Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-21-2018, 08:51 AM   #341
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wish they would show more jury stuff in recent weeks. Maybe it was just boring, but there was a lot of unexciting fillers on the show lately as well.

Based on that segment I would say that, at least if JC takes Tyler, Tyler would win.

Tyler: Angela, KC, Brett, Scottie and Hayleigh
JC: Rockstar

Faysal had a good relationship with JC in the house, but will probably vote who Hayleigh wants him to. But I also suspect there's a good chance he accidentally finds a Josh key from last season and puts that one in.

Sure, Bayleigh exploded blood against Tyler. But Bayleigh did not get along with JC in the house. Any tension left over from the "N-Word" incident could easily have her vote against JC regardless of who he was up against.

Sam is bitter with Tyler. But I think does have the opportunity to listen to his answers, and a heart-filled apology and explanation could sway her.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2018, 09:22 AM   #342
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also like Fessy calling out Bayleigh on the couch.

You had Bayleigh, who told the otherside of the house her power and never used it, and Rockstar, who gave Tyler the answer to the veto that saved him. Glad he didn't take the mocking, cause they were all equally stupid.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2018, 10:34 AM   #343
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

If the jury votes with emotion rather than looking at the game strategically that further lowers Tyler's chances. Haleigh seems to understand how much influence Tyler has but some of the others can't get past their own pettiness

I never, ever would have thought JC would make it this far.

Sunday's episode will be a boring recap where they all sit around the table and read scripted lines
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 12:14 PM   #344
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
I wish they would show more jury stuff in recent weeks. Maybe it was just boring, but there was a lot of unexciting fillers on the show lately as well.

Based on that segment I would say that, at least if JC takes Tyler, Tyler would win.

Tyler: Angela, KC, Brett, Scottie and Hayleigh
JC: Rockstar

Faysal had a good relationship with JC in the house, but will probably vote who Hayleigh wants him to. But I also suspect there's a good chance he accidentally finds a Josh key from last season and puts that one in.

Sure, Bayleigh exploded blood against Tyler. But Bayleigh did not get along with JC in the house. Any tension left over from the "N-Word" incident could easily have her vote against JC regardless of who he was up against.

Sam is bitter with Tyler. But I think does have the opportunity to listen to his answers, and a heart-filled apology and explanation could sway her.
Problem is it's not likely JC win's two or three straight competitions against Tyler and Kaycee. If Kaycee wins I feel she follows through and takes Tyler. If Tyler wins and doesn't take Kaycee she's going to be pretty sour on him and I wouldn't bank on that vote. Maybe we will get a better indication when Will does the annual jury house interview to see where they are leaning.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 02:07 PM   #345
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

I think it depends on whether or not they value Tyler being in charge and scheming with every houseguest or view him as a backstabbing liar.

I think he deserves to lose. He lies and schemes now even when he doesn't have to. Maybe doesn't deserve to lose to JC but definitely to KC.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 08:51 PM   #346
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

What? What?

Swaggy proposed? What the actual ####?

Stole the show. Who cares who won?
Old 09-26-2018, 09:15 PM   #347
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Stole the show. Who cares who won?
Me.

Two of the biggest fame whoring narcissistic people getting engaged to make a spectacle after knowing each other for literally three weeks. Ugh. I couldn't stop physically cringing.

Scottie sucks, I hate bitter superfans. Knew Tyler played the best game, but didn't vote for him because he's a baby.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2018, 09:34 PM   #348
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Swaggy, always trying so hard to steal the spotlight. He just had to wear one of his swaggy t-shirts.

KC played a great game overall and deserved to win. Tyler played well too but didn't deal well with a bitter jury
Old 09-26-2018, 10:26 PM   #349
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

LOL. How long did these people know each other before they got married?

Kaycee is a good winner but Tyler did play the best game

Great season overall, one of the best in recent memory
savardandjokinen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 11:20 PM   #350
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savardandjokinen View Post
LOL. How long did these people know each other before they got married?
23 days. Plus Swaggy would have watched her on feeds for another couple weeks...because that's normal.
Old 09-27-2018, 10:28 AM   #351
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savardandjokinen View Post
Great season overall, one of the best in recent memory
Respectfully disagree. Started off well. Really well, then just burned out. The last half of the season was a major snooze fest up to, and including, the finale. Only highlight of the night was Haleighs dress.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GoinAllTheWay For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2018, 10:45 AM   #352
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
Respectfully disagree. Started off well. Really well, then just burned out. The last half of the season was a major snooze fest up to, and including, the finale. Only highlight of the night was Haleighs dress.
Yeah when the most interesting thing in the last third of the season is two of my most hated HGs of all time getting engaged you know there's a problem.

I don't even blame production on this one. It was just HGs making bad decisions.

I can't remember the last time I cared so little about who won. KC was a comp beast but otherwise one of the least entertaining players in recent memory. She did nothing interesting the entire 3 months. Tyler told a bunch of unnecessary lies and let his game get off track but at least he was trying to play BB. I guess on the plus side is that I don't mind either KC or Tyler. They both seem like good people.

The finale as a whole was kind of disappointing. Not nearly enough jury interview time. Way too much time on useless crap and then the entire question period and key ceremony in about 5 minutes. Both KC and Tyler gave terrible responses to almost all the questions. It's like they gave a bunch of bad, rushed speeches instead of responding to the questions. Even Julie noticed and tried to nudge them to stop giving blanket speeches and answer the specific questions. Once again the dominant player fails to own up to his mistakes and loses because of it. I wish I had a solution but unfortunately supporting status quo seems to always win out.

Strategy for all HGs should be to avoid HOH, win veto, never use veto, always vote with the house but never initiate any action or evictions.

I would have been much happier if it was JC and Angela as F2. He's a maniac and was constantly scheming and she was full on ruthless the 2nd half of the season.

Overall not a bad cast except Sam. I may not have liked Bay, Kaitlyn, R* or Swaggy but damn they provided entertainment.

Interested to see who is on Celeb BB. It was a short season but probably the most satisfying and entertaining season beginning to end for quite a few years.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2018, 10:57 AM   #353
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Agreed.

I really didn't care who won either but still feel like the wrong person won IMO. I kinda felt like JC should win. If for no other reason than I feel like the poor guy could use a win in his life. I felt so bad for that guy when, near the end, the HG were getting taped messages from family and his was from a friend, no family. You could tell that really hurt him. Felt bad for him in a big way.

Kaycee was a good winner too I guess but felt like Tyler was really playing the game. May have gotten carried away a few times but that guy was walking a thin line that could have really blown up in his face but it never really happened.

I remember KC mentioning one time her mother never really supported her coming out. I got the feeling that's been a strained relationship. Yet her mom comes running up on stage arms wide open beaming with pride. Hope that's not just because KC is $500k richer.

At the end of the day, I really do think the winner was picked by a bitter jury.

Last edited by GoinAllTheWay; 09-27-2018 at 10:59 AM.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 12:13 PM   #354
alan21
Don't click that link!

Exp:

Haleigh cleans up nice.
Fessy the real winner here.
alan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to alan21 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2018, 12:19 PM   #355
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Speaking of couples, I can't believe Jess and Cody are still together. Won TAR, got married (or are about to get married?), just announced they're expecting.

I would've pegged them for immediate post BB break up. Just like I'm predicting for Bay/Dbag and Fess/Hay. Tyler and Angela might have a chance. Especially since I think they live close to each other.
Old 09-27-2018, 02:19 PM   #356
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Agreed.

I really didn't care who won either but still feel like the wrong person won IMO. I kinda felt like JC should win. If for no other reason than I feel like the poor guy could use a win in his life. I felt so bad for that guy when, near the end, the HG were getting taped messages from family and his was from a friend, no family. You could tell that really hurt him. Felt bad for him in a big way.

Kaycee was a good winner too I guess but felt like Tyler was really playing the game. May have gotten carried away a few times but that guy was walking a thin line that could have really blown up in his face but it never really happened.

I remember KC mentioning one time her mother never really supported her coming out. I got the feeling that's been a strained relationship. Yet her mom comes running up on stage arms wide open beaming with pride. Hope that's not just because KC is $500k richer.

At the end of the day, I really do think the winner was picked by a bitter jury.
Tale of two strategies.

Kaycee managed to take herself out of elimination for 8 of the possible 16 evictions, and in the process, didn't have to hurt anyone's feelings or engender any bitterness.

Tyler, while engineering more of the who went home strategy for self-preservation, eventually had to deal with the ramifications of doing that.

I think the final vote reflected that both of them had solid strategies for winning and it really could've gone either way.

Definitely don't think Kaycee was any less deserving of being there at the end and eventually winning than if Tyler had won. Tyler made a critical error bringing her to the end.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flash Walken For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2018, 03:01 PM   #357
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kaycee's answer was perfect in that tiebreaker, incredibly impressive.

Was pretty sure Kaycee would beat both Tyler and JC at the end, but final vote was much closer than I thought it would be. Thought Tyler would only get 2 votes at most.

Kaycee's game was perfect for the way BB is played now and how the jury format is today. I think Tyler wins easily if he played 10 years ago with the old jury format and had more time to explain his answers. The fact that Tyler stayed safe at Final 3 and Final 4 because of Kaycee's wins I think also played a factor.

What a great season. It's somewhere in the top 5 seasons overall for me and definitely the best modern season since BB10. BB11-BB19 were all pretty meh to bad, except for maybe BB17 and 14.

Quote:
Brett's blindside, JC's unexpected HoH win, Part 3 of the HoH, and the close vote tonight made the endgame a lot better than I thought it would.

Every season has at least a few boring weeks, but the boring stretches this season were nothing compared to the last few seasons.

Last edited by mile; 09-27-2018 at 03:03 PM.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mile For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2018, 05:59 PM   #358
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

In some ways the finale was basically a spin off of the bachelor, way too much emphasis on the showmances and waaaaaay too much airtime for the Chris proposal
The Following User Says Thank You to Calgary14 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2018, 07:39 AM   #359
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

The finale felt pretty rushed to me. I don't recall so many answers during the question period being cut short. Another season where the best player doesn't win. Don't get me wrong Kaycee was a good player but she did absolutely nothing in the first half of the game. Didn't win a competition and just sat in the back of level 6. Tyler from day one was making deals and making moves to influence evictions. Without his work in the first half of the game Kaycee would never have been in the final two chair in the first place. He still almost won despite foutte voting out of spite but Sam's vote ultimately decided Tyler's fate. I think he should have been more transparent with her in the end.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:42 AM   #360
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary14 View Post
In some ways the finale was basically a spin off of the bachelor, way too much emphasis on the showmances and waaaaaay too much airtime for the Chris proposal
Well to be honest a couple has a better chance of forming a long term relationship out of Big Brother than the bachelor. These people are spending full days, weeks, months together and you learn a lot more about each other than just dating or playing the bachelor game of continuously rotating through partners and eliminating them one by one.