Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2020, 10:54 PM   #1
Bingo
Owner

Exp:
Default Habs 2 Flames 0

Game Takes:
Habs 2 Flames 0

- Flames no show in Montreal
- Third period push too little too late
- Mangiapane falls down several times
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2020, 06:38 AM   #2
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Maybe it's time to break up the Hamonic/Hanafin pairing. Since getting totally dominated in the playoff series against the Avs they just haven't been a good pairing.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 06:48 AM   #3
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Thanks for pointing out the Mangiapane thing.

It really is bizarre how often he falls down with absolutely no one around him, no pressure coming at him, or even a bad patch on the ice where others have no issue.

Maybe Dawn Braid needs to get a hold of him for a bunch of one on one training?
Old 01-14-2020, 06:49 AM   #4
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Maybe it's time to break up the Hamonic/Hanafin pairing. Since getting totally dominated in the playoff series against the Avs they just haven't been a good pairing.
Yeah there is something to this. Does not explain being shut out for the 6th time this year though.

Frustrating team and even when they are winning, very seldom do they look more than average in doing so.
Old 01-14-2020, 07:59 AM   #5
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

100% agree with your take on the Tkachuk/Kassian stuff.

Also the issue that the Flames trail a lot. There is a stat that shows they have spent more time trailing this season than all but the bottom feeder teams. That is immensely concerning.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2020, 08:51 AM   #6
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
100% agree with your take on the Tkachuk/Kassian stuff.

Also the issue that the Flames trail a lot. There is a stat that shows they have spent more time trailing this season than all but the bottom feeder teams. That is immensely concerning.
It's either they're lucky as hell.

Or they have the skill to pull themselves out of jail more often than not.

Probably a bit of both.

Bottom line for me is Ward's comments last night. If the team honestly has a work ethic issue then Treliving is going to have an interesting summer.
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2020, 09:00 AM   #7
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

No kidding. The players with the highest skill also have the most questionable work ethic.

Move out the skill for heart and wind up losing for new reasons. Will be hard to navigate.
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 09:18 AM   #8
I_H8_Crawford
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
It's either they're lucky as hell.

Or they have the skill to pull themselves out of jail more often than not.

Probably a bit of both.

Bottom line for me is Ward's comments last night. If the team honestly has a work ethic issue then Treliving is going to have an interesting summer.
As someone who missed everything last night, what did Ward day?
I_H8_Crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 12:00 PM   #9
Off the Wall
Draft Pick

Newbie here. Been reading for years. Love this place. Not sure how moderation works , however it took 2 months to finally get accepted here. Must be a tough crowd.

I tell stories. Lots of em. So just scroll by if you hate stories. I’ll do my best to limit them, however I’m “off the wall” so no guarantees.

I’ll say one thing. This team of ours reminds me of my dogs. Sometimes they’ll pee on teams ( hello Oiler’s) Sometimes gets pee’d on. Hello Montreal.
No rhyme, no reason. Just cuz.

I might be crazy, not sure. Dr says not, however he’ wears clown shoes and a red nose. Reminds me of someone...
Can’t remember who!
Cheers!
Off the Wall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 12:21 PM   #10
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off the Wall View Post
Newbie here. Been reading for years. Love this place. Not sure how moderation works , however it took 2 months to finally get accepted here. Must be a tough crowd...
Welcome! It is the toughest of crowds limited to only the very best of the interwebs.

Quote:
I tell stories. Lots of em. So just scroll by if you hate stories. I’ll do my best to limit them, however I’m “off the wall” so no guarantees.

I’ll say one thing. This team of ours reminds me of my dogs. Sometimes they’ll pee on teams ( hello Oiler’s) Sometimes gets pee’d on. Hello Montreal.
No rhyme, no reason. Just cuz...

... your dogs pee on each other?

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project

Last edited by Textcritic; 01-14-2020 at 12:30 PM.
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2020, 12:42 PM   #11
Off the Wall
Draft Pick

Thanks friend!
Well mostly the male pees on the female whilst she conducts her business. Should I be concerned? I thought that was completely normal.
Old 01-14-2020, 12:48 PM   #12
Flames0910
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_H8_Crawford View Post
As someone who missed everything last night, what did Ward day?
Also missed this and am curious to hear what Ward said!
Flames0910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 12:49 PM   #13
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off the Wall View Post
Thanks friend!
Well mostly the male pees on the female whilst she conducts her business. Should I be concerned? I thought that was completely normal.
I can't say I have seen it often, although I am quite sure it does not constitute much beyond that your dog may just be weird. Weird is okay.

Quote:
The Following User Says Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2020, 12:51 PM   #14
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames0910 View Post
Also missed this and am curious to hear what Ward said!
It’s quite easy to visit calgaryflames.com and pull up the videos and find the post game press conference by the coach. I doubt you need us to do all the work of finding this for you when you’re capable of finding it yourself.
Flames Draft Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 12:54 PM   #15
Flames0910
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher View Post
It’s quite easy to visit calgaryflames.com and pull up the videos and find the post game press conference by the coach. I doubt you need us to do all the work of finding this for you when you’re capable of finding it yourself.
Ya god forbid we derail the dogs peeing on each other conversation.

Some of us work in offices where we can't pull up the post game video. It was mentioned in the thread so I hardly see how asking for the jist of what was said is off topic. This forum summarizes live radio interviews and press conferences all the time.
Flames0910 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Flames0910 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2020, 12:55 PM   #16
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames0910 View Post
Ya god forbid we derail the dogs peeing on each other conversation.

Some of us work in offices where we can't pull up the post game video. It was mentioned in the thread so I hardly see how asking for the jist of what was said is off topic. This forum summarizes live radio interviews and press conferences all the time.
It's not off topic. Takes quite a bit of work to re-listen to the interview and transcribe it for you. I mean you could have listened to it last night or this morning after work or before work.

You want the off the top of my head 5 second summary of a 3+ minute long clip? Ward said the Flames weren't emotionally engaged. It's a poor substitute for actually listening to Ward though.
Flames Draft Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 01:10 PM   #17
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Well, that was unnecessarily snarky...

Quote:
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2020, 02:02 PM   #18
icecube
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
S T F U grumpy pants
icecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to icecube For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2020, 05:34 PM   #19
Off the Wall
Draft Pick

My dogs are so different . One boy , one girl. The perfect family? Not exactly.The girl likes to rise at the crack of dawn, looking out the window to see if anything has changed overnight. Nothing has, but that doesn’t dissuade her rooster like instincts. Love it when she barks at goldfish farting at that time in the morning. So fun!

The boy, he’s another story. Grunts if you dare wake him from his bliss, even if it’s 10:00am in the morning. Don’t touch him, he’s dead. He’ needs his coffee. Which I haven’t figured out what that is yet.

My wife’s dog ( the female) is a cat. Won’t pee if it’s raining out. Nope, gotta prance around like a show horse, fearing to get each paw wet at the same time. Refuses to relieve herself in such horrific conditions. My word, where’s my dry spot so I can make it wet? Johnny Sockey, my boy the sleeper, has no difficulty peeing outside,even if he has to lay-on my face to wake me at 3:00am. And he frequently does., especially if I don’t rise immediately. And then once outside, proceeds to let out eye dropper amounts of fluid while I scream, “Seriously, you’re 4. You don’t have a prostrate problem! Piss off” Thus the shopping bags under my eyes. One day I swear he’s gonna suffocate me to death. So if I die in my sleep Johnny will be the culprit and probably culminate the act by pissing on me cuz I can’t take him out. Cuz I’m dead. Good boy.

I love them both but they each drive me bonkers for very different reasons.

So much for my dogs habits. How bout them Flames?
Two different dogs. Two different teams. I have no idea which team is which, cuz last night it looks like they seriously peed themselves. A few nights ago, they were pissing on the opposition.
One thing that drives me bonkers about my dogs is that when “sissy girl”eventually decides to take a leak, my boy Johnny has to one-up her by pissing on her while she’s pissing. Following me? Yeah, it’s ridiculous and completely unsanitary. Not to him. It makes total sense to piss on his sister just because he’s got stuff to do and can’t wait for her two minute pond. She’s a camel. Holds it for days... I swear. Him, he’s impatient and a Dickface. Likes to pee and often . Like me, only dog.

But today I discovered a miracle. The female likes snow. Apparently the pristine white snow is perfect for peeing. Watching her, I think she’s creating some sort of string art, making geometrical patterns in the snow. Johnny, loves to frolic in the snow and forgets his sister is creating a masterpiece. Now, he just pees over top of it , rather than on her. Eureka!

If our Flames would just enjoy the snow, they’d see how they could cohabitate together in oneness and start putting together a geometric patterned art piece. A masterpiece, if you will. Culminating in wins against teams they should win against. Like Montreal. Following me?

But I won’t hold my breath, cuz Johnny already has that covered! Dickface
Old 01-14-2020, 06:15 PM   #20
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wtf
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post: