Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who do you think gets to meet Lucile first?
Glenn 66 47.14%
Rosita 0 0%
Daryl 10 7.14%
Michonne 2 1.43%
Abe 31 22.14%
Maggie 4 2.86%
Rick 2 1.43%
Sasha 2 1.43%
Aaron 7 5.00%
Carl 1 0.71%
Eugene 14 10.00%
Somebody else 1 0.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2018, 01:49 PM   #1941
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Well, he did just read a letter from his dead son. Change of philosophy in Carl's honour, perhaps? Too bad he didn't read it before all the murder this week, if so...
Is he dead? I read somewhere that people thought he was the one Negan was talking to when he stopped the car.

Now wouldnt that be a hell of a twist?

Perhaps Carl is the first of a new breed of walker that maintains their sentience despite uncontrollable bloodlust?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 01:50 PM   #1942
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Is he dead? I read somewhere that people thought he was the one Negan was talking to when he stopped the car.

Now wouldnt that be a hell of a twist?

Perhaps Carl is the first of a new breed of walker that maintains their sentience despite uncontrollable bloodlust?
People are stupid.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2018, 02:50 PM   #1943
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
People are stupid.
Hey, I'm people. So are you.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 04:01 PM   #1944
monkeyman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Carl shot himself, presumably in the head, and they buried him. That’d be one hell of a trick if it were him.
Old 04-04-2018, 07:57 AM   #1945
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyman View Post
Carl shot himself, presumably in the head, and they buried him. That’d be one hell of a trick if it were him.
Carl slid under a garbage container and shot someone else.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Otto-matic For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2018, 08:16 AM   #1946
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Well, he did just read a letter from his dead son. Change of philosophy in Carl's honour, perhaps? Too bad he didn't read it before all the murder this week, if so...
Why are people acting like he *just* read that letter? I thought he read it a long time ago and called Negan? He even referenced the letter in his call to Negan and basically told him that he didn't care what Carl said, he was still going to kill him.

Last edited by Wormius; 04-04-2018 at 08:39 AM.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2018, 08:28 AM   #1947
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

After seeing this week’s episode- I’m not sure if he read Carl’s letter to himself, or just the one Carl wrote for Negan.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 08:38 AM   #1948
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyman View Post
I'm just saying what I read. But lets be honest, with a fair bit of the negative publicity you cannot deny that perhaps there are sharks that require jumping?

I think the most logical explanation is that its the woman that escaped Dwight, but that doesnt explain why she'd look as bad as Negan portrays.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 04-04-2018, 08:42 AM   #1949
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I think the most logical explanation is that its the woman that escaped Dwight, but that doesnt explain why she'd look as bad as Negan portrays.
I think it is her. Let's look at it this way, what 2 days on the run, shot and without a weapon? She may have had to resort to some hand to hand combat with walkers to survive.

Quote:
Old 04-04-2018, 08:50 AM   #1950
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
After seeing this week’s episode- I’m not sure if he read Carl’s letter to himself, or just the one Carl wrote for Negan.
Yeah that makes sense now. Especially the phone call to Negan, I thought Rick was giving a big f-u to Carl's last wishes which seemed kind of harsh even for Rick.

The last episode was kind of confusing in that respect. I thought Michonne was talking more rhetorically, like, did Rick really get what Carl had written for him.
Old 04-04-2018, 08:56 AM   #1951
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I think it is her. Let's look at it this way, what 2 days on the run, shot and without a weapon? She may have had to resort to some hand to hand combat with walkers to survive.
Well we're talking about it so mission accomplished!

I thought the last two episodes were really good, but I do agree with some that if this is whats going on this has to be the slowest of slow-burns I have ever experienced on Television.

Granted, there are few TV shows with the history and credibility to be able to get away with it, but there still has to be a hell of a payoff at the end.

Old 04-04-2018, 08:57 AM   #1952
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Granted, there are few TV shows with the history and credibility to be able to get away with it, but there still has to be a hell of a payoff at the end.
Hell of a pay off, like Rick and Negan joining forces.

YEAH BABY!!

Quote:
Old 04-04-2018, 09:01 AM   #1953
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Hell of a pay off, like Rick and Negan joining forces.

YEAH BABY!!
Well....Carl's 'visions' or whatever seem to indicate that this is the way he was leaning.

I dont know what to think, I love the character of Negan but I made a few assumptions.

First of all that an actor of JDM Pedigree was signing on to a TV show for a short stint.

Secondly that his character has done so much damage to the group that we've been following since Day 1 that forgiveness is just not on the table.

But Carl's end and his vision of the future seem to be much different.

But at the same time if Rick and Negan join forces against an even more terrible villain its just rinse and repeat again and I dont know how I'd react to that.

And killing Negan would be fun, for a bit, but it would be more fun to keep him around. Hes cool.

Old 04-04-2018, 09:08 AM   #1954
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was starting to think the writers were going to find a way to keep Negan around, until he told the garbage lady the background of Lucille. That basically tied up most of the loose ends around his chararafter so my guess is he’ll be gone after they do an episode that explains how the saviours came to be.
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 09:16 AM   #1955
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Well....Carl's 'visions' or whatever seem to indicate that this is the way he was leaning.

I dont know what to think, I love the character of Negan but I made a few assumptions.

First of all that an actor of JDM Pedigree was signing on to a TV show for a short stint.

Secondly that his character has done so much damage to the group that we've been following since Day 1 that forgiveness is just not on the table.

But Carl's end and his vision of the future seem to be much different.

But at the same time if Rick and Negan join forces against an even more terrible villain its just rinse and repeat again and I dont know how I'd react to that.

And killing Negan would be fun, for a bit, but it would be more fun to keep him around. Hes cool.
The show is already stuck in circular rut, Negan for all intents and purposes is the Governor (an evil force that destroyed Rick et al's peaceful lives). That is why I think the bringing together of Negan and Rick would be a coup. It should show and need quality writing to not look put on or forced. As history has shown a common enemy can make strange bedfellows. If not a reconciliation, perhaps a detente while they address a greater threat to both of their "communities".

Quote:
Old 04-04-2018, 11:15 AM   #1956
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The show is already stuck in circular rut, Negan for all intents and purposes is the Governor (an evil force that destroyed Rick et al's peaceful lives). That is why I think the bringing together of Negan and Rick would be a coup. It should show and need quality writing to not look put on or forced. As history has shown a common enemy can make strange bedfellows. If not a reconciliation, perhaps a detente while they address a greater threat to both of their "communities".
There are only two episodes left though. That's just not enough time to develop that kind of story arc. Something like that would probably take 4 or 5 episodes to flesh out, as you'd have to introduce this new enemy and somehow get Rick and Negan on the same side.

If the writers are planning on keeping Negan around for next season, then obviously they could do it. But I just don't see that happening (as much as I'd like it to). This entire season has been building up to a big final battle between Rick/Maggie and Negan, and I'm guessing that's where we're headed in these final 2 episodes.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 11:34 AM   #1957
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Interesting, I didn't think about it being her, it's definitely plausible.

I was thinking it may be Gregory. He escaped from the pen with the others and took off. But he wasn't at the bar when Rick & Morgy showed up.

I was thinking he wasn't welcome at Hilltop and probably wasn't welcome around the escapees so he would have split off and headed for the Sanctuary on his own.
Old 04-04-2018, 11:50 AM   #1958
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fun fact the actor who plays Gregory was Todd in Terminator 2.

Anyway, it's probably Laura though, and so the dilemma would be how to deal with conniving Dwight and conniving Simon when he gets back. I also don't know what is going on with Eugene. Does Negan suspect something, or is it just him trying to keep people on edge?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2018, 11:58 AM   #1959
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

He was also George Mason in 24!
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 12:07 PM   #1960
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-matic View Post
He was also George Mason in 24!
Who is like, the exact opposite of Gregory, which is pretty funny.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post: