Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-29-2020, 09:51 PM   #1181
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

“Outcry” has been a roller coaster ride. Sort of along the lines of “Making a Murderer”. Some definite moments of frustration watching it, like a juror who voted to convict so they could just go home for the night.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 11:07 AM   #1182
Tabaracci_31
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
A few of the story lines later on are a little weak and it starts to feel repetitive, so I'm glad they stopped it when they did, before it got bad. Definitely worth watching though.
Yeah, I found the start of Season 4 to be a bit grating. Just my opinion. Seasons 2 and 3 were top-notch stuff!
Tabaracci_31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 07:27 PM   #1183
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
If you’re not watching Corporate then you probably have a full, rewarding life with an adorable family and no worries whatsoever. I hate you.
Bob Odenkirk was great on last night’s episode as “Black Dog”, symbolizing depression.

Putting the suicide hotline number at the start of the episode shows that they know their demographic.
DownInFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 05:46 PM   #1184
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
Doom Patrol is really treading water this season. Feels like a whole bunch of nothing in the 5 episodes so far.

The series really misses Alan Tudyk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Yeah, it's really missing having a "big bad" who is messing around with them this season.
Little cousin Oliver isn’t doing it for you?
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 03:27 AM   #1185
calgarybornnraised
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Okay. I was fine with the first episode and I was hoping it would be the end of it, but these last episodes are now mostly Michelle and Patton and less about the EAR/ONS story. I am halfway through tonight’s episode and they barely touched on it, and what they was relevant to the cases was talked about in previous episodes. I am not sure why I feel committed to this, already knowing the outcome, but I was kind of curious about the legality aspects of using the ancestry stuff to filter out suspects.
So I waited till the final episode aired. I get what your saying,but Michelle didn’t tell the story that way. She wanted the victims to be heard. I thought it was really done well and showed her empathy. It’s just to bad she had such demons.
calgarybornnraised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 10:25 AM   #1186
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've been watching Blue Mountain State. God, such a dumb horny college show. But also very hilarious. With all the depressing stuff on the news and tv these days I needed something completely idiotic yet funny to watch.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2020, 10:36 AM   #1187
jeep991
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
I've been watching Blue Mountain State. God, such a dumb horny college show. But also very hilarious. With all the depressing stuff on the news and tv these days I needed something completely idiotic yet funny to watch.
That was a great show. There was also a movie I think, that they did after the series ended.
jeep991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 10:55 AM   #1188
Puppet Guy
Franchise Player

Exp:

We started watching Rumpole of the Bailey last night (my father in law gave me the DVD set years ago). Only two episodes in and I think I'm gonna love it.

- Surferguy
Puppet Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 04:27 AM   #1189
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ooooh, season 1 of the Great Canadian Baking Show is now available in Australia but with no copyright issues here they are actually calling it The Great Canadian Bake Off. Hearing the words "Nanaimo bar cupcakes" in the first few minutes has me excited!
Old 08-19-2020, 05:08 AM   #1190
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
Ooooh, season 1 of the Great Canadian Baking Show is now available in Australia but with no copyright issues here they are actually calling it The Great Canadian Bake Off. Hearing the words "Nanaimo bar cupcakes" in the first few minutes has me excited!
My wife loves these shows! Is there any way to watch this in the United States??? It doesn't appear to be available outside of Canada on the CBC website or app.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 07:57 AM   #1191
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Anyone watch the premiere of Lovecraft Country? It's only been one episode but it's right up my alley. Lots going for it so far, Jim Crow America and race relations, Sci Fi/Horror, a weird mix with Lovecraft (a noted racist) and the black protagonist who seems to be able to separate the art from the artist. Looking forward to the next installment.
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 08:42 AM   #1192
Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wife and I recently started "The 100" on Netflix. First couple of episodes were pretty melodramatic, but it started to strike a good balance about midway through the first season (note: still plenty of teen angst and melodrama). We're a couple of episodes into season 2. Its a delicious mix of "Lost", "Lord of the Flies", and "Beverly Hills 90210". Its a guilty pleasure to be sure, but isn't that really the best type of pleasure anyway?
Old 08-20-2020, 03:21 PM   #1193
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makarov View Post
Wife and I recently started "The 100" on Netflix. First couple of episodes were pretty melodramatic, but it started to strike a good balance about midway through the first season (note: still plenty of teen angst and melodrama). We're a couple of episodes into season 2. Its a delicious mix of "Lost", "Lord of the Flies", and "Beverly Hills 90210". Its a guilty pleasure to be sure, but isn't that really the best type of pleasure anyway?
I am slowly working through that. I enjoy about 95% if it, I could do without some of the unnecessary teen romance story-lines but it is a CW show so that is to be expected.
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 04:59 PM   #1194
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

I started The 100 with an old girlfriend when the series first came out. We both enjoyed a lot of it, but ended up having a tough time with the teen drama and melodramatic acting. I think we stopped after season 2 or 3
Old 08-23-2020, 03:07 PM   #1195
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

'Flowers' on netflix, weird British show that starts out as a comedy and then turns into something way way more than that

afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2020, 07:39 PM   #1196
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thanks to Covid I have pretty much watched all the TV I have ever wanted to watch. We will finish Dark in the next week or so which has been quite good for the most part.

Was thinking of watching Friday Night Lights, a show I hadn't really given much thought to. Kyle Chandler is always good.

The first season of 22 episodes is a little off putting. That is a ridiculous amount of television.

What's the recommendation? Worth the investment?
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 07:45 PM   #1197
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Friday night lights is best described as uneven
Season 1 is strong, some of the middle season are almost soap opera-esquette in their plots. Then it ends strong. Good for a network show. Kyle Chandler is he best thing about it
Jiri Hrdina is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2020, 07:48 PM   #1198
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Eco challenge is back on Amazon Prime. I’ve always enjoyed it but it’s beem about a decade I think since the last one
Jiri Hrdina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 08:55 PM   #1199
sleepingmoose
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
Eco challenge is back on Amazon Prime. I’ve always enjoyed it but it’s beem about a decade I think since the last one
That's what I was thinking as well, but it's actually been 17 years! Been watching the new one on Prime the last few nights, and thought it was ok - not much difference between this one and the old ones, other than video quality. They're also really toning down the "Eco-Challenge" moniker and pushing it as "The World's Toughest Race".
sleepingmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sleepingmoose For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2020, 10:33 AM   #1200
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
Thanks to Covid I have pretty much watched all the TV I have ever wanted to watch. We will finish Dark in the next week or so which has been quite good for the most part.

Was thinking of watching Friday Night Lights, a show I hadn't really given much thought to. Kyle Chandler is always good.

The first season of 22 episodes is a little off putting. That is a ridiculous amount of television.

What's the recommendation? Worth the investment?

Definitely watch Friday Night Lights! Great show. Very underrated
bigtmac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bigtmac19 For This Useful Post: