Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2019, 05:46 PM   #1241
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, should have done this ^
My trial only lasts until I head back south of the border next weekend so...
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 08:16 PM   #1242
longsuffering
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
All the late-30s/early 40s people I know go to the stores or buy online through the AlbertaCannabis.org website. The quality is terrific, the prices are just fine, the convenience is great and it's legal. I have no interest in breaking the law and like supporting this new legal way to purchase.
I had no idea you were such a law and order kinda guy!

I guess I'm an outlier. I'm north of 50s and I prefer MoMs. Better quality, better selection and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy cheaper (exponentially). The legal weed I've purchased has been $$$$$, dry, weak and unappealing to look at.

Once the legal market gets its act together on supply and pricing, I'll happily change my ways.
longsuffering is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to longsuffering For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2019, 08:47 PM   #1243
shogged
First Line Centre

Exp:

I’m sure we’ve all heard the saying “Cheap, fast, quality” pick 2 cause you can’t have all 3. Legalization has proven this theory incorrect because the black market is cheaper, quicker and of much higher quality lol

I do respect those of you supporting the legal system, but I can’t help but wonder if the CBD oil that doesn’t have any effect might just be that way because it’s crap.
shogged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 01:11 PM   #1244
Aleks
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
All the late-30s/early 40s people I know go to the stores or buy online through the AlbertaCannabis.org website. The quality is terrific, the prices are just fine, the convenience is great and it's legal. I have no interest in breaking the law and like supporting this new legal way to purchase.
The quality is terrible, the prices are terrible, the convenience is identical (Canada post to your door, guaranteed delivery), and I don't think there is any law stating the origin of the cannabis you're possessing must be from the gov't. The only people operating beside the law (I say that, because its a bureaucratic thing) are the MOMS themselves because of the unwillingness of the gov't to licence these operations that far preceeded legalization and remain in business. And frankly, I don't mind if they never do, because the prices are more reflective of actual than the inflated crap that the gov't sells. Cannabis is legal, nobody cares where you got it from, once you're in possession its apples to apples.
Old 01-24-2019, 01:14 PM   #1245
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
The quality is terrible, the prices are terrible, the convenience is identical (Canada post to your door, guaranteed delivery), and I don't think there is any law stating the origin of the cannabis you're possessing must be from the gov't. The only people operating beside the law (I say that, because its a bureaucratic thing) are the MOMS themselves because of the unwillingness of the gov't to licence these operations that far preceeded legalization and remain in business. And frankly, I don't mind if they never do, because the prices are more reflective of actual than the inflated crap that the gov't sells. Cannabis is legal, nobody cares where you got it from, once you're in possession its apples to apples.

Ya, there is. For starters, they haven't paid taxes on it...
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 01:20 PM   #1246
Aleks
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post

Ya, there is. For starters, they haven't paid taxes on it...

Please, tell me what gov't agency will be busting into your house to impossibly prove that cannabis you've placed in glass jars was purchased from anywhere other than an approved storefront. I mean, aside from the fact that it would look too good to have possibly been gov't stuff. Its not like the grey dispensaries and MOMS have outright refused to comply, the gov't isn't allowing them to, so who's fault is it? Sell ####ty product at absurd prices and wonder why the market still hasn't shifted
Old 01-24-2019, 01:24 PM   #1247
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well you don't need to get silly over it, you said you didn't think there was a law against it. There is. Sure, you can get around any law if you want, but ti doesn't mean it's legal becuase you hid from it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2019, 01:56 PM   #1248
DJones
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Well you don't need to get silly over it, you said you didn't think there was a law against it. There is. Sure, you can get around any law if you want, but ti doesn't mean it's legal becuase you hid from it.
You don't get in trouble for buying it, just for selling it.
DJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 01:57 PM   #1249
Tacopuck
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I switched from Terry (who had a great selection) to the legal market as soon as it became legal. Aleks is correct, that quality in the first 2 months was no where near the levels of I had become accustom to with Terry. That said particularly in the last month I've noticed the selection has drastically increased, the quality of bud has also drastically improved to terry levels. Legal still doesn't compare to Terry on the pricing side, but I do expect that to change as the supply chain ramps up.

