Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-24-2020, 08:35 AM   #261
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Went to Safeway last night to get some chives and coffee cream, lineup to get in was out the door and around the store. F that.
WhiteTiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 10:32 AM   #262
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

Welp - reading through this thread and it seems like we're likely in for these current restrictions through January at least. I can't get over how selfish people are being with this, thinking their gathering is somehow "safe" and COVID won't bother them. Some people on my wife's side of the family are probably gathering and we just continue to ask them why they think they shouldn't follow the public health rules. Hopefully asking enough times why they are selfish dinks will prevent them from gathering.
Old 12-24-2020, 11:37 AM   #263
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Gatherings can be 100% safe if people have the opportunity and the resolve to do it. I'm guessing less than 5% are.

But I do not think it's fair to judge any that need some in person interaction. Just because 'we' can handle this doesn't mean everyone can.
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EldrickOnIce For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2020, 01:43 PM   #264
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkajz44 View Post
I can't get over how selfish people are being with this, thinking their gathering is somehow "safe" and COVID won't bother them.
It was only just a few weeks ago where people were whining about how their favorite gym, restaurant, hobby, orgy group event were being "punished" or "targeted" with these unreasonable restrictions.
chemgear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 04:23 PM   #265
Dynamic
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Well that was a bit concerning after getting back from the grocery store at the local shopping center. I knew today was going to be busier than most but with the amount of people out shopping today we will be seeing a uptick in cases come the new year. 15% capacity must still be a heck of a lot. Parking lots full. Reminded me of pre-covid times except everyone was wearing masks. This is small town north/central AB so I imagine the cities are worse.

My plan for the holidays are to make a little chicken/gravy/mashed potatoes supper tonight with the kids before they go to their moms. Christmas eve alone is going to be weird but I'll cope. Probably go for a nighttime run around town then come home and slam some beers. Wrap some presents without making it look like an abomination. Watch some Trailer Park Boys Xmas special then hit the sack and wait for the kids to come open presents tomorrow sometime.
Dynamic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dynamic For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2020, 05:04 PM   #266
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Safeway was picked clean - people with full carts. Looks like some big dinners being planned.
To be fair, instead of one big family dinner with my wife's family we are all sticking to our houses and each preparing our own Turkey dinners.

And I don't have to have my sister-in-law's gluten free dressing which tastes waaaaaay better than regular stuffing... Narrator: It does not
Buff is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Buff For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2020, 10:36 AM   #267
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nm
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 02:48 PM   #268
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

I've been pretty disappointed in my family the last couple days. I've been getting flack from various family members for not inviting my brother over today because he lives with a roommate ("oh, but it's just one roommate, you should have him over because it's Christmas!") My brother is fine with it, by the way. We just hung out online instead.

Then I find out my cousins are pretending their parents are "single" so they can both come over to visit the families (emphasis on the plural) for a Christmas gathering. And they wonder why I haven't seen them since February.
Mazrim is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mazrim For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2020, 03:01 PM   #269
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
I've been pretty disappointed in my family the last couple days. I've been getting flack from various family members for not inviting my brother over today because he lives with a roommate ("oh, but it's just one roommate, you should have him over because it's Christmas!") My brother is fine with it, by the way. We just hung out online instead.

Then I find out my cousins are pretending their parents are "single" so they can both come over to visit the families (emphasis on the plural) for a Christmas gathering. And they wonder why I haven't seen them since February.
I feel this. My sister and her boyfriend flew out from Calgary to stay with my parents here in Ontario. I’m so flabbergasted I don’t even know what to say.

Odd that during the “season of giving” we’re seeing so many displaying their selfishness.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 04:06 PM   #270
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
I feel this. My sister and her boyfriend flew out from Calgary to stay with my parents here in Ontario. I’m so flabbergasted I don’t even know what to say.

Odd that during the “season of giving” we’re seeing so many displaying their selfishness.
Let’s hope the season of “giving” doesn’t mean they’re giving the virus.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 04:09 PM   #271
Geraldsh
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

My bachelor son is here and dear wife is cooking like he brought everyone’s appetite with him. Good thing I like leftovers just as good as the original.
Geraldsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 06:15 PM   #272
wwkayaker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geraldsh View Post
My bachelor son is here and dear wife is cooking like he brought everyone’s appetite with him. Good thing I like leftovers just as good as the original.
I’m home alone and about to dig into the smallest turkey I could find...11lbs. Turkey soup, turkey sandwiches, turkey everything for the next week.
wwkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wwkayaker For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2020, 07:51 PM   #273
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

I hope everyone and their families had a Merry Christmas.

This year was just Mom and myself. Usually we have friends over and my brother flies home but with Covid it wasn't possible this year.

On the menu was prime rib with baked potatoes and veggies.

Dion
Old 12-25-2020, 07:52 PM   #274
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

I haven’t seen any extra cars for the houses on my street. Good work neighbours!

We did take out from Charcut for dinner, it was fantastic. Christmas dinner take out should be a thing every year.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2020, 08:23 PM   #275
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwkayaker View Post
I’m home alone and about to dig into the smallest turkey I could find...11lbs. Turkey soup, turkey sandwiches, turkey everything for the next week.
Thanks for gutting it out alone. It has to be hard.
You could definitely do worse than all that turkey

There are 3 of us.
We did prime rib this time, too soon since too many turkey days after American Thanksgiving. I will not regret any of the 10 sandwiches i make in the next week.
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EldrickOnIce For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2020, 08:45 PM   #276
Amethyst
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
I haven’t seen any extra cars for the houses on my street. Good work neighbours!

We did take out from Charcut for dinner, it was fantastic. Christmas dinner take out should be a thing every year.
I ordered from there too. Really good!! And lots of food...
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote