Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-03-2017, 09:46 AM   #381
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Jake Lloyd is a true Sith now, he just hates Star Wars fans and if he could choke them with his mind he would.

I always felt sorry for the kid, his post Star Wars experience just wasn't good.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 09:52 AM   #382
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Landmark has a ton of shows in non-3D. They even have non 3D imax.
Oh right. I guess I was hoping for Cineplex to have something; I prefer the theater seating in those.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 09:56 AM   #383
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I'm going to do what I did for Force Awakens and wait a little bit and take my mom and dad, they're getting a lot older, and having them in a packed theatre would probably be hard on them.

Old 11-03-2017, 12:04 PM   #384
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

https://www.inverse.com/article/3797...sney-rules-wsj

Might be waiting a while if you don't like your theater choices.
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 04:17 PM   #385
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Expected but still significant news:

Quote:
Disney and Lucasfilm have announced a brand-new Star Wars trilogy that will kick-off presumably after Episode IX hits screens. According to an official press release from StarWars.com, The Last Jedi director Rian Johnson will creatively oversee the new trilogy, and write and direct the first entry in the series. It will reportedly step away from the Skywalkers, opting to focus on another corner of the galaxy far, far away.
https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-new-fi...-rian-johnson/
Old 11-09-2017, 04:21 PM   #386
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

New thread just created. Great minds...

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 09:10 PM   #387
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

So after a looooong day. Remembrance Day Ceremonies this morning followed by going to the Pee Wee Football Provincial Finals. I came home and decided to Net Flix the Force Awakens.

I have to admit, I haven't watched it in two years, and I did really enjoy it. But I took my time to watch the fight between Rey and Kylo.

Some things I noticed.

1) in the opening sequence, she fights like Palpatine with the forward thrusts and the way she blocks, there are some sequences that came right from the Revenge of the Sith fight between Palaptine and Windu.

When Kylo corners her and tells her that she needs a teacher and he can teach her the ways of the Force, and she closes her eyes and centers herself, but when she comes back, its rage. She then attacks him furiously and uses a sequence that looks like the final fight between Anakin and Dooku in ROTS including the use of the over hand down two handed slash, which Anakin used in ROTS after Dooku tells him that he has anger and fear and doesn't use it. From there. Rey gets the upper hand on Ren after another very Palpatine like forward slash and attacks him with a look of rage on her face.

So the ongoing theories are that Rey is a offspring of Palpatine or a re-incarnation of the chosen one in Anakin.

But what if she was kind of both. What if she was a clone of Anakin with all of his power and trained by Palpatine and rescued by Luke while she was still very young. after the fall of the Empire and taken by Luke who suppressed her memories in an effort to retrain her and she met Kylo Ren at the Jedi temple.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2017, 10:42 AM   #388
Ashartus
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
But what if she was kind of both. What if she was a clone of Anakin with all of his power and trained by Palpatine and rescued by Luke while she was still very young. after the fall of the Empire and taken by Luke who suppressed her memories in an effort to retrain her and she met Kylo Ren at the Jedi temple.
I think she's too young to have been trained by Palpatine or around at the fall of the Empire.
Ashartus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 12:59 PM   #389
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Are we there yet?
Old 11-12-2017, 01:51 PM   #390
Byrns
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Jake Lloyd is a true Sith now, he just hates Star Wars fans and if he could choke them with his mind he would.

I always felt sorry for the kid, his post Star Wars experience just wasn't good.
He's been diagnosed with schizophrenia so that doesn’t help.
Byrns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:48 AM   #391
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I've always felt bad for Jake. When I watched the documentary on the making of the phantom menace, he came across as this really ernest, nice kid and he was so pumped up about playing in a Star Wars movie.

Then the movie came out and this poor kid just got raked over the coals by the Star Wars fan community, and a lot of it was mean spirited.

Just watching the interviews from later on in his life, he really just outright hated Star Wars fans and even the whole acting profession as well.

I always thought that Ron Howard's letter defending Lloyd was a really nice gesture.

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-pha...rd-jake-lloyd/

Old 11-13-2017, 11:06 AM   #392
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashartus View Post
I think she's too young to have been trained by Palpatine or around at the fall of the Empire.
Ok, so after thinking about this point, and saying, maybe they found her in stasis or something, and she was meant to be a break glass in case of Vader dies and Palpatine needs a new Apprentice/Assassin. I'm now going to completely change my theory, so I went back and looked at some Star Wars source material

We know that prior to the events of the Phantom Menace that the Dark Side had been gaining power, it was handicapping the Jedi's ability to use the force and sapping the power of the light side. So the force reacted by bringing force the chosen one, a super powered, vergence of the Force centered around a boy with no mother. He was meant to bring balance to the Force, but the dark side at that time was so powerful, and so pervasive that Anakin was imperfect, and he fell to the Dark Side. But he was still around but eventually the light won, and Anakin threw Darth Sideous down a well so deep that Lassie couldn't hear him screaming for help. Vader reverts to Anakin and dies, the Dark Side is basically defeated and the light side is ascendant.

So now the Force is over poweringly on the light side. Luke is an avatar of the light, the force shifts and he starts training a new generation of Jedi, but the Force is out of balance. So what's to say that the Dark side doesn't have its own prophesy?

I know that its legends EU stuff, but Disney has been more then willing to borrow elements from Legends when it suits them so why not now.

The Sith had a prophesy as well, a being so perfect that he or she would be the embodiment of the Dark Side, basically a black hole in the Force that would destroy the Light. At first it was thought that Palpatine was that Sithari. But clearly he was flawed in a lot of ways.

So what if the Force creates another "chosen one" who will try to shift the balance. We know that the light and the dark side are constantly at war and they do it through their proxies in terms of the Jedi and the Sith. It was personalized in the Clone Wars with the Father (balance) the son (darkness) and the daughter (light), when they died the Force spun out of control.

so anyways, we know that Rey was dropped off on Jakku, but that doesn't mean she has parents. What if she's the Sithari. The perfect embodiment of the Darkside?

The Sith'ari will be free of limits.
The Sith'ari will lead the Sith and destroy them.
The Sith'ari will raise the Sith from death and make them stronger than before.

What if Rey is going to tip the galaxy back to Darkness, and her destiny is to destroy Snoke, and Kylo and the Jedi and leave the Galaxy into darkness?

What if Luke sick of the destruction caused by Force Users decides that not only do people like Ren and Snoke have to go, but the Jedi have to go, but he learns that Rey isn't an ally, she wants pretty much the same thing but wants the Force to herself.

I doubt this is what's actually going to happen, because Disney probably won't go that far in terms of having their heroine become the ultimate evil in the Galaxy who brings back the Sith.

But its fun to speculate.

Old 11-18-2017, 08:48 AM   #393
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 11-18-2017, 11:11 AM   #394
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

That rides really well done. The first time I went on it I was blown away, then the second time I went it switched to having Vader and Yoda. You're about fly away in your Star ship and it freezes in place, then it turns around and there's Vader force holding you in place. I'll admit even as a 30 year old man at the time I was like "Holy #### it's Vader!!!!"

I've heard it's only gotten better now to.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:18 AM   #395
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
That rides really well done. The first time I went on it I was blown away, then the second time I went it switched to having Vader and Yoda. You're about fly away in your Star ship and it freezes in place, then it turns around and there's Vader force holding you in place. I'll admit even as a 30 year old man at the time I was like "Holy #### it's Vader!!!!"

We were at Disney World in January and it was not a busy day, so we were able to just turn around and get back on Star Tours within 5 minutes the one day. We saw 6 or 7 different "rides". We asked how many there were and they said there was 10 different combinations (as parts were the same on some).

Was fantastic to know and thus the turning around and going on again and again.

I remember going on the ride at Disneyland in 1988...after waiting two hours. Was the only thing I ever waited patiently for when I was a kid. I was blown away then as an 11 year old and I was blown away in January as a then 39 year old.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:11 AM   #396
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post

Yep. I had a day off on a Japan business trip last summer and decided to spend it at Tokyo Disney. Probably went on it 5 or 6 times. Great ride. Basically spent a good chunk of the day going back and forth from Space Mountain and Star Tours.
ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 09:10 PM   #397
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just finished re watching The Force Awakens. Poe Dameron is one hell of a pilot.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2017, 09:22 PM   #398
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Got our tickets for the Sunday showing at CrossIron. Looking forward to it.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 10:59 AM   #399
Scoopdogg
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Got tickets to an advanced screening on the 14th. Can’t wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scoopdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 11:20 AM   #400
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
Just finished re watching The Force Awakens. Poe Dameron is one hell of a pilot.
Dont steal his jacket you thief!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: