Franchise Player

Exp:

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 10:54 PM   #62
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tonight's card is proof more is not always better. Those TUF fights should have been on another free card in Brazil.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Inferno For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2015, 11:13 PM   #63
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Summer Olympics might start before this ends.
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 11:26 PM   #64
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

lol

So much for not finishing her quickly.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 11:28 PM   #65
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

35 seconds!
Old 08-01-2015, 11:30 PM   #66
BloodFetish
First Line Centre

Exp:

The intro songs were longer. Did anyone pay to see that on PPV?
BloodFetish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 11:53 PM   #67
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Even if heaven is all out of bubblegum, Rowdy Roddy Piper is happy tonight.
Old 08-02-2015, 01:46 AM   #68
SHOGUN
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Ronda is probably the most dominant fighter ever..
SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 07:19 AM   #69
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOGUN View Post
Ronda is probably the most dominant fighter ever..
It's so hard to tell though, she might just have terrible competition. I know that sounds like one and the same, but I do wonder how much of this is attributable to that. The women's divisions just have no parity at this point. A comparable fighter in a men's division might just be getting a title shot at 12-0 (Weidman is close).

I'm not saying she's terrible and doesn't deserve credit. I just think she's a big fish in a small pond. Not her fault either because what is she supposed to do?
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 08:48 AM   #70
Hanna Sniper
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wouldn't exactly call Cat a small fish, I would have zero issue if you applied that term to the rest of the division but her defeat of Cat just as quickly was truly impressive

Just a little while ago Jones was walking through his division and was a big fish in a small pond and now with the absence of Jon it's a stacked division again. Domination has a way of lessening the opposition in some eye's but make no mistake about it Cat is just as equal as a number 1 contented as there is in any other division

Cat is Ronda's greatest threat and that's including a juiced up cyborg

Last edited by Hanna Sniper; 08-02-2015 at 08:51 AM.
Hanna Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 10:34 AM   #71
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

The problem with Rhonda's dominance is it just makes her fights a non event, there's a huge difference between Rousey who has a great pedigree, she's also treating this whole thing seriously in terms of both marketing and training and the rest of their division which has girls that got into this thing to basically lose weight but don't have the fighter and competitive DNA that Rousey has.

Last night was embarrassing that the so-called big threat striker in that division went into the ring and Rousey showed her that she thought her strike game was a non threat and went right at her without caring that her opponent tagged her. Then knocked her out in 30 seconds.

It takes years to build a sport and the woman's side of UFC is years away from being competitive. The fact that we're heading into Tate vs Rousey 3 is terrible, Tate is going to get killed in the first round, frankly because Rousey is probably sick of dealing with her.

If Cyborg decides to cut her weight down by what I hear is at least 20 pounds, Rousey will probably beat her.

Justino gets a similar level of hype to Rousey, but again she's fighting the same level of competition as Rousey and eating her subpar opponents alive.

I just think that Rousey wins because she thinks the sport in the octogon at an elite level. She game plans extremely well on the fly and if you make a mistake its over, one mistake and its over.

If you take someone like Cyborg and say lose 10 pounds for this fight (and its more likely 20 pounds as I've seen her tip the scales at about 160. That's a lot of striking power gone, that's also a lot of leveraged strength gone.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 10:38 AM   #72
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

The fight with Zingano would have been a lot more competitive if she didn't make a bonehead move and bum rush her. I still don't know why she felt that was a smart move.
Old 08-02-2015, 10:44 AM   #73
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
The fight with Zingano would have been a lot more competitive if she didn't make a bonehead move and bum rush her. I still don't know why she felt that was a smart move.
Because she thought like everyone else, that going right after Rousey like that and trying to break up her game plan is smart, and it is, but to give credit to Rousey and her team, she's completely prepared for what happens in the first few minutes of the match.

I tend to think that the strategy is to try to stretch out the match, frustrate Rousey and try to take advantage of her aggressive nature.

Mike Tyson was the king of using his aggression, but we saw what happened when fights stretched long with him.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 11:11 AM   #74
Hanna Sniper
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Last night was embarrassing that the so-called big threat striker in that division went into the ring and Rousey showed her that she thought her strike game was a non threat and went right at her without caring that her opponent tagged her. Then knocked her out in 30 seconds.
How so, Bethe hasn't fought Cat, Davis, McMann, Tate, Eye, Kauffman... hell she hasn't even fought a RANKED fighter yet.... She was thrown to the wolves to Ronda because Ronda asked for the fight (it was the least the Ufc could do for her). Anything else and you were just buying the sell. Word is still out what type of fighter Bethe can turn out to be as she gains experience and fights her way up that rankings.

She opened her mouth too soon and made it personal with the wrong person, or better yet bit of a little more then she could shew... but she was never a so called big threat. The UFC sold the fight and this is MMA and very much anything can happen but don't be an easy sell
Old 08-02-2015, 12:53 PM   #75
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I tend to think that the strategy is to try to stretch out the match, frustrate Rousey and try to take advantage of her aggressive nature.
A lot easier said than done. How do you do that though?

Back of on the feet and you're just inviting her to come at you playing into her aggresive nature.

You can't grapple or clinch with her because she's just going to throw you and armbar you.

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 01:16 PM   #76
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Because she thought like everyone else, that going right after Rousey like that and trying to break up her game plan is smart, and it is,
I wouldn't say it's smart. Be aggressive? yes. Be wreckless? no.

She admitted in an post fight interview that she let being accused of being a slow starter get to her.

Quote:
Zingano did, however, confess to the notion that she felt like she had something to prove to the critics who called her a slow starter.

"That was probably my biggest mistake," Zingano said. "Really thinking about doing it for other people versus doing it for myself. As long as I stay true to myself in this sport and in my career, I am unstoppable. I felt like it was an unfair definition of me, I don't think I'm a slow starter. For some reason, I let it get to me, so I was like, ‘okay, watch this.' That kind of slapped me in the face. I was just, in retrospect its something I want to have a lot more control over and not let it get to my head."
Old 08-02-2015, 10:01 PM   #77
T@T
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

You know MMA is in trouble when all the news is about a woman with no competition. Considering her last 3 fights totaled 64 seconds she must be the sports highest paid athlete.

From Dana White ripping off the fighters, his favoritism and some would say corruption of who gets to fight who you may as well bring back old time boxing with the Don Kings of the world.

At least in boxing if they fixed a fight you got your moneys worth.
T@T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 10:21 PM   #78
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

MMA is in trouble because Ronday Rousey is a star?

I know you're a big misogynist but that's pretty stupid even for you.

Laughed at the thought of her last three fights being fixed though.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 10:44 PM   #79
T@T
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
MMA is in trouble because Ronday Rousey is a star?

I know you're a big misogynist but that's pretty stupid even for you.

Laughed at the thought of her last three fights being fixed though.
Where did I say her fights are fixed?

Go back to sleep.

And yes MMA is garbage as long as Dana White is controlling it.
T@T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 09:22 AM   #80
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

haha okay bud.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote