, if you can even call it that. Although I did stand outside the gates at Disneyland once but never went inside.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2017, 10:59 PM   #5227
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
If I may brag a little more about my upcoming trip to Florida, I just booked a hotel across the street from Universal Orlando. I'm only gonna have one day to do both parks but I'm going during slow season and I think I'll go for an express pass to skip the lines.

Is it wrong for a 30 year old man to be this excited about visiting the Wizarding World of Harry Potter (among other attractions)?

Somehow I've lived this long and never been to Disneyland or any major theme park. Calaway park is literally the only theme park I've ever been to, if you can even call it that. Although I did stand outside the gates at Disneyland once but never went inside.

...or wasn't allowed inside???

congrats Cecil - i hope the trip is AWESOME!!!! when my wife and i went to seattle a few years ago i was going to take in a seahawks game. the only tickets available were end zone nose bleeds and they were crazy expensive so i passed. i like watching the stamps and that's about the extent of my enjoyment of football. ha! ha!

the theme parks sound like a blast! i grew up just a little west of toronto (before moving to bc in 1986), so my folks would take us to canada's wonderland... a lot! we had passes the one summer and my folks would pretty much drop us off at the entrance and say be back here at 5pm.... ahhhhh, life as a kid in the 80's. ha! ha! i think if parents did that now they'd likely be charged with child abandonment or something!
Old 08-08-2017, 07:52 AM   #5228
Resurrection
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

Jeez, sounds like you and your friend are real winners.
Resurrection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 08:46 AM   #5229
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You should check out College of Wizardry

No prior experience required, school robes included in the price.
Old 08-13-2017, 04:06 AM   #5230
Puxlut
Monkey Stealer

Exp:

After having a rough weekend at Commonwealth Lifesaving Championships (dq'd in my best event, dropped a 2 litre water bottle on my ankle, missing a bronze medal by a few points in the resuscitation competition, my victim disqualifying me in line throw...) my relay getting a bronze medal in the Medley relay RMMH. Being able to stand on that podium holding our flag, as the oldest female competitor was seriously the most amazing moment I've had in my life (up there with the birth of my daughter). I bawled like a baby when the scoreboard showed us coming in behind the Aussies and South Afticans
Our race:

Last edited by Puxlut; 08-16-2017 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Fix the pic
Puxlut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 11:41 AM   #5231
Frankster
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

WMMRH is getting back to running after the brain tumour and stroke including having to learn how to walk again! To increase the happiness is I'm only about 2min/km slower than I was in 2011!
Frankster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 11:44 AM   #5232
sec304
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankster View Post
WMMRH is getting back to running after the brain tumour and stroke including having to learn how to walk again! To increase the happiness is I'm only about 2min/km slower than I was in 2011!
That's amazing!
sec304 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sec304 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2017, 06:34 PM   #5233
jeffporfirio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Just finished a 7 day cruise with the wife and kids and Iggy and his family got seated 2 tables away from us. He was super kind, even after we asked for autographs and pictures. It made my oldest son's day (week/month).
It made me really happy.
jeffporfirio is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jeffporfirio For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2017, 05:20 AM   #5234
FireGilbert
First Line Centre

Exp:

I just learned that typing "Convert Dollarydoos into Canadian dollars" into google will automatically give you the Aussie to Canadian exchange rate. Awesome!
Old 08-15-2017, 10:26 AM   #5235
Locke
ness Monster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
I just learned that typing "Convert Dollarydoos into Canadian dollars" into google will automatically give you the Aussie to Canadian exchange rate. Awesome!
Dollarydoos. Classic.
Old 08-16-2017, 07:37 PM   #5236
Hockey_Ninja

Exp:

I'm happy to say that I have a date coming up. And I did it by being my goofy, smooth blackman self I didn't let the depression from my last heartbreak get me down here like it did with that other girl I cancelled on. I feel this is the first step that I need to help improve my mental health.
Hockey_Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Hockey_Ninja For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2017, 03:08 PM   #5237
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

Here you go Calgary. The new monument in Dieppe this year for Calgary Tank. Just arrived today for the 75th anniversary. This is just down the way from the Essex Scottish Memorial (my Dad), it's beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bigtmac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 07:10 AM   #5238
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I bought a case of Pilsner beer and it came with sweet coasters, stickers, and best of all, a roll of Pilsner bunny duct tape.
Old 08-18-2017, 07:12 AM   #5239
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I bought a case of Pilsner beer and it came with sweet coasters, stickers, and best of all, a roll of Pilsner bunny duct tape.
There is instructions in there on how to make a beer koozie in there.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 07:17 AM   #5240
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Huh, I didn't get the instructions, but already have a foam Pil koozie, so I think I'll be saving this tape for something special.

Back when I could drink real beer, I was a big Pil fan...had a wall of it back in rez.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post: