Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-07-2018, 12:15 AM   #1581
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Khabib is an idiot but you play with fire, eventually you’re gonna get burned. This was a powder keg and Conor lit the match.
Outside of losing the fight how did McGregor get burned?

If he lit the match to this powder keg how come Khabib is the one that's going to be paying the price for it?

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 12:20 AM   #1582
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

After review of the video the NSAC decided to give Conor his cheque, but they're withholding Khabib's.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1048816902879866880

I can't tell whether or not Conor was provoked into punching the guy in the black in that Instagram clip.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 12:21 AM   #1583
manwiches
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Khabib is going to get fined and banned for a while... he will only be able to fight in Russia... the rematch would be bonkers and numbers would be huge. Haha

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
manwiches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 12:27 AM   #1584
Sultan
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
Fake news!
Conner is a saint and never crossed the line past showmanship.

You say that this is fake news. Did you miss the politics thread?

The camera clearly shows him jumping the fence to attack the coach. That is assault.

Please explain how this is fake news?

I don't post often, but in this thread you are not being honest with the actions and you are trying to spin this for some reason, that I do not understand.

Last edited by Sultan; 10-07-2018 at 12:30 AM. Reason: still cannot spell:)
Sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sultan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2018, 12:41 AM   #1585
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm not sure how to embed Twitter posts but someone posted a video that shows Connor taking a swing at someone before the guy jumps into the Octagon.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses...19543660007425
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 12:43 AM   #1586
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDutch View Post
Ok but does Conner do the bus thing if his guy doesn’t get BS attacked by Khabib.

Lets keep walking back. Conner actually is the honorable guy here despite his bluster. Khabib is a punk.
The Artem Lobov thing...not sure I’d classify that as as a BS attack.

Khabib approached him face to face, confronted him, and maybe gave him the slightest smack.

Not sure how that escalated into throwing a steel trolley through a window leading to four fights needing to be cancelled.

And what you don’t get is that neither of them are honorable. Connor is not even close to being honorable - his stunt with the alcohol at the press conference with Khabib who he knows is a Muslim is just one piece of proof of that. And Khabib is not honorable either (but at least Khabib keeps his mouth shut and confronts people he has an issue with face to face with no weapon).

In the end Both are at fault and both are idiots. And Dana White should shoulder a big amount of the blame too since he let it get to this point, and clearly doesn’t have any control over his fighters anymore.

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 10-07-2018 at 12:50 AM.
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 12:48 AM   #1587
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

According to Dana, Conor didn't wanna press charges, so the 3 guys on Khabib's team were released from jail. Said it's not 100% certain that Khabib remains champion, not because he wants to but the Nevada Commission might push for it.
Old 10-07-2018, 01:16 AM   #1588
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mile View Post
According to Dana, Conor didn't wanna press charges, so the 3 guys on Khabib's team were released from jail. Said it's not 100% certain that Khabib remains champion, not because he wants to but the Nevada Commission might push for it.
Well also because if he's suspended for months or a year, White will strip him to give others a shot at it.

Wild stuff and it really is crazy thst it didn't get worse in the crowd after it kicked off. But for some random guy to jump in the cage (yes it was Kabibs guy) so easily could've been much worse if it wasn't just Kabibs guy but some random guy who may have weaponed up somehow.

And it was a chicken #### move, as Connors crew was busy withholding back Dannis. Two guys took shots at him and he had nothing but the red coat ufc guys in there, then the guy fly's in from the back.

As for the fight, you knew McGregor would probably attempt something while on the ground so much that would open him up for a submission. Khabib was no less gassed in the end and Conor got the third round win.

I can't see Conor fighting anyone but Khabib next, just doesn't make sense. Diaz will call him out next ppv as will others looking to get a peice of the McGregor money pie while it's still raking it in, but the only matchup that makes sense in his career at this point is these two again.

Khabib may fight again before to defend, but it's just a distraction to the rematch, which may be a year away and probably other incidents along the way, as much as White will try and keep the camps seperate.

Last edited by browna; 10-07-2018 at 01:22 AM.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 01:17 AM   #1589
Mike F
Franchise Player

Exp:

Khabib defends himself on the same lines some of us have brought up tonight : why is everyone just focusing on what he did after the fight and not talking about everything Connor did leading up to it, particularly talking about is ethnicity, religion, and father. He said MMA should be about honor and respect, not trash talking.

He also brought up the fact that Putin called him after the fight to congratulate him. So I'd be willing to bet any money he loses out on tonight because of his antics will probably be paid to him by Putin
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 01:18 AM   #1590
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sultan View Post
You say that this is fake news. Did you miss the politics thread?

The camera clearly shows him jumping the fence to attack the coach. That is assault.

Please explain how this is fake news?

I don't post often, but in this thread you are not being honest with the actions and you are trying to spin this for some reason, that I do not understand.
I was being sarcastic and imitating Conner fans who excuse his role in escalating this farce.
I agree with you.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 01:21 AM   #1591
Zoller
Scoring Winger

Exp:

The best view I've seen of the indcident

https://streamable.com/9ifld
Zoller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Zoller For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2018, 01:28 AM   #1592
djmichaelk
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Connor lost the fight fair and square yes.. Not a chance in the world he deserves to be attacked by 2 men! One in front and one from behind! Both bare knuckle after he’s just been fighting for 20 mins anyway! It’s a disgrace! People bringing up the bus incident? No comparison!
djmichaelk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to djmichaelk For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2018, 01:38 AM   #1593
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Both incidents were incredibly stupid. Connor's stupidity caused injuries to multiple people from shattered glass. But that doesn't excuse what Khabib and his camp did either. He made himself look like a hypocrite after criticizing Connor for what he did.
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 01:40 AM   #1594
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

The highlighthub tv Instagram post on this link here is the best video.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/10/...rom-all-angles

Khabib throw the mouth guard and gets away from the red coat and flying kick towards Dannis.
As Connor starts climbing the cage to join, some guy with some round thing also in on top of cage starts beating down on him.

Then with all the distractions two of Khabibs guys, one in black first jumps in, but circles around gets in front of McGregor, then he decides to engage.

Then the guy in red comes in at that same spot, and try’s to take a pot shot from behind.

In all that fracas the original guy with the round thing gets free again and again goes after McGregor.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to browna For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2018, 01:55 AM   #1595
3rd liner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Was honestly cheering for McGregor... not sure why- reminds me of WWE when the Rock was a bad guy but so funny and so entertaining I guess....... But McGregor got absolutely owned tonight, fair and square. No question.

But the after-brawl? All on Khabib and his band of 'tough guys'.... Have some class when you win. Trash talk all you want before the fight... It's how you act after. And the two to three tough guys jumping Mcgregor, one from behind? Sooo tough. Such a punk move.
3rd liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 02:03 AM   #1596
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hard to tell if Conor threw the first punch honestly. After Khabib climbs the cage, Conor goes to climb the cage too but has a Khabib team member right next to him.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1048808154111336448

Best video I've seen that captures it all from the start.

Have zero interest in seeing Conor fight Khabib again. Khabib vs Ferguson makes the most sense, both have 11-fight win streaks in the most stacked division and Ferg was the interim champ anyways.
The Following User Says Thank You to mile For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2018, 04:16 AM   #1597
Mike F
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, I'm all over Connor for creating the animosity and Hate that led up to this incident. But after the fight, that was him purely being attacked and defending himself.
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 08:11 AM   #1598
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

What a gong show. I miss the days when Randy Couture was main eventing.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2018, 08:23 AM   #1599
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
What a gong show. I miss the days when Randy Couture was main eventing.
They’ve really stripped anything to do with martial arts out now. Hardly any respect, honour, discipline or anything like that.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2018, 08:44 AM   #1600
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

I watched the press conference last night and one of the journalists ask Dana if using the bus incident as promo was something he regretted doing, and Dana replies (paraphrased), "not at all. It was part of the story". The journalist pressed on and Dana stuck to that rationale. Some legit companies out there would probably say going forward they want that type of thing out of their promotions as they don't want that part of their story - they want it to be more about the martial arts and won't let it be about that stuff. Dana and Co., clearly don't mind this so which star is next to do something stupid to up the "story" when fans come to expect something crazier and this becomes the new norm? UFC is loving this - Dana is a wolf in sheep's clothing.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluejays For This Useful Post: