Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #1
PeteLFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:
Default Madden 25

The 25th edition of madden drops tomorrow.

Anyone play the demo yet ? Hard to really judge it, because players continue to disappear off my screen and never seem to reappear.

Seems like the read option garbage is going to be big, and running backs are going to be hard to bring down.

The defensive backs do fly to the ball, so it is a it more realistic that way, hopefully they tone down the ridiculous amounts of interceptions.
PeteLFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:01 AM   #2
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

i enjoyed the demo, but man, playing defense is SO boring. i probably suck, but i just can't seem to stop the computer at all. I consider it a success if i can limit any passing/running play to 5 yards or less.

last year, i'd simply Sim until my team regained possession, which is unfortunate. It would be fun to be able to actually penetrate an offensive line and apply some pressure in the backfield.

now offense is a lot of fun, but i think i'm sitting this year out, will save some $ to get a new console for next xmas. Only NHL for me this year.
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:59 AM   #3
iggnuef
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Picking my copy up after work. Pumped for the new addition, just like every year.
iggnuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:00 PM   #4
Swayze11
something else haha

Exp:

anyone know if they brought back the fantasy draft? I played the last madden twice and hated it because they took out fantasy draft.

Swayze11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:04 PM   #5
KOgear
Scoring Winger

Exp:

KOgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:20 PM   #6
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

I picked it up this morning. Counting down the minutes until my work day is done and I can get home and try it out
M*A*S*H 4077 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:31 PM   #7
PeteLFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Anyone know how I can sub in guys like Austin and Cobb out of the backfield seems like you can't have packages.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:44 PM   #8
jar_e
Franchise Player

Exp:

How's it playing so far? Contemplating picking it up tomorrow.
jar_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:47 PM   #9
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

I played 3 games with my brother this evening. I like it. It's not a huge change from years past, but it's fun. Kapernick with the read option is deadly.

The one thing that jumped out at me was injuries! Seems like they occur way more frequently than they used to.

Question: I now suck at leading my receiver when throwing the ball. Did they take that ability out? Or do I just suck at it?
Old 08-27-2013, 10:24 PM   #10
PeteLFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I think they took it out it never worked properly before either.

Played 1 game so far and playing D is terrible. You can run the ball pretty easy.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:53 AM   #11
iggnuef
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swayze11 View Post
anyone know if they brought back the fantasy draft? I played the last madden twice and hated it because they took out fantasy draft.
Yes there is a fantasy draft. Start a offline connected career and before you start it will ask you if u want to do one. I started a career as an owner and opted not to, I assume it would be the same for a coach career.
iggnuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:11 AM   #12
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

I bought it as I liked the Owner Mode in the Season Pass trial. I like the offense. On defense it almost seems pre-scripted, like the AI will score when it wants to and will just randomly fail at times and have to punt. I fel like I have very little imput.

I am surprised to see someone say there were too many interceptions. I am seeing far fewer from the AI and I have almost none. In NCAA I can pick the ball off quite often. I think that "ball hawk" mode may make the difference. It defaults on in NCAA (not even sure you can turn it off) and it defaults off in Madden (you have a choice).

My least favourite thing on defense is attempting to tackle beyond ten yards or so from the line of scrimmage. I don't know if it's the camera angle (which does not seem to be changeable for gameplay this year) but I miss almost every tackle beyond that range. It's to the point that I just play as a lineman or a short zone LB and never switch.

All in all, pretty fun game which I am sure will improve a bit with patches.
Old 08-31-2013, 04:14 PM   #13
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone figure out a better way to scout? Playing offline franchise (I know I'm boring) but you don't get enough points to scout most players and key attributes, so how do you draft? Based on what?
Like the game play so far, glad they brought back the franchise mode.
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:42 AM   #14
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

in last year's version, i scouted the "awareness" attribute alone for all players in the positions i was keying in on. I would then, only scout (invest points) in players further if they had an awareness that was a B or better.
The Following User Says Thank You to bubbsy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2013, 09:56 PM   #15
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

I found the cameras, and you can change to "legacy" which helps, I also turned the game play to slow. Still find it a little harder to tackle downfield, something's still not right, but the game is fun.

bubbsy has a good strategy. If you want a speedster, stretch the field WR, scout speed only to narrow the field. Looking for a cover corner, man and zone coverage, then speed. I like it, you don't get all the info. Fog of War and all.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:46 AM   #16
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteLFan View Post
players continue to disappear off my screen and never seem to reappear.
Only played it once over at my buddy's (the physical game, not the demo), and this happened a couple times. I was in a goal line D on 3rd & short and an invisible player I didn't even know was there caught an inside slant for a TD. The ball just sat there hovering in the end zone, and then spiked itself. It was interesting.

We had 9 INT's between the 2 of us on All-Pro, but we may just suck and getting used to a new game. In one instance I caught an INT, fully in bounds and not close to the sideline, and it just went down as an incomplete pass somehow. Is the game always this glitchy? Or does he just have a dud copy
Sainters7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:22 PM   #17
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

25? Wow. I haven't played it in 20+ years. How does it stack up to Tecmo Bowl? I still play only Tecmo Bowl.
Buff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:06 PM   #18
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
25? Wow. I haven't played it in 20+ years. How does it stack up to Tecmo Bowl? I still play only Tecmo Bowl.
tecmo superbowl = best nfl game ever made.

no other game has ever come close.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:44 PM   #19
Cheerio
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Is it possible to have 2 player offline franchise mode in this game? Or is it like 2013 where you can only play 1 player offline franchise?
Cheerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:06 PM   #20
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^I believe you could play 32 player offline franchise if you really wanted to.