Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-26-2020, 02:47 PM   #21
Snuffleupagus
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm not holding my breath but hoping for a two week golf trip to Cape Breton in August, I really want to try the two new Cabot tracks, Bell Bay and of course old faithful Highland Links
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 06:11 PM   #22
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Going to the Drumcode Music Festival in Malta at the end of September with a bunch of friends. Hopefully it's safe to trek out then, I'm optimistic!
Muta is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2020, 06:34 PM   #23
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm flying to Singapore as soon as I'm allowed to get one last taste of the food from all the hawker stalls before they disappear.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to activeStick For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2020, 09:34 PM   #24
RichieRich
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Travels in 2021 not only depend upon COVID status wherever, but also personal finances and ability to find agreeable accommodations and things to do. Whilst I'd love to say some travel to Mexico or USA is in the cards, at this point we might get as far as camping within a few hours drive of Calgary.
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 12:41 AM   #25
woob
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'd like to take my partner out to Point no Point again; send the kids off to grammas and kick off for a few days. And I'd like to travel for work again and see the people at our other office, but I'm not sure if International travel will be in the cards for 2021. Also looking forward to a bunch of camping.
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 11:30 PM   #26
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

We're sitting on 2 years of travel budgets and I'm cheap, but I think we'll finally go to Hawaii. Neither my wife or I have ever been and I think by October we should be good to go.
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Street Pharmacist For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2020, 09:20 AM   #27
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

We're expecting a baby girl in April and are hoping to be able to take her to visit her great grandparents in Saskatchewan in June, July or August.
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to malcolmk14 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2020, 03:36 PM   #28
RichieRich
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Pharmacist View Post
We're sitting on 2 years of travel budgets and I'm cheap, but I think we'll finally go to Hawaii. Neither my wife or I have ever been and I think by October we should be good to go.
If you're "thrifty" (I prefer that word to "cheap"), there's only so much you can do for a trip to Hawaii. If you know anyone with a timeshare they might be open to trading it and "gifting" it to you (or at their cost plus some extra for the trouble). Also if you go in a low-season I've heard other condos, airbnb, and other rental-type places can have exceptional deals.
Look for coupons/deals/promotions, including vehicle rentals.
Avoid the goofy tourist traps stuff, but perhaps a little is ok such as a Lua.
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RichieRich For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2020, 03:46 PM   #29
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Really pushing to go back to Japan but I promised my partner we would do Mexico City and Oaxaca next, so probably those places.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 04:05 PM   #30
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Really pushing to go back to Japan but I promised my partner we would do Mexico City and Oaxaca next, so probably those places.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 04:30 PM   #31
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post
If you're "thrifty" (I prefer that word to "cheap"), there's only so much you can do for a trip to Hawaii. If you know anyone with a timeshare they might be open to trading it and "gifting" it to you (or at their cost plus some extra for the trouble). Also if you go in a low-season I've heard other condos, airbnb, and other rental-type places can have exceptional deals.
Look for coupons/deals/promotions, including vehicle rentals.
Avoid the goofy tourist traps stuff, but perhaps a little is ok such as a Lua.
I've been extremely fortunate to have not suffered much of a drop in income during the pandemic and our expenses went waaaaaaaayyyyyy down, plus a budget for a couple trips at6 didn't take, so I think we'll splurge a bit
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 04:44 PM   #32
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

My dad and I are trying to hit every Major League baseball stadium in America. This year was going to be the Texas trip, so I imagine this summer if we are able we’ll do Dallas and Houston.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 05:29 PM   #33
flamesfan1297
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'd really love to get to Vegas. I've never been and wanted to go this year. Probably will go out to BC Atleast once and maybe Toronto

Halloween candy is horrifying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
"Putting nets on puck."

- Ferland 2016
flamesfan1297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 05:40 PM   #34
redforever
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12 View Post

If you wait until the middle of Feb of 2022, COVID should hopefully be settled by then, and you could then visit the butterfly sanctuaries that are very close to Mexico City, about an hour NW. The butterflies start to get active then as they are getting ready for their journey back to US and Canada.

Then do Mexico City, Cholula, Puebla, etc as you make your way down to Oaxaca. Plan on at least 10 to 14 days.
redforever is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to redforever For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2020, 06:44 PM   #35
cupofjoe
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by redforever View Post
If you wait until the middle of Feb of 2022, COVID should hopefully be settled by then, and you could then visit the butterfly sanctuaries that are very close to Mexico City, about an hour NW. The butterflies start to get active then as they are getting ready for their journey back to US and Canada.

Then do Mexico City, Cholula, Puebla, etc as you make your way down to Oaxaca. Plan on at least 10 to 14 days.
+1

Mrs Cup and myself made circle tour of Mexico City --> Puebla --> Oaxaca --> Mexico City. We did by bus and it was quite comfortable. There is a direct bus from Mexico City Airport to downtown Puebla.

All the cities were amazing.
cupofjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cupofjoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2020, 07:47 AM   #36
redforever
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12 View Post

If you do go in February, make sure to be in Oaxaca for Valentine Day. Everyone gathers in the Zocala (main square) and there is music of every kind, dancing in the streets, colorful balloons, all the mole you could wish for...so festive and such a happy occasion.

https://casita-colibri.blog/tag/candy/
redforever is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redforever For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2020, 09:27 AM   #37
VladtheImpaler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Got a Caribbean cruise booked for December (have to use credits by end of 2021), and hoping to hit LV in March or so. Hopefully, can visit the relatives during the summer, assuming the old people get their vaccines.

Please check out http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...94#post3726494

VladtheImpaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 09:40 AM   #38
Frankster
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'd love to get out to Kelowna this summer to visit my grandparents and maybe come home through the Carowsnest to visit my aunt and uncle in Kimberley.

This was supposed to be the year to go visit my in-laws in England, but I'm thinking that's going to have to wait until 2022 at this point
Frankster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 01:21 PM   #39
brocoli
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I won't be travelling in 2021 but once I'm vaccinated I have a trip planned for 2022 to visit my brother in London and go back around Europe. It will be 3 years by that point for him seeing any family.
brocoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 01:53 PM   #40
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

We cancelled a big 10 yr anniversary/50th birthday trip to Europe back in April, so I am sitting on a bunch of airfare/train/hotel credits expiring over the next 16 months. Would really like to get at least some of that trip done in Q3 this year if vaccines etc. allow. Mostly France & Belgium, which are not looking too good right now. If 2021 doesn't pan out, we will pivot to taking the kids to Italy etc in Q2 2022 since they will both be in university by then and we can go before things get busy for the summer.

If we can't get anywhere else this year, might try to head out to the Sooke area again this summer. Was pretty chill and easy to isolate last time we went.
InglewoodFan is offline   Reply With Quote