Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2021, 10:46 AM   #11021
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Let's also remember that Rasmus is a guy that turned his pro career around by getting serious about it. I know I had written him off at one point when there were a couple of years in a row with serious conditioning issues.

So is he a guy that I'll bet on turning things around based on his history and general attitude?
Damn right I do.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2021, 10:59 AM   #11022
iloveicedhockey
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkachukwagon View Post
More smoke around Nolan Patrick:

https://www.phillyvoice.com/nhl-trad...s-latest-news/

The article contains an assessment of Patrick in a thread from Bill Meltzer that is not exactly glowing:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1380544438842359821
The thread reads a little like Bennett.
Old 04-10-2021, 11:02 AM   #11023
Aarongavey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime View Post
That makes Andersson a high end 2nd paring. And I would think he would be second paring on nearly any team I the league.
64th makes him a low end top paring dman. Not a 2nd pairing guy. He is overpaid relative to other dmen in the league.
Old 04-10-2021, 11:02 AM   #11024
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
Let's also remember that Rasmus is a guy that turned his pro career around by getting serious about it. I know I had written him off at one point when there were a couple of years in a row with serious conditioning issues.

So is he a guy that I'll bet on turning things around based on his history and general attitude?
Damn right I do.
I agree.

I look at Mang and Andy as having that competitive edge that will help change the culture around this team. Dale Hawerchuk did some good work with them in Barrie.
The Following User Says Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2021, 11:04 AM   #11025
Aarongavey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yup. After many years of strong development and progression.
It's one bad season.
No reason to throw the baby out with the bath water.
I said he would be hard to get anything of value for in a trade. I do not think the Flames will trade him because of that and because Brad overvalues his players. But I doubt you are getting much value for a 4.55 million a year offensive dman who has never put up big offensive numbers and is average defensively.
Old 04-10-2021, 11:10 AM   #11026
aaronkarlpatton
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarongavey View Post
I said he would be hard to get anything of value for in a trade. I do not think the Flames will trade him because of that and because Brad overvalues his players. But I doubt you are getting much value for a 4.55 million a year offensive dman who has never put up big offensive numbers and is average defensively.
that may be true, but his offence is trending upward each year, so that's something
Old 04-10-2021, 11:27 AM   #11027
CF84
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
64th makes him a low end top paring dman. Not a 2nd pairing guy. He is overpaid relative to other dmen in the league.
Well, mathematically that would make him paid like the second best of all the second pairing defensemen in the NHL.
Old 04-10-2021, 11:32 AM   #11028
Fighting Banana Slug
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Lol. Andersson and his salary are not a problem for the Flames. He won’t be traded, not because he is untradable but because he is a core piece going forward. It hasn’t been a good year for sure, but he is a guy that will stay and will be protected for the expansion draft.
O.K. there has been a lot of talk on whether or not MacTavish has actually done a good job for us, most fans on this board are very basic in their analysis and I feel would change their opinion entirely if the team was successful.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fighting Banana Slug For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2021, 11:35 AM   #11029
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

At minimum. Like Bare minimum, Ryan And Rittich should be dealt at the deadline. I don't think either have a future in cgy beyond this year and even if they do they can sign back in the offseason.

I cannot fathom how the Flames are clinging to hope for the playoffs. I get it there's still a chance but there's also a chance I could hook up with Kate Beckinsale too. Aka no chance.
Old 04-10-2021, 11:37 AM   #11030
kyuss275
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
At minimum. Like Bare minimum, Ryan And Rittich should be dealt at the deadline. I don't think either have a future in cgy beyond this year and even if they do they can sign back in the offseason.

I cannot fathom how the Flames are clinging to hope for the playoffs. I get it there's still a chance but there's also a chance I could hook up with Kate Beckinsale too. Aka no chance.
Damm rights you got no chance at Beckinsale . She’s my girl. Stay away.
Old 04-10-2021, 11:38 AM   #11031
flambers
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
At minimum. Like Bare minimum, Ryan And Rittich should be dealt at the deadline.

Agreed if there is any interest at all, in terms of a late draft pick both players should be traded.

Flames could always resign them if the offseason

Especially with Ryan.
Old 04-10-2021, 11:39 AM   #11032
Tkachukwagon
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1380928327515566084

Hall at practice, but still being held out
Old 04-10-2021, 11:42 AM   #11033
Flamesfan05
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Banana Slug View Post
Lol. Andersson and his salary are not a problem for the Flames. He won’t be traded, not because he is untradable but because he is a core piece going forward. It hasn’t been a good year for sure, but he is a guy that will stay and will be protected for the expansion draft.
That’s because they don’t have much else not because he is any good
Old 04-10-2021, 11:44 AM   #11034
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I doubt they are even trying to move him so not sure why this is even a conversation. He's likely part of the core going forward given his age and position in the line-up.

So that's why the Flames are unlikely to trade him.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2021, 11:46 AM   #11035
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

What if nobody wants Rittich...cant make a team take him. I struggle to fine a playoff team with cap space that needs Rittich.
Old 04-10-2021, 12:11 PM   #11036
Fighting Banana Slug
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesfan05 View Post
That’s because they don’t have much else not because he is any good
Hmmm. I was expecting a “BT painted himself in a corner” response, but this is still on brand.
O.K. there has been a lot of talk on whether or not MacTavish has actually done a good job for us, most fans on this board are very basic in their analysis and I feel would change their opinion entirely if the team was successful.
Old 04-10-2021, 12:42 PM   #11037
Rick M.
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:

I’ll let Kate know you said hi!
Old 04-10-2021, 12:50 PM   #11038
genetic_phreek
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'd love to see us unload Gio to Boston. He gets a chance at a cup and have tons of space.
Old 04-10-2021, 12:51 PM   #11039
Aarongavey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I doubt they are even trying to move him so not sure why this is even a conversation. He's likely part of the core going forward given his age and position in the line-up.

Totally agree. That is likely an indicator of how far the Flames are from being elite, but I agree he is viewed as being part of our core. He is similar to other dman his age in terms of what their likely salary is going forward (Pionk, Theodore, Girard, Chychrun, Sergachev) for the next couple years or beyond in some cases. It is just the offensive production that is lacking compared to his peers.
Old 04-10-2021, 12:55 PM   #11040
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:

I would suggest Andersson is more of a core piece of this team moving forward than all but 3 other players.