Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-27-2019, 02:18 PM   #701
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Took down the Christmas tree and all our decorations this morning. Ahhh, I can breathe again. I fataing hate clutter.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2020, 02:32 PM   #702
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

I got two job offers within an hour this morning. Feels good man. And the better one was from my first choice. Double win.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2020, 02:35 PM   #703
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I got two job offers within an hour this morning. Feels good man. And the better one was from my first choice. Double win.
No better feeling.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to peter12 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2020, 04:48 PM   #704
Party Elephant
First Line Centre

Exp:

Driving on the highway and someone coming the other way flashed their lights to indicate a cop hiding up ahead. Made my day.
Party Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Party Elephant For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2020, 06:24 PM   #705
Puppet Guy
Franchise Player

Exp:

The chance to do a good deed makes me happy:

Earlier today I'd just pulled into a parking lot, and I'd parked next to a man who has just stepped out of his car. I noticed that he was carrying a bag from a local fast-food establishment in one hand and a drink in the other. As I'm getting my bags out of the trunk I also notice that this man has dropped his items. Specifically, he has dropped them in the bed of a truck that he's just walked past. As he continues walking to the store, this man is looking furtively around and behind him, as if he's realized he has dropped his things and doesn't know where he's misplaced them. Well, being a helpful fella, I figured that I should be of assistance - I take these dropped items out from the truck bed, and place the bag of food wrappers on his windshield, firmly securing them with his windshield wiper so a gust of wind won't make him lose them again. I also placed his drink container on the spoiler of his car, setting it upright so none of the refreshing liquid inside spills (the -22 temperature helped to keep his frosty beverage frosty, so all was good. It would've been a shame to find the remnants of a milkshake to be smeared all over the car).

When I had finished my shopping, the man's car and his lost items were still in place. I thought to myself that this man will be extremely happy when he comes back, knowing that a kind stranger thought enough to not only retrieve his dropped items, but to return them to the proper owner in such a way that he could find them and remember to keep them in their proper place. I was made happy knowing that my simple deed spoke such volumes to a clumsy and forgetful man.

- Surferguy
Puppet Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 11:04 AM   #706
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Party Elephant View Post
Driving on the highway and someone coming the other way flashed their lights to indicate a cop hiding up ahead. Made my day.
I had a nice little flashing experience this morning as well. A car was driving in the dark without lights on (a common mistake these days, unfortunately). From behind I gave a couple of quick flashes, and within seconds, the driver realized, turned their tail lights on, and even gave a quick wave to thank me. It is nice when another driver "gets it".

Far too often the response is confusion, obliviousness, or even anger. A quick flash of the beams is a good little communication tool that should be universally understood, and should not be assumed to be aggressive.
Jimmy Stang is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimmy Stang For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2020, 07:37 PM   #707
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Guy View Post
The chance to do a good deed makes me happy:

Earlier today I'd just pulled into a parking lot, and I'd parked next to a man who has just stepped out of his car. I noticed that he was carrying a bag from a local fast-food establishment in one hand and a drink in the other. As I'm getting my bags out of the trunk I also notice that this man has dropped his items. Specifically, he has dropped them in the bed of a truck that he's just walked past. As he continues walking to the store, this man is looking furtively around and behind him, as if he's realized he has dropped his things and doesn't know where he's misplaced them. Well, being a helpful fella, I figured that I should be of assistance - I take these dropped items out from the truck bed, and place the bag of food wrappers on his windshield, firmly securing them with his windshield wiper so a gust of wind won't make him lose them again. I also placed his drink container on the spoiler of his car, setting it upright so none of the refreshing liquid inside spills (the -22 temperature helped to keep his frosty beverage frosty, so all was good. It would've been a shame to find the remnants of a milkshake to be smeared all over the car).

When I had finished my shopping, the man's car and his lost items were still in place. I thought to myself that this man will be extremely happy when he comes back, knowing that a kind stranger thought enough to not only retrieve his dropped items, but to return them to the proper owner in such a way that he could find them and remember to keep them in their proper place. I was made happy knowing that my simple deed spoke such volumes to a clumsy and forgetful man.

You're such a kind and thoughtful person. I'm sure if you waited long enough they would have shown their appreciation by indicating you're "#1"!!

Great writeup BTW... I thoroughly enjoyed that.
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 09:58 AM   #708
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

I recently got a parking ticket from CPA, where I know I paid during the time span. I've argued parking tickets before to no avail, even when I know I've paid. I usually don't keep receipts so that might be why my appeals have been refused in the past.

Well today my appeal got 'approved' and my ticket cancelled. First time ever! Totally wasn't expecting it and it was a shot in the dark. I must have gotten someone who has having a good Friday.

So far the weekend has started off on the right foot!
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2020, 06:28 PM   #709
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

OH. MY. GOD.....

https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/degrassi...ts-82108862819

Look at the swag you get for 75 bucks

Quote:
VIP Experience also available: $75 plus service fees VIP starts at 5:00 pm sharp (Limited spots available)
* Pre show meet and greet experience with Joey and Caitlin for an intimate backstage Q & A experience
* special custom swag bag with special gift items included
* Joey and Caitlin pre-signed 11x17 poster
* photo op with Joey and Caitlin and a giant backdrop of Degrassi Jr. High photo will be uploaded to Facebook
* first access to limited souvenir merch items available at the event
* first access to the best seats in the house.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 11:12 AM   #710
dubc80
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
I recently got a parking ticket from CPA, where I know I paid during the time span. I've argued parking tickets before to no avail, even when I know I've paid. I usually don't keep receipts so that might be why my appeals have been refused in the past.

Well today my appeal got 'approved' and my ticket cancelled. First time ever! Totally wasn't expecting it and it was a shot in the dark. I must have gotten someone who has having a good Friday.

So far the weekend has started off on the right foot!
Ha! This exact thing happened to me late last week.
I appealed mine and also got mine revoked.

I didn't keep my receipt either but when you dispute it, you can attach a file, so I sent them a screen shot of my Mastercard statement with the charge showing up.

They actually responded with the results of their investigation and it turns out I made a typo on my license plate when I typed it in.
dubc80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 02:27 PM   #711
FireFly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hit 12 weeks and had an ultrasound on Friday; baby looks great! 4.5 year old thought pictures through my belly was pretty much the coolest thing ever.

Can breathe a sign of relief now. Obviously things can happen at anytime during pregnancy but hitting this mark and having the baby look great are a huge relief.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyhands23 View Post
If edmonton wins the cup in the next decade I will buy everyone on CP a bottle of vodka.
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to FireFly For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2020, 02:46 PM   #712
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

My 2.5 year old (who suffered from seizures at 3 months old) had tests done in December after two years seizure-free, and the tests indicated that the epilepsy had gone and was likely just developmental. So now he has fully weened off his medication and hopefully we never see that again! Good riddance!
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2020, 02:48 PM   #713
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've lost 10 lbs since I started working with a fitness coach two weeks ago. Looks like UCB will soon be much fatter than me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peter12 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2020, 02:49 PM   #714
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12 View Post
I've lost 10 lbs since I started working with a fitness coach two weeks ago. Looks like UCB will soon be much fatter than me.
What sort of girly-man lets a scale determine their worth.

I have no idea how much I have lost, but my clothes fit better, I am more active and women swoon when I walk past.

All without a trainer.

Also well done, fatty.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2020, 02:52 PM   #715
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
What sort of girly-man lets a scale determine their worth.

I have no idea how much I have lost, but my clothes fit better, I am more active and women swoon when I walk past.

All without a trainer.

Also well done, fatty.
Haters gonna hate, you fat ####.
Old 01-20-2020, 02:56 PM   #716
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Haters gonna hate, you fat ####.
I'll get skinny, you will still be bald (wait unless you aren't and my post concussion memory is failing again).

Either way

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 03:01 PM   #717
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
I'll get skinny, you will still be bald (wait unless you aren't and my post concussion memory is failing again).

Either way
I am bald with a very oval head.
The Following User Says Thank You to peter12 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2020, 03:09 PM   #718
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I am bald with a very oval head.
Nice work Brain