I've also started to notice different levels of qualities between brands. Tweed for the most part has been garbage and overpriced. Aurora has been fine. The real stand outs to me are UP Cannabis and SYMBL, whose quality has been great and price only slight more expensive than terry ~10%.
Old 01-24-2019, 02:15 PM   #1250
Aleks
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJones View Post
You don't get in trouble for buying it, just for selling it.

This is what I was getting at and posted in the original but I think I wasn't clear enough thanks
Old 01-24-2019, 02:17 PM   #1251
Aleks
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

Not being silly. I'm dutch, we are blunt, thats often misconstrued. Apologies if I offended you
Old 01-24-2019, 02:24 PM   #1252
belsarius
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Not being silly. I'm dutch, we are blunt, thats often misconstrued. Apologies if I offended you
Dutch blunt. I'm sold.
The @NHLFlames are the first team to feature four players each with 50+ points within their first 45 games of a season since the Penguins in 1995-96 (Ron Francis, Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr, Tomas Sandstrom).
belsarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 02:26 PM   #1253
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Interesting, this is more of a summary, but there don't appear to be any penalties for buying cannabis outside the licensed system...

https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/cj-jp/cannabis/

Maybe there is more in the full law document. Loophole.

Usually I don't trust the Dutch...Aleks might be right on this one!
Old 01-24-2019, 02:28 PM   #1254
Aleks
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by belsarius View Post
Dutch blunt. I'm sold.
That was a legit oops
Old 01-24-2019, 02:51 PM   #1255
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
The high THC San Rafeal '71 Delehaze with 20 - 25% THC is bonkers.

The high THC Symbl oil is bonkers as well. Like, borderline crack.

I don't understand how you think it's poor quality. It's a million times better than the hit or miss you get with Terry. If you want more potent, you'll have to go to meth, I guess.

And for price? I run a business and pay my taxes. I support others who do the same. It actually pisses me off people are still buying from Terry when they know Terry isn't paying his fair share. That means you aren't paying your fair share, either.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 02:57 PM   #1256
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Actually, maybe that's a bit sanctimonious to say I only buy from the stores/gov't website because I like to pay taxes. That probably isn't totally true. I find the quality to be fine and the convenience is great. It's no different than running down to Mac's (Circle K?) for a chocolate bar. The prices don't bother me at all, either. I always compare cannabis to alcohol. The bang for buck - or level of messed up per dollar - favours cannabis at almost any price in comparison.
Old 01-24-2019, 03:04 PM   #1257
Aleks
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I don't equate quality just to THC level. I was a medical user for 3 years before this, so I'm very familiar with the LPs supplying the stores right now, I've gone through most of them over the years. Quality comes from not only potency, but trim, cure, appearance, smell, etc. I get huge, well trimmed and sticky buds from anywhere but the stores and LPs. I get small tiny buds that crumble away 80% of the time, which is what pushed me away from them long before legalization. I've tried a few stores, a few growers and different strains, it's all the same. Dried up tiny buds surrounded in a container by what can best be described as shake. It's harsh to use, and sure it gets you high, but not for a premium price
Old 01-24-2019, 03:15 PM   #1258
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Well, the effect (high) it has on you is the primary driver of quality IMO. I don't care how sticky the buds are, how well they're trimmed, or what they look/smell like. I like that you like that stuff, though. I'm probably just not as discerning when it comes to that.

I'm 42 and my Terrys have all moved onto other things in life. Cannabis was a PITA to get prior to legalization. I love just heading to the store or clicking on the gov't website. It's so easy and I don't feel like a scrub doing it.

If you have a line on what you like, more power to you. I agree you don't have to worry about the cops kicking down your door to get you over it. At the end of the day, it's so awesome we can legally enjoy cannabis in the same way a guy can enjoy his whiskey.
Old 01-24-2019, 03:45 PM   #1259
puckedoff
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm no expert but I would guess that Terry's buds are stickier because they are not fully dried, and they are not fully dried so that the marketable grams per plant is higher that way.
puckedoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 03:51 PM   #1260
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckedoff View Post
I'm no expert but I would guess that Terry's buds are stickier because they are not fully dried, and they are not fully dried so that the marketable grams per plant is higher that way.
Bovedas are essential IMO.
https://www.amazon.ca/Boveda-Humidip.../dp/B00JV27MF4
KevanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KevanGuy For This Useful Post: