Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-12-2021, 05:42 PM   #541
Jiri Hrdina

Exp:

I love hearing CP members getting the vaccine or their loved ones getting it!
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2021, 06:00 PM   #542
pria(kin)16
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

My wife (front line healthcare in Toronto) and dad (85 in seniors living in Calgary) are both getting vaccinated tomorrow, feels like a bit of light at the end of the tunnel...

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
pria(kin)16 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to pria(kin)16 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2021, 06:26 PM   #543
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
Same dose, and it's worth remembering that side effects are more common after the 2nd dose than the 1st.
which is a good thing
looooob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to looooob For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2021, 06:29 PM   #544
Tron_fdc
Has My Daddy Syndrome

Exp:

My 72 yr old mom (who has MS and mild dimentia, lives in a care facility) gets hers tomorrow.

She's pretty pumped. She's been sitting inside doing crosswords for the last 9 months.
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Tron_fdc For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2021, 06:39 PM   #545
Julio
First Line Centre

Exp:

Interesting map from Trevor Tombe, who is becoming my go to on vaccine numbers, the same as Robson Fletcher is for the infection and hospitalization numbers.

https://twitter.com/trevortombe/stat...086720/photo/1
The Following User Says Thank You to Julio For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2021, 06:49 PM   #546
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

with BC's late data dump this evening of 2300 doses, we are now officially at >1% of Canadians with their first jab. (the good news I suppose is if we suggested that a few months ago that might have seemed like a minor miracle)

unfortunately of course that took almost exactly a month, a pace that is pedestrian at best. However Quebec, BC and Alberta have each administered 86-88% of their vaccine on hand, each likely has a day of supply left, the country as a whole is over 70%. This week though I think there is both Pfizer and Moderna coming (totally doses around 380K?? which is pretty similar to what has gone into people's arms so far)

(the current rolling 7 day average for Canada is 33 000 doses/day)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to looooob For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2021, 06:56 PM   #547
PaperBagger'14
First Line Centre

Exp:

For all the people getting vaccinated, is the government changing any restrictions for them? My assumption is no but does anyone know first hand?
PaperBagger'14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 07:11 PM   #548
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBagger'14 View Post
For all the people getting vaccinated, is the government changing any restrictions for them? My assumption is no but does anyone know first hand?
I haven't specifically asked but as best I can tell (and I know quite a few that have been) I would say no, and that is prudent at this point
The Following User Says Thank You to looooob For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2021, 07:18 PM   #549
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBagger'14 View Post
Just that they now have to ensure that the comply with CRTC regulations as they have 5G now.

J/K J/K

I donít expect that anything will ever be different for a long time even for the early adopters. 1. They still need their second dose. 2. It takes awhile for any protection. 3. They could still spread it but not be sick.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Barnes For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2021, 07:43 PM   #550
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

My sister requested to be unblinded from the Oxford COVID-19 Vaccine trial yesterday.

She had been given two doses of Meningitis ACWY!

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 07:45 PM   #551
Jiri Hrdina

Exp:

Is that good?
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2021, 07:46 PM   #552
cal_guy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
Is that good?
It means she was given the placebo which was an Meningitis vaccine.
cal_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cal_guy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2021, 08:44 PM   #553
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Alberta vaccinated 5500 yesterday which is a new high.

In February combined Alberta doses of Moderna and Pfizer are 226k. So thatís 8800 per day. So the ramp up to 10k per capacity for February is going well.

Over the next 3 weeks we get 90,000 doses so thatís 4200 doses per day to use the supply which we are well ahead of.

Prediction: Since Moderna doses arrive every 2-3 weeks and we one this week and we get are largest Pfizer shipment this week we will be getting 41k doses this week. Expect to here complaints that we arenít keeping deliveries when we are only injecting 4500 per day even though that pace allows us to nicely slide into the February ramp up.

Federal delivery schedule - As of the 12th we havenít received this weeks doses.
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...e-rollout.html
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2021, 08:58 PM   #554
opendoor
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Some mixed news about the Johnson & Johnson vaccine today. In good news, they anticipate applying for approval to the FDA by the end of the month. In not so good news, the supply seems to be quite tight to start, which is odd given that they are anticipating 1B doses produced annually. According to the US, they expect "single digit million" doses in the 2nd half of February, a larger number in March, and then finally significant supply starting in April. That sort of matches what the EU said as well, where they're not expecting anything until April and even then, only about 50M of their 200M dose order in all of Q2. So that one likely won't be arriving in Canada before April, though it is a single dose regimen so it goes twice as far per dose vs the others.
opendoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 09:37 PM   #555
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
But Ottawa has put more emphasis on commercial sensitivity than on being frank with Canadians about vaccine procurement and distribution.

That secrecy has rebounded on the government, creating the impression that Canada is a laggard when it comes to distribution.
https://ottawacitizen.com/opinion/jo...box=1610493172
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 10:06 PM   #556
BoLevi
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
Is that good?
Well she is quite well protected against meningitis. So she has that going for her.
BoLevi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BoLevi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2021, 10:42 PM   #557
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoLevi View Post
Well she is quite well protected against meningitis. So she has that going for her.
Which is nice.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 10:46 PM   #558
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Alberta vaccinated 5500 yesterday which is a new high.

In February combined Alberta doses of Moderna and Pfizer are 226k. So thatís 8800 per day. So the ramp up to 10k per capacity for February is going well.

Over the next 3 weeks we get 90,000 doses so thatís 4200 doses per day to use the supply which we are well ahead of.

Prediction: Since Moderna doses arrive every 2-3 weeks and we one this week and we get are largest Pfizer shipment this week we will be getting 41k doses this week. Expect to here complaints that we arenít keeping deliveries when we are only injecting 4500 per day even though that pace allows us to nicely slide into the February ramp up.

Federal delivery schedule - As of the 12th we havenít received this weeks doses.
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...e-rollout.html
I gather 23k Pfizer has arrived in Ab
Old 01-12-2021, 10:52 PM   #559
nickerjones
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoLevi View Post
Do they give the placebo arm the vaccines once they become unblinded? I think it would only be fair.
nickerjones is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nickerjones For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2021, 11:31 PM   #560
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
Some mixed news about the Johnson & Johnson vaccine today. In good news, they anticipate applying for approval to the FDA by the end of the month. In not so good news, the supply seems to be quite tight to start, which is odd given that they are anticipating 1B doses produced annually. According to the US, they expect "single digit million" doses in the 2nd half of February, a larger number in March, and then finally significant supply starting in April. That sort of matches what the EU said as well, where they're not expecting anything until April and even then, only about 50M of their 200M dose order in all of Q2. So that one likely won't be arriving in Canada before April, though it is a single dose regimen so it goes twice as far per dose vs the others.
Even if they start showing up in April, it will go a long way to help finish off some of the remote areas. Especially being a single dose makes it easier. Logistically it just seems easier to manage Pfizer in the bigger city centers.
Robbob is online now   Reply With Quote