Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2024, 12:51 PM   #541
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourque's Twin View Post
The only forwards that the Flames would possibly take ahead of Tij are Celebrini, Demidov, Lindstrom, and Catton. I don’t see the Flames taking Helenius or Eiserman ahead of him. There’s not enough of a skill gap and Eiserman is too much like Coronato.

Unless we win the lottery, it’s certain that Celebrini and Demidov are gone. I can’t see Catton getting past the top 8. He’s too good. Lindstrom probably won’t either as he’s 6’4 and a C. So the Flames most likely have the choice among Tij, Helenius, Eiserman, or one of the D. I hope they don’t choose one of the D unless it’s Parekh who falls. I’d rather have Tij over Buium.
Ii would take Parekh, Buium, and Hage who I think is really getting underrated over Iginla.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2024, 12:58 PM   #542
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
Ii would take Parekh, Buium, and Hage who I think is really getting underrated over Iginla.
To be fair, Hage is ranked between 19th and 42nd by the the major scouting sources.

Don't think he's being underrated, but probably overrated by being included in the conversation at 8th-10th overall.

He'd be worth looking at with the Canucks pick though since it in all likelihood will be the 25th pick.

I'd agree about Buium and maybe Parekh though. Those guys look like big time talents.
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TrentCrimmIndependent For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2024, 01:49 PM   #543
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentCrimmIndependent View Post
To be fair, Hage is ranked between 19th and 42nd by the the major scouting sources.

Don't think he's being underrated, but probably overrated by being included in the conversation at 8th-10th overall.

He'd be worth looking at with the Canucks pick though since it in all likelihood will be the 25th pick.

I'd agree about Buium and maybe Parekh though. Those guys look like big time talents.
Wheeler has him 14 in his latest rankings and rising. Hage won't make it past 15 I would bet, he is a great package.
Old 04-01-2024, 01:56 PM   #544
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Wheeler has him 14 in his latest rankings and rising. Hage won't make it past 15 I would bet, he is a great package.
His stock is/should rise because of his torrid pace late in the season.
The Following User Says Thank You to TrentCrimmIndependent For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2024, 04:19 PM   #545
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentCrimmIndependent View Post
His stock is/should rise because of his torrid pace late in the season.
Which I think represents his game better then the beginning when he was still grieving for his dad.
The Following User Says Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2024, 05:44 PM   #546
Aarongavey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Parekh has 4 assists on 9 goals that his team has scored with a goalie in the net in the first two games of the playoffs. Don’t know enough about him as I don’t see the Western Conference much out here but those are crazy numbers (along with the regular season). I would have no problem taking an elite offensive talent on the backend and hoping you can teach him how to play defence.
Aarongavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 05:53 PM   #547
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Parekh is who Brz came runner up to in OHL d-man scoring.

Netted 33 goals and 96 points in 66 games.

Also 21 goals in his ohl rookie season to show that year's scoring wasn't a flash iñ the pan. He has a gift for finding the net.

Apparently an academically gifted kid as well.