Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-07-2020, 07:50 AM   #361
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Do you want a creepy ball with a camera and microphone to follow you around your home, watching everything you do? I know I do!
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 08:02 AM   #362
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

It did literally nothing of any value in that video. I was thinking, "well, at least it'll be a toy that keeps the dog entertained", but no, all it did for the dog was turn on the TV.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 09:12 AM   #363
TheyCallMeBruce
Likes Cartoons

Exp:

Is it using the dog to charge itself?? Welcome to 2020!
TheyCallMeBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 10:15 AM   #364
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
It did literally nothing of any value in that video. I was thinking, "well, at least it'll be a toy that keeps the dog entertained", but no, all it did for the dog was turn on the TV.
I love how the dog pulls the food onto the floor and then the Ballie summons a robotic vacuum to clean it up. Do these people own dogs? It's food. Our Bernese would have licked the floor clean before the vacuum cleaner even woke up from standby.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2020, 10:30 AM   #365
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

But what does it actually do that isn't better accomplished by the current smart home voice stuff? I don't want it to try to predict when I want the TV on or what channel I want it changed to, or when I want my lights on or my blinds raised. It's already perfectly simple to say "Alexa, turn on the TV to {SHOW}", or "Alexa, turn on the bedside lamp", even if you're allergic to flipping switches.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 10:34 AM   #366
TheyCallMeBruce
Likes Cartoons

Exp:

Quote:
But what does it actually do that isn't better accomplished by the current smart home voice stuff? I don't want it to try to predict when I want the TV on or what channel I want it changed to, or when I want my lights on or my blinds raised. It's already perfectly simple to say "Alexa, turn on the TV to {SHOW}", or "Alexa, turn on the bedside lamp", even if you're allergic to flipping switches.
I could see it randomly opening the front door at 2am in the morning to let the dog out. Now you have a freezing house and a missing dog, also possibly an invitation to have your home burglarized.
TheyCallMeBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheyCallMeBruce For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2020, 10:36 AM   #367
Scornfire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Nothing like a lil robot taking video of your haggard ass first thing in the morning. Can I buy 20?
Scornfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 10:41 AM   #368
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I feel like pretty much everything in Samsung's CES is destined to be incredibly niche and forward-looking, Ballie included. It's unlikely that the world is going to be taken by storm by what looks like a pair of bionic Depends or a motorized ball that constantly stalks you and beeps incomprehensibly like R2D2. But all that tech and all the lessons learned from engineering it will likely find its way over time into far more refined, less "WTAF is that" type of products.
Old 01-07-2020, 02:43 PM   #369
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

I like the tennis ball thing. I've been wanting a robot pet for a while since I think real animals are disgusting and smell bad.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 03:14 PM   #370
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
I like the tennis ball thing. I've been wanting a robot pet for a while since I think real animals are disgusting and smell bad.
I replaced the word 'pet' with 'kid' and 'animals' with 'children' and your sentence instantly became more relatable.
The Following User Says Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2020, 10:45 AM   #371
DFO
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Very cool but very expensive

https://9barista.com/
DFO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DFO For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2021, 08:47 AM   #372
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Handy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2021, 01:38 PM   #373
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

"Standing an impressive 19-inches tall and built from metal alloy parts, Robosen Robotics’ fully-programmable Optimus Prime walks in robot form, drives in vehicle mode, and converts automatically on command."

https://kotaku.com/hasbro-unveils-70...rob-1846650442

KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 02:32 PM   #374
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ya, but can it pee beer?

Old 04-09-2021, 02:54 PM   #375
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I believe eFoil is the board you meant to post, which is what Blea is a cheap knockoff of:

/thread.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2023, 11:10 AM   #376
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 09:47 AM   #377
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Great sales pitch, and great product.

I'm a hockey traditionalist for no particularly good reason. The classic cat eyes mask is kinda romantic for me, so this is a no from me dawg.

I acknowledge that grandfathering in the visor rule for players was a good idea. But I love the no visor look. It's so old school and so damn cool.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 10:13 AM   #378
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
I love that guy's pitch. That is great.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2023, 10:30 AM   #379
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
He should expand this concept to also make full face shields for forwards and defensemen. It would eliminate the problems of visors fogging up and the problem of players not being able to see well enough through full cages.

It would greatly increase player safety, while still providing a full view of a players face which should make the marketing departments and player endorsement people happy.

And if it works to improve player safety, then you could eliminate incidental contact high sticking penalties and also allow goals where the tip comes from above the crossbar, as those would no longer be dangerous plays. Obviously you would still need a penalty for a player taking a swing at another player's head with his stick or crosschecking them in the face, but situations like that almost never happen. Most high sticking penalties are more accident than intentional.
mikephoen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikephoen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2023, 11:10 AM   #380
greyshep
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikephoen View Post
He should expand this concept to also make full face shields for forwards and defensemen. It would eliminate the problems of visors fogging up and the problem of players not being able to see well enough through full cages.

It would greatly increase player safety, while still providing a full view of a players face which should make the marketing departments and player endorsement people happy.

And if it works to improve player safety, then you could eliminate incidental contact high sticking penalties and also allow goals where the tip comes from above the crossbar, as those would no longer be dangerous plays. Obviously you would still need a penalty for a player taking a swing at another player's head with his stick or crosschecking them in the face, but situations like that almost never happen. Most high sticking penalties are more accident than intentional.
Am I the only one who sees razor thin (sharp) wire here? Would we be introducing further unintended injury risk?
greyshep is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
badass , can't afford that , cool , must have