Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2019, 04:52 PM   #21
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
Would have been poetic if they got him for driving without a seatbelt for the little backup he did before putting it on.
This is the type of guy you just want out of your life. Having to see him again in court isn't worth the satisfaction.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 04:53 PM   #22
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy89 View Post
Wow just wow. A couple and their infant were put in the hospital with life threatening injuries as a result of the crash and this a-hat is upset about the traffic jam caused by the first responders. Talk about lack of perspective.
The worst I've had is someone screaming at me over 911 about police daring to close the road due to a murder investigation...

Some folks really just have no perspective.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 04:55 PM   #23
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
This is the type of guy you just want out of your life. Having to see him again in court isn't worth the satisfaction.
It's so incredibly selfish and and sociopathic he sounds like a character in a comedy show
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 05:03 PM   #24
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Are we allowed to track him down, shame him mercilessly on social media, and hopefully get him fired from his job?

Because if so, here is his picture:

Spoiler!

tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 05:06 PM   #25
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow, #### that driver.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...peed-1.5237768

Her car hit a family of three inside the building — a 33-year-old man, a 30-year-old woman and an eight-month-old infant — who were sitting at a table near the window.

The man has since been upgraded to serious but stable condition, while the woman has suffered life-altering injuries, according to police.

Police said in a release that "excessive speed is considered a factor in the collision."
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 05:07 PM   #26
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looks like the cop is daring him to hit him.
Old 08-06-2019, 05:07 PM   #27
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Woah. Getting in anyone's face like that is asking for an elbow to the head, but to do it to a cop? That's guys lucky, that constable showed a lot of restraint
Old 08-06-2019, 05:22 PM   #28
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Here’s the video of him arguing with the cops

https://twitter.com/user/status/1158546995172089857

Last edited by Scorch; 08-06-2019 at 05:25 PM.
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 05:36 PM   #29
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Angry hockey dad.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 05:38 PM   #30
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just regular behaviour from a regular motorist.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to peter12 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2019, 05:38 PM   #31
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nevermind
Old 08-06-2019, 05:39 PM   #32
curves2000
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Let's just all relax a bit and take a moment to reflect a bit. The guy made a massive error in acting like that, a 100% di** move without a doubt. My brother is an officer and deals with stuff like this all the time.

I don't know what exactly set the guy off and we don't have an answer for that and I don't agree with it at all. I would never a pull a move like this but that doesn't mean I have never made a poor judgement error when dealing with another person or a person of authority, any authority I may add. I suspect we all have!

Truthfully I recognize him from a couple of shops in the area that he frequents. I get that people are angry and that in 2019 on the internet everybody want's to railroad everybody into oblivion. Fire him, exploit him, expose him etc. If he had committed a crime or was charged I get it. In this case he went off the deep end on camera in front of a cop but like I said, this happens hundreds if not thousands of times a day. Are all of them suppose to be railroaded too?

It's easy to railroad someone and want them fired etc when it's not YOUR family that might rely on their salary or income. Rather than people relaxing and reflecting on this awful situation, we are losing focus on what happened.

People are all worked up on all the social media platforms and wanting this guy's head on a platter and hoping he get's fired, potentially taking food off his family's table. How many people are concerned for the family involved? They were literally just having a meal and their lives are forever changed by reports of life altering injuries. Probably paralyzed or loss of a limb or limbs.

Maybe we can all learn a lesson and not be just so easily worked up over the small things in life, just like this bozo did. Instead let's relax and enjoy life and be thankful for what we have because you never knew when a car comes crashing into the establishment your enjoying a meal or a coffee at etc.
curves2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 05:41 PM   #33
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh yeah, the immediate tendency to call for the mob to dox someone based on an out of context video on social media is terrible.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to peter12 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2019, 05:46 PM   #34
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

I got stuck behind a parade downtown once...veterans parade too..the nerve. I asked the cop if it was a long one and he was super apologetic and was like "Hey man I'm just here cause they told me to be here. I'm as upset as you are". I was like shoot, I'm not upset at all. But I can imagine they get that sort of thing a lot.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 06:08 PM   #35
lazypucker
First Line Centre

Exp:

On the other token, some cops behave like they own the roads. They flashed their sirens just to run red lights, doing illegal u-turns just because they want to. There were multiple occasions that I have witnessed that the cops stopped speeders in the middle of major roadways like Crowchild and John Laurie. Rather than stop them on the inside left lanes, can't they pull the cars aside to the right at least?
lazypucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 06:12 PM   #36
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Family was released from hospital I think I just heard on CTV news.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2019, 06:14 PM   #37
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by curves2000 View Post
Let's just all relax a bit and take a moment to reflect a bit. The guy made a massive error in acting like that, a 100% di** move without a doubt. My brother is an officer and deals with stuff like this all the time.

I don't know what exactly set the guy off and we don't have an answer for that and I don't agree with it at all. I would never a pull a move like this but that doesn't mean I have never made a poor judgement error when dealing with another person or a person of authority, any authority I may add. I suspect we all have!

Truthfully I recognize him from a couple of shops in the area that he frequents. I get that people are angry and that in 2019 on the internet everybody want's to railroad everybody into oblivion. Fire him, exploit him, expose him etc. If he had committed a crime or was charged I get it. In this case he went off the deep end on camera in front of a cop but like I said, this happens hundreds if not thousands of times a day. Are all of them suppose to be railroaded too?

It's easy to railroad someone and want them fired etc when it's not YOUR family that might rely on their salary or income. Rather than people relaxing and reflecting on this awful situation, we are losing focus on what happened.

People are all worked up on all the social media platforms and wanting this guy's head on a platter and hoping he get's fired, potentially taking food off his family's table. How many people are concerned for the family involved? They were literally just having a meal and their lives are forever changed by reports of life altering injuries. Probably paralyzed or loss of a limb or limbs.

Maybe we can all learn a lesson and not be just so easily worked up over the small things in life, just like this bozo did. Instead let's relax and enjoy life and be thankful for what we have because you never knew when a car comes crashing into the establishment your enjoying a meal or a coffee at etc.
Don't disagree with any of this one bit, but for what it's worth, only one guy suggested doing that in this case, and the way the post is written tells me it's a joke
Old 08-06-2019, 06:49 PM   #38
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Balding middle aged man driving a red ‘suv’...guys he’s not a prick. Fried chicken may very well be one of the remaining joys in his life, and he had to disguise his rage that the KFC drive thru would be unavailable.

As for the twat who likes to speed indiscriminately, that kind of behaviour should be prison worthy.
Old 08-06-2019, 06:53 PM   #39
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by curves2000 View Post
Let's just all relax a bit and take a moment to reflect a bit...
This is all true of course, but let me ask you this: what about the d-bag that was driving the car. Are we allowed to get mad at him if/when his name is released? Or just assume he was just having a bad day?

I have nothing but sympathy for the family that was hurt -- quite seriously apparently -- and thinking brown polo guy is a jerk doesn't change that. I do appreciate you providing some bigger picture perspective though (something that is in too short supply these days).

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Don't disagree with any of this one bit, but for what it's worth, only one guy suggested doing that in this case, and the way the post is written tells me it's a joke
It was a joke. Mostly. The picture was from the news article that was linked -- I was surprised they posted it due to the (seemingly) inevitable backlash that would result.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 06:56 PM   #40
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81MC View Post
Balding middle aged man driving a red ‘suv’...guys he’s not a prick. Fried chicken may very well be one of the remaining joys in his life, and he had to disguise his rage that the KFC drive thru would be unavailable.

As for the twat who likes to speed indiscriminately, that kind of behaviour should be prison worthy.
It’s inevitable you are going to be a balding (you could luck out with genetics) middle aged man in time. I hope life is better to you than you seem to think it is for all other middle aged men. Yeah the guy is a dick but let’s not paint middle aged people to be pathetic pricks that only have KFC to look forward to.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote