Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2017, 10:14 AM   #561
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp2003 View Post
Watched the replay highlights this morning -- holy moly did the wind ever push that first field goal attempt wide left.
The wind gods do not like Sean Whyte...

dash_pinched is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dash_pinched For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2017, 11:20 AM   #562
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

By the way, I didn't see it posted earlier, but the attendance for yesterday's game was 30,116 according to the following article. Pleased to see that 30K was reached.

Bo Levi Mitchell threw for 228 yards and a touchdown on 20-of-32 passing while four different Stampeders scored touchdowns, as a crowd of 30,116 at a windy McMahon Stadium watched the home team advance to its second straight Grey Cup.

https://www.cfl.ca/games/2455/edmont...ry-stampeders/
Old 11-20-2017, 12:16 PM   #563
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_pinched View Post
He looks like the yellow guy from sin city... hahaha. Bo Levi is bruce willis!
Johnny Makarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 12:21 PM   #564
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

The big play the Esks blew was the rouge they gave up after the Calgary punt to put us ahead by 7 instead of 6. You have the wind, you were driving on us all 4th quarter. You should have ran that out.
Old 11-20-2017, 12:44 PM   #565
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The wind gods do not like Sean Whyte...
Bahahahahahahahahaha! I had seen that clip before but didn't realize it was another Sean Whyte miss

Yeah, it was crazy out there. There are flags in the North endzone commemorating each of Calgary's Grey Cup wins. I was going to take a picture but they would be blowing completely to the North, and then 10 seconds later they would be blowing completely to the South. Then you'd take a look at the goal posts (which were shaking back and forth) and the flags at the top would be blowing the opposite direction.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 01:50 PM   #566
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
Anthony Parker needs to sit. He is whatever the opposite of clutch is.
Yes i know i'm quoting myself but who the hell wants to see Parker in a Stamps uniform ever again??

Parker should be taking Maas and his kids on vacation every single year for the next 20 years.

It would have been sad bad for him here, Troy Brouwer would be like "woah..."
Old 11-20-2017, 02:17 PM   #567
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^ Check out Nik Lewis' tweet from last night:

Quote:
Nik Lewis @nikel18
Told him 1,000 times. Always catch the ball underhanded on deep balls unless Ur going up. U can always recatch the bobble that way
Parker is in his 7th season with the Stamps, and apparently still learning. He's already been passed by Durant and Brescacin IMO. Don't mind him as a depth guy but last night's drop was painful...
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 02:21 PM   #568
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yes i know i'm quoting myself but who the hell wants to see Parker in a Stamps uniform ever again??

Parker should be taking Maas and his kids on vacation every single year for the next 20 years.

It would have been sad bad for him here, Troy Brouwer would be like "woah..."
That was a bad drop by Parker yesterday no doubt and it could have been very costly. However, in my opinion, he had his finest season with the Stamps in 2017 with 36 receptions and he also mixed in some fine running plays which likely helped the Stamps to the best record once again in the CFL. He's a versatile guy who can also drop back for punt and kick-off returns if needed as well. The fact remains that the Argos secondary will be focusing mainly on Jorden, McDaniel, and Daniels meaning that Parker will likely get more than one ball thrown his way next Sunday. Here's hoping he can make the catch this time.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dash_pinched For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2017, 02:30 PM   #569
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've read people saying maybe he thought they were only down by 6, then it makes sense. But if he thought they were only down by 6 then why was he motioning on the sidelines that they were going for the 2 pt convert?

Maybe he thought they were down by 8, but then why would they concede the extra point?

If he wanted to outright win the game then why not kick the field goal on the previous 3rd down with more time on the clock?

None of it makes any sense, mind boggling.

I can't imagine it being the case but the point spread was 5 - 5.5, just saying .....
Jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 02:37 PM   #570
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

If he thought they were only down by 6, it’s still a really poor decision, just not one of the worst couching blunders in CFL history.
Old 11-20-2017, 03:28 PM   #571
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

What time is the Grey Cup on next Sunday?
albertGQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 03:45 PM   #572
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertGQ View Post
What time is the Grey Cup on next Sunday?
6 pm Eastern time (4 pm Mountain) is when the festivities start with player intros and then the national anthem followed by the coin toss. Kick-off likely around 6:30 Eastern.
Old 11-20-2017, 04:22 PM   #573
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
That was a bad drop by Parker yesterday no doubt and it could have been very costly. However, in my opinion, he had his finest season with the Stamps in 2017 with 36 receptions and he also mixed in some fine running plays which likely helped the Stamps to the best record once again in the CFL. He's a versatile guy who can also drop back for punt and kick-off returns if needed as well. The fact remains that the Argos secondary will be focusing mainly on Jorden, McDaniel, and Daniels meaning that Parker will likely get more than one ball thrown his way next Sunday. Here's hoping he can make the catch this time.
You can't count on him to make the key catch. And most of his drops throughout his career were at key times. I'd choose Michel 1000 times over. It's really too bad Durant is out.
Old 11-21-2017, 09:16 AM   #574
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Mark Spector‏@SportsnetSpec
Jason Maas will meet the media at 2:30 MT today.
Don't expect him to walk back from his call. He sees it as a 50/50 situation, with equal risk/reward on both sides. Don't agree, but...
Old 11-21-2017, 09:37 PM   #575
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You can't count on him to make the key catch. And most of his drops throughout his career were at key times. I'd choose Michel 1000 times over. It's really too bad Durant is out.
Michel has key drop as well, may be you just don't want to remember his drops and just focusing on Parker.
midniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote