Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2017, 06:53 PM   #421
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

One Judge dissented so they can try for leave to appeal to the SCC.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 12:23 AM   #422
MBates
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
One Judge dissented so they can try for leave to appeal to the SCC.
Automatic right to appeal on issues of law on which the one judge dissented.

Quote:
In most cases, appeals are heard by the Court only if leave to appeal is given. Such leave, or permission, will be given by the Court when a case involves a question of public importance.

There are cases, however, where leave is not required. In criminal cases, there is an automatic right of appeal where an acquittal has been set aside in the provincial court of appeal or where one judge in the provincial court of appeal dissents on a question of law. In addition, the Supreme Court of Canada has a special kind of "Reference" jurisdiction, original in character, given by s. 53 of the Supreme Court Act. The Governor in Council (federal government) may refer to the Court, for its opinion, constitutional or other questions.
http://www.scc-csc.ca/contact/faq/qa-qr-eng.aspx#f14
MBates is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MBates For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2017, 09:01 AM   #423
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Thanks for explaining that better MBates.

'No room for justice': David Stephan posts tirade after conviction upheld in son's meningitis death

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...book-1.4404690
Old 11-16-2017, 09:18 AM   #424
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Oh good god, I really felt physically ill reading his ignorant whining.

Here's the biggest piece of truth David, you and your wife killed your kid because your uneducated idiots, who put your pride and your beliefs over your kids life.

I wish there was a sentence called every square inch.

In otherwords, "We find you guilty and sentence you to having every square inch of your a$$ kicked"

Or

"We find you guilty and sentence you to having every square inch of your voodoo medicine store burned to the ground"

These people were never sorry, their little plea's in court were written by their lawyers and read by un-repentant morons. the fact that this woman is allowed to have a kid is fine, but there should be incredibly strict conditions put in place for that kid's welfare. \

And of course he falls back on the whole conspiracy theory thing, because these people that don't believe in medical science because they believe its all a plot by big pharma to enslave the human race as a food source are the same people that to this day join truther movements.

I hope the prosecutors work to get the book thrown at these two.

They murdered their kid, they might have been good intentioned, but they might as well have pulled a gun out and shot the kid.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2017, 09:33 AM   #425
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Here's the biggest piece of truth David, you and your wife killed your kid because your uneducated idiots, who put your pride and your beliefs over your kids life.
Did you see the part where they have another kid on the way in just a few days?
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 09:39 AM   #426
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Yeah, I did, unfortunately unless they find a way to put conditions on the new kid, there's nothing they can do.

I cringed reading through the comments on that face book article.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 03:16 PM   #427
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
They should have gave him a vasectomy as part of the sentence.
Johnny Makarov is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny Makarov For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2017, 03:45 PM   #428
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
and the part where it was said they received $150,000 in donations.
that really sucks too. so many people support their horrible lifestyle that so much money was donated.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 10:57 AM   #429
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just saw on Twitter - Lovett gets 3 year jail sentence

Quote:
Tracy Nagai @TracyNagai BREAKING: Tamara Lovett sentenced to 3 years in prison.

Last edited by Minnie; 11-17-2017 at 11:00 AM. Reason: add Twitter quote
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 11:13 AM   #430
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

There are so many people who support this nonsense it's unreal. I have a friend who is dying to get me to be friends with her healing guru on facebook. The first thing that came across my FB feed was "transgendered people are all pedophiles and just need better nutrition". Next "sunscreen causes skin cancer". Then "vaccines cause autism". Followed by "What beautiful and brave souls the Stephan family are". And now "Tamara Lovett is being railroaded by a corrupt system just like the Stephans" And finally "no one is born with a deficiency of medication or vaccines".

And people believe this horse sh't. They line up to buy her garbage at her garbage store. F'ing magic gold pills for 9k dollars a bottle. As long as her info comes from alternative media she thinks it's true. She even uses MD in her name to make herself sound like a doctor. I hate it so much. Ironically her "journey to healing" started when a hunk of concrete fell on her head. Now I get it.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OMG!WTF! For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2017, 11:26 AM   #431
calf
broke the first rule

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
And people believe this horse sh't. They line up to buy her garbage at her garbage store. F'ing magic gold pills for 9k dollars a bottle.
Can't trust big pharma, they're only in it for the money.
calf is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to calf For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2017, 11:43 AM   #432
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
There are so many people who support this nonsense it's unreal. I have a friend who is dying to get me to be friends with her healing guru on facebook. The first thing that came across my FB feed was "transgendered people are all pedophiles and just need better nutrition". Next "sunscreen causes skin cancer". Then "vaccines cause autism". Followed by "What beautiful and brave souls the Stephan family are". And now "Tamara Lovett is being railroaded by a corrupt system just like the Stephans" And finally "no one is born with a deficiency of medication or vaccines".

And people believe this horse sh't. They line up to buy her garbage at her garbage store. F'ing magic gold pills for 9k dollars a bottle. As long as her info comes from alternative media she thinks it's true. She even uses MD in her name to make herself sound like a doctor. I hate it so much. Ironically her "journey to healing" started when a hunk of concrete fell on her head. Now I get it.
I weep for humanity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 12:06 PM   #433
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
and the part where it was said they received $150,000 in donations.
that really sucks too. so many people support their horrible lifestyle that so much money was donated.
Well, I was originally hoping that this would be tied off quickly and them sentenced to jail.

Now upon additional consideration, I'd be okay with this dragging out long and hard with their legal fee situation.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 01:23 PM   #434
NuclearFart
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
Just saw on Twitter - Lovett gets 3 year jail sentence
The crown should also go after the idiot(s) who sold her the remedies.
NuclearFart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 01:42 PM   #435
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearFart View Post
I think so as well. Practicing medicine without a license or whatever they can grab them on.

I'm glad the judge said he didn't believe her when she said she didn't know better. How the hell you reach the age of 48 and "don't know better" is a ridiculous assertion. Even a parent who is a shill for Big Pharma knows if the Big Pharma meds aren't working, you take your kid back to the doc and get stuff that does. And, if things reach a critical stage, you go to the mothereffing hospital, you don't keep treating with FOOD. My SIL is big into natural remedies but even she has taken herself off to the evil doctor for toxic medications this past week, because her natural remedies weren't working.

Didn't know better my round white backside. Too wound up in her own self importance more like and her child paid the price for it.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Minnie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2017, 02:43 PM   #436
NuclearFart
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
I think so as well. Practicing medicine without a license or whatever they can grab them on.

I'm glad the judge said he didn't believe her when she said she didn't know better. How the hell you reach the age of 48 and "don't know better" is a ridiculous assertion. Even a parent who is a shill for Big Pharma knows if the Big Pharma meds aren't working, you take your kid back to the doc and get stuff that does. And, if things reach a critical stage, you go to the mothereffing hospital, you don't keep treating with FOOD. My SIL is big into natural remedies but even she has taken herself off to the evil doctor for toxic medications this past week, because her natural remedies weren't working.

Didn't know better my round white backside. Too wound up in her own self importance more like and her child paid the price for it.
Some of this is just natural selection trying to take its course, but it's an absolute travesty when they harm someone else.

It's also an increased burden on healthcare when these idiots put off appropriate early medical care for an extended period to go "natural", but then eventually show up on the hospital doorstep with advanced disease looking for salvage. Many afflictions can be treated early for relatively simple and comparatively cheap cost.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NuclearFart For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2017, 02:52 PM   #437
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearFart View Post
Why would the government go after something they approved to give a formalized designation as a recognized profession?

http://www.cnda.net/

The "ND" designation is just another continuing trend in Alberta of allowing woo-peddling quacks to pay off the government for fake credentials. See: chiropractors in the 90s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PsYcNeT For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2017, 03:34 PM   #438
NuclearFart
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
Why would the government go after something they approved to give a formalized designation as a recognized profession?

http://www.cnda.net/

The "ND" designation is just another continuing trend in Alberta of allowing woo-peddling quacks to pay off the government for fake credentials. See: chiropractors in the 90s.
I agree with your sentiment on the government actively enabling the charlatans, but that's a side issue.

Professional recognition doesn't protect a practitioner from negligence/incompetence causing harm.
The Following User Says Thank You to NuclearFart For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2017, 09:00 PM   #439
OldDutch
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

This guy has a narsasissm issue that cost his son his life. It’s plain as day. If you look at any pictures of him he is ready front and center to pose. I saw he is appearing in ads as some kind of psudo celebrity for herbal pills.

The guy is at best a huckster at worst a narsasist cult of personality type. Its clear to me everything has to be about him.

I wished it was more rare to see these type of people. However, I dated a girl as a teeenager who attended a fringe Christian church. These guys are very much out there, the Jesus complex types. I only hope he gets locked up for a long time, but on second thought that will only make him a martyr to his flock.
OldDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 02:16 PM   #440
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Stephan parents planning Supreme Court challenge of conviction in son's death

http://calgaryherald.com/news/provin...1-9399958b19df