Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2019, 11:23 AM   #121
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
How about hooking the deer up to your car battery?

He's trying to kill the deer, not bring it back to life.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2019, 11:28 AM   #122
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
How about hooking the deer up to your car battery?
Like where? Do I look like a Paramedic to you?

Hooking the battery up to the car is all well and good, easy stuff, I've boosted countless vehicles.

Where do you hook the cables up to the Deer? Ear to Ear? One on the nose the other on the tail? Hooves?

Plus you run the risk of FrankenDeer haunting you for Eternity.

No, that just wont do.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2019, 11:30 AM   #123
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Like where? Do I look like a Paramedic to you?

Hooking the battery up to the car is all well and good, easy stuff, I've boosted countless vehicles.

Where do you hook the cables up to the Deer? Ear to Ear? One on the nose the other on the tail? Hooves?

Plus you run the risk of FrankenDeer haunting you for Eternity.

No, that just wont do.
Ok you said you have a toque right? So wet the toque with whatever liquid you have. Pee on it if you must, the deer is suffering. Then with the urine soaked toque put it in the deers mouth, and hook up the negative terminal to the rag. Naturally the ground positive wire would attach to the deers hoof.

Then zap the deer until it dies. If you also water board the deer with the toque while your electrocuting it you may cause its heart rate to really go up and give the deer heart failure, speeding up its merciful release.

Last edited by White Out 403; 01-11-2019 at 11:32 AM.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:30 AM   #124
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
I guess i think about it like, were I dying in a ditch, would I want to wait there in my current, non-screaming anguish, for a couple hours,
Don't forget the part that during those few hours you'll likely get torn apart by any coyote, bear, or the odd raven in the area that wants to be a jerk. Although that still seems better than a snowbrush. I'd take a tire iron over that though. But it makes leaving it there for a few hours seem a lot worse.

Quote:
Sooo....lets play a game, its called:

"How would you Euthanize an injured Deer with just whats in your car?"
That actually brings up a good point, not only about 'deer euthanization' that I was discussing the other day with some friends.

How many people drive (and I'll limit this to outside of the city) with very little emergency supplies to even get themselves out of a ditch or snow covered parking lot?

Any way, to indulge in your game (and I'll only list things that would actually work quickly, and that I regularly carry):

Truck:
- 24" bolt cutters
- hatchet
- buck knife

Car:
- knife
- tire iron (l shaped, not the X style, which I agree would be tough)
- even the spare tire on a steel rim might do a quick enough job, antlers might get in the way though

To Envitro's point - Agreed, but I don't think anyone's really defending the method the RCMP used here. It was beyond stupid.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:34 AM   #125
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

It seems like all these stories (the original post/the snowbrush/Sex Drive clip), all go the same way. The guy is not really comfortable with the situation, tries what seemed like a good idea for a second, realizes it was a really dumb idea, but now what? They have to keep trying to finish it. I'm sure they're all traumatized and all are left looking like psychos. I have empathy for everyone involved, and while I hope I'd have made a better decision, I'm not sure I would have handled it better. I guess you'd hope a cop would be able to better handle these types of situations and maybe they found out they're not really suited for that line of work.
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:38 AM   #126
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
It seems like all these stories (the original post/the snowbrush/Sex Drive clip), all go the same way. The guy is not really comfortable with the situation, tries what seemed like a good idea for a second, realizes it was a really dumb idea, but now what? They have to keep trying to finish it. I'm sure they're all traumatized and all are left looking like psychos. I have empathy for everyone involved, and while I hope I'd have made a better decision, I'm not sure I would have handled it better. I guess you'd hope a cop would be able to better handle these types of situations and maybe they found out they're not really suited for that line of work.
He. Has. A. Gun.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2019, 11:41 AM   #127
puckedoff
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
He. Has. A. Gun.
And - presumably - a snowbrush.
puckedoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:44 AM   #128
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
The thing with this one is it's so outlandishly idiotic. It'd be funny if it wasn't so horrifying. You have to be partially brain dead to think this is the best way to kill an animal. People are concerned that somebody with such horrible judgement is out there in a position of authority as a cop.

I hope you would handle it better. The only way to handle it worse would be to beat it with a snow brush.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:54 AM   #129
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
Would you slit its throat or??
Yes - you cut the neck about halfway up, is my understanding from people I know who hunt. Then get out of the way - it'll basically swing its legs as if running in place - and die in a few seconds. Like I said, not a pleasant thing to do, but probably the most humane option for the deer.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 12:03 PM   #130
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Yes - you cut the neck about halfway up, is my understanding from people I know who hunt. Then get out of the way - it'll basically swing its legs as if running in place - and die in a few seconds. Like I said, not a pleasant thing to do, but probably the most humane option for the deer.
But what do I do with the other 999 cuts I have?

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 02:14 PM   #131
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Strangling with the booster cables actually might be the most humane choice in Locke's scenario I think.

Assuming the chloroform isn't actually a thing...
Old 01-11-2019, 02:25 PM   #132
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I'm ashamed to admit that I dont have a proper Roadside Emergency kit in my car. Off the top of my head I have:

- Snow Brush (of course)
- Spare Tire (and accompanying accouterments)
- Matches
- Gloves (wool)
- Blanket (wool)
- Chloroform and Duct Tape
- 1 Bottle Windshield Washer fluid (All-Season)
- 1 Bottle Radiator Fluid (Pre-Mixed)
- 2 Calgary Flames Car Flags
- Booster Cables
- Toque
I've played a lot of adventure games back in the 90's, I got this.

First you gotta make the poor guy comfortable, so I'd be putting the gloves and touque on him, then cover him with a blanket. Start a fire with the matches and whatever wood is around, he should be able to bask in it's warming glow. I don't have much use for the radiator fluid, but you could clean his wound a bit with washer fluid, if he has an open cuts. I'd probably put the Flames flags on his antlers, so he looks spiffy in his last few minutes. Attach them with duct tape if necessary. Finally, you beat him to death with the snow brush. Then drink all the chloroform so you don't remember any of it. "Sorry officer, I have no idea why this dead dear has Flames flags on his antlers."
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2019, 02:47 PM   #133
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

put a garbage bag over the deers head, and then cut a small opening in it and attach to the exhaust pipe and the deer falls asleep forever.
Old 01-11-2019, 05:07 PM   #134
Swarly
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

I'll go first.

I'm ashamed to admit that I dont have a proper Roadside Emergency kit in my car. Off the top of my head I have:

- Snow Brush (of course)
- Matches
- Gloves (wool)
- Blanket (wool)
- Booster Cables
- Toque

So the scenario is that I've winged a Deer and its injured by the roadside and cant move. Its going to die eventually, I'm trying to be a good child of Mother Gaia and to put one of her creatures to rest as humanely as possible.
chloroform the toque and put it on the deer like a muzzle. Once the deer is down cover it in radiator fluid and light 'er up.
Swarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 05:25 PM   #135
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Every ridiculous idea mentioned in this thread would have been less ridiculous than driving over it repeatedly.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2019, 05:35 PM   #136
8 Ball
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
Every ridiculous idea mentioned in this thread would have been less ridiculous than driving over it repeatedly.
Probably a tie with snowbrush
8 Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 05:42 PM   #137
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Ball View Post
Probably a tie with snowbrush
Yeah, let’s not discuss the snowbrush.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 10:52 AM   #138
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post

Old 01-12-2019, 10:54 AM   #139
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I've played a lot of adventure games back in the 90's, I got this.

First you gotta make the poor guy comfortable, so I'd be putting the gloves and touque on him, then cover him with a blanket. Start a fire with the matches and whatever wood is around, he should be able to bask in it's warming glow. I don't have much use for the radiator fluid, but you could clean his wound a bit with washer fluid, if he has an open cuts. I'd probably put the Flames flags on his antlers, so he looks spiffy in his last few minutes. Attach them with duct tape if necessary. Finally, you beat him to death with the snow brush. Then drink all the chloroform so you don't remember any of it. "Sorry officer, I have no idea why this dead dear has Flames flags on his antlers."
1997 called...its need you back to save the Universe!

The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2019, 11:04 AM   #140
Ped
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

I'll go first.

- Snow Brush (of course)
- Matches
- Gloves (wool)
- Blanket (wool)
- Booster Cables
- Toque

Um what?'

Ped is online now   Reply With Quote