Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2019, 01:37 PM   #1941
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

I always get a kick out of seeing people (i.e.: on Reddit) spend months whining about something, such as the $80 cost of Link's Awakening, only to have Nintendo turn around and announce they sold 3.13 million copies in the first ten days of release. That's already the second highest total of any Zelda remake or release.

All the people pretending they are going to boycott Pokemon over the pokedex issue are going to find themselves similarly disappointed three months from now.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 02:11 PM   #1942
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Swinging in to say Luigi’s Mansion 3 is excellent! Might be the best looking game on the Switch, absolutely loving it so far.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2019, 02:42 PM   #1943
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Swinging in to say Luigi’s Mansion 3 is excellent! Might be the best looking game on the Switch, absolutely loving it so far.
Played the intro last night, and yeah - I'm in love with this game.
ComixZone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:15 PM   #1944
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

It’s also been great co-op with my kid — he’s only 4 so he does Gooigi. Loves wandering around finding money and destroying the environment, then dives in to the backpack and lets me fight the ghosts when the time comes.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:39 AM   #1945
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Has anyone picked up a Switch Lite? I can't remember the last time I played in dock mode so I'm very tempted to sell my launch Switch and go to the more portable version. Looking for some insight here.
bax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 12:10 PM   #1946
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
It’s also been great co-op with my kid — he’s only 4 so he does Gooigi. Loves wandering around finding money and destroying the environment, then dives in to the backpack and lets me fight the ghosts when the time comes.
Would you say Gooigi is similar to how cappy worked in Super Mario Odyssey? My wife really enjoyed playing as cappy and we had a great time playing together in Odyssey, so if Gooigi is anything similar, I think we could have another great game to play together.
Old 11-01-2019, 03:53 PM   #1947
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bax View Post
Has anyone picked up a Switch Lite? I can't remember the last time I played in dock mode so I'm very tempted to sell my launch Switch and go to the more portable version. Looking for some insight here.
I'd suggest watching Digital Foundry's video on youtube comparing the original, new and lite Switch versions against each other. I think you'll find that the Switch Lite is exactly what you'd like and the screen seems really good.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mazrim For This Useful Post:
bax
Old 11-01-2019, 04:29 PM   #1948
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkajz44 View Post
Would you say Gooigi is similar to how cappy worked in Super Mario Odyssey? My wife really enjoyed playing as cappy and we had a great time playing together in Odyssey, so if Gooigi is anything similar, I think we could have another great game to play together.
A bit different, I would say the Gooigi player is a lot more involved in the gameplay. There’s certain areas only Gooigi can go in to, this certain fights are totally on the Gooigi person to win by themselves. Definitely need a bit more gaming confidence than Cappy play in Odyssey.
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2019, 06:26 PM   #1949
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pokemon sword and shield pokedex was leaked I guess and alot of pokemon got cut bulbasaur squirtle and dragonite among alot of others wont be in the game I guess
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 06:43 PM   #1950
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Pokemon sword and shield pokedex was leaked I guess and alot of pokemon got cut bulbasaur squirtle and dragonite among alot of others wont be in the game I guess
Were you planning on bringing them over from other games? That's usually the way most of the old Pokemon even show up in the game at all. This is also why the National Dex outcry is silly - 99% of people never bring over old Pokemon.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 06:56 PM   #1951
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would have brought bulbasaur and dragonite they are my favorite but I'm not outraged about it like alot of people mostly because I only know the gen 1 pokemon
Old 11-10-2019, 08:57 AM   #1952
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
Were you planning on bringing them over from other games? That's usually the way most of the old Pokemon even show up in the game at all. This is also why the National Dex outcry is silly - 99% of people never bring over old Pokemon.
I'd disagree that 99% of people don't bring old Pokemon over. Me and my wife will for sure. You'll also be able to transfer them over from Pokemon Go so a lot of people will be doing that. I think most people will want to bring shinies from PoGo to the full game

I'm not going to be outraged like a lot of people online, but it Is crazy to me they would cut more than half the Pokemon out of the game. It's the first full Pokemon game on a home system and its the first time they've ever taken any out of the game, just seems odd

If it didn't leak they were never going to say anything about it until release either, which seems scummy
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wood For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2019, 06:24 PM   #1953
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

Does anyone remember playing monster rancher they will be releasing it on the switch in Japan only on dec 17 I believe it will be called by it's original name monster farm. Apparently there is a way to get it from the nintendo store when it comes out you will have to create a new user account and say you are in japan when it asks for your country I have done it in anticipation to see if it will work and it does pull up exclusive japanese only games so I am pretty stoked to buy it although I'm not sure the price everything is in yen lol
Old 11-12-2019, 01:11 PM   #1954
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

I think it's around 850 Yen = $10. And yes, you just create an account that is tied to the Japanese region/store, and you can buy their games. Then switch back to your own account. Keep in mind though that you lose things like saved up Nintendo coins when you switch stores.

Anyway, I burned some gift cards on Ring Fit Adventure. It's actually rather fun, and it makes for a surprisingly good workout! Not a big fan of a bodybuilding dragon literally flexing on me though...
The Following User Says Thank You to Resolute 14 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2019, 12:21 PM   #1955
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Some gamers are truly pathetic: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...rd-and-shield/
Old 11-13-2019, 12:35 PM   #1956
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
What's even more amazing is that there are 68 people in the states just as dumb as the person who made the petition
Old 11-13-2019, 01:04 PM   #1957
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

nm

Last edited by Ashasx; 11-13-2019 at 01:09 PM.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 01:17 PM   #1958
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
What's even more amazing is that there are 68 people in the states just as dumb as the person who made the petition
Ok... hyperbole aside... is it really that amazing? In the US?
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 01:58 PM   #1959
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanIn80 View Post
Ok... hyperbole aside... is it really that amazing? In the US?
No it really isn't anymore actually I was expecting alot more
Old 11-13-2019, 04:23 PM   #1960
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Up to 109 now - personally with how much it was floating around the Internet I'm surprised it's not up to 1000 by now.

I guess it's because it was being shared mostly by people mocking/shaming it.

Does make me laugh how much entitlement there is to this Pokemon game, especially one that nobody is forcing them to buy.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote