Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-24-2018, 09:04 AM   #221
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Sabres being ahead of the "greatest team in the history of everything/let's give them the Cup before we've played a game" Toronto Maple Leafs.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 04:53 PM   #222
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

wrmmh..... smoking 5lbs of beef jerky today in preparation of tomorrow's grey cup game! GO STAMPS GO!!!!

**i sure hope there is some jerky left for the game! ha!
Old 11-24-2018, 05:49 PM   #223
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc-chris View Post
wrmmh..... smoking 5lbs of beef jerky today in preparation of tomorrow's grey cup game! GO STAMPS GO!!!!

**i sure hope there is some jerky left for the game! ha!
Better be some for me in the mail
Old 11-25-2018, 09:18 AM   #224
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
Better be some for me in the mail

i feel really bad for the canada post 'sniffer dogs'.... they must go nuts!!!

Old 11-25-2018, 11:32 AM   #225
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
The Sabres being ahead of everyone
Fixed.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2018, 04:34 PM   #226
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

One of my kids left a library book on the C-Train during the LoveYYC day. Somebody was kind enough to return it to the library. Thank you contentious person.
Old 11-25-2018, 04:35 PM   #227
keratosis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Grey cups.
keratosis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to keratosis For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2018, 08:45 PM   #228
Puppet Guy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Had my sister, my brother in law and my nieces over tonight to watch the Grey Cup. And the Stamps brought it home. A good day.

- Surferguy
Puppet Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 11:13 PM   #229
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc-chris View Post
i feel really bad for the canada post 'sniffer dogs'.... they must go nuts!!!

Just my luck they'll open the package, find the jerky and keep it for themselves.

Btw which flavour are you sending me this time?
Old 11-27-2018, 06:44 PM   #230
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

I reported two poachers today. It was awesome but it kind of also makes me not want to live on this planet anymore. No more guns for two dumb f'cks thinking they could shoot deer from the road. They'll get several criminal charges and loads of fines and maybe even jail time. Their truck was towed and all their stuff seized. I'm pretty pissed they killed a buck I'd been watching all year. But I'm thrilled this will cost them tens of thousands and a great deal of legal grief. The officer was really mad and was charging them with stuff I'd never even heard of.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 11:52 AM   #231
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
I reported two poachers today. It was awesome but it kind of also makes me not want to live on this planet anymore. No more guns for two dumb f'cks thinking they could shoot deer from the road. They'll get several criminal charges and loads of fines and maybe even jail time. Their truck was towed and all their stuff seized. I'm pretty pissed they killed a buck I'd been watching all year. But I'm thrilled this will cost them tens of thousands and a great deal of legal grief. The officer was really mad and was charging them with stuff I'd never even heard of.

Did you take a video of the nimrods? I wonder if they could deny the charges because it's your word vs theirs?

Great job btw. What were some of the other charges?
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 01:08 PM   #232
brocoli
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I just got a text from my ex that after 2+ years of separation she is finally filing court docs for divorce. I can't stop smiling knowing that I can finally have closure with that chapter in my life. It's a Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday to me all rolled into one
brocoli is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to brocoli For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2018, 01:58 PM   #233
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
Did you take a video of the nimrods? I wonder if they could deny the charges because it's your word vs theirs?

Great job btw. What were some of the other charges?

They were caught red handed, deer in hand walking back to their truck parked on the road with the hazzards on. The officer was in Turner Valley and got there within minutes. They literally were dragging the gutted deer through a field about a hundred meters from the road towards their truck. So my statement is pretty well all he needed. I did take pics though and was standing at their truck with my phone waiting for them to return. I definitely would have filmed everything had the officer not got there.

The officer said criminal charges were mostly firearms offenses, careless just about everything to do with firearms, careless use, storage, transportation, discharge etc. Poaching charges, reckless endangerment and trespassing. There were a few charges under the traffic act as well which would ensure they could seize the car. The big one there is a charge regarding using a vehicle for illegal hunting purposes. Wildlife Act charges included firing across a road, trespassing for hunting, firing across a ditch and fence, firing near a utility, firing at an unsafe distance from buildings, wasting flesh and leaving flesh to rot...I guess technically the guts have to go too when you're on private land. And hunting without permission, without tags and with an unregistered gun (also criminal). There were a few more. I'm not sure my terminology is correct on the names of the charges. The officer was just rattling them off quickly. Still makes me mad.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OMG!WTF! For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2018, 02:11 PM   #234
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
They were caught red handed, deer in hand walking back to their truck parked on the road with the hazzards on. The officer was in Turner Valley and got there within minutes. They literally were dragging the gutted deer through a field about a hundred meters from the road towards their truck. So my statement is pretty well all he needed. I did take pics though and was standing at their truck with my phone waiting for them to return. I definitely would have filmed everything had the officer not got there.

The officer said criminal charges were mostly firearms offenses, careless just about everything to do with firearms, careless use, storage, transportation, discharge etc. Poaching charges, reckless endangerment and trespassing. There were a few charges under the traffic act as well which would ensure they could seize the car. The big one there is a charge regarding using a vehicle for illegal hunting purposes. Wildlife Act charges included firing across a road, trespassing for hunting, firing across a ditch and fence, firing near a utility, firing at an unsafe distance from buildings, wasting flesh and leaving flesh to rot...I guess technically the guts have to go too when you're on private land. And hunting without permission, without tags and with an unregistered gun (also criminal). There were a few more. I'm not sure my terminology is correct on the names of the charges. The officer was just rattling them off quickly. Still makes me mad.

Thankfully you were there this time. This likely isn't the first time these clowns have done this.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2018, 02:18 PM   #235
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
Thankfully you were there this time. This likely isn't the first time these clowns have done this.

Yeah it's pretty weird they were so out in the open about it too. It was on the road from the Millarville market to Black Diamond. 192 st. It's a nice paved road. There are houses all along it. 10am. Makes you wonder.
Old 12-04-2018, 11:55 PM   #236
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

My robot vacuum cleaner might just be my new favourite thing
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2018, 07:28 AM   #237
cupofjoe
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah it's pretty weird they were so out in the open about it too. It was on the road from the Millarville market to Black Diamond. 192 st. It's a nice paved road. There are houses all along it. 10am. Makes you wonder.

Wow, I drive that road every once in a while and you would have to be a special kind of stupid to do that there. Good job btw!
cupofjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cupofjoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2018, 03:19 PM   #238
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

A small thing, but not having facebook, and not having to deal with toxic people on there really makes me happy. Especially with two elections looming large. I deleted it all over a year ago, and it has made my life and relationships with friends and family so much better.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2018, 03:27 PM   #239
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
A small thing, but not having facebook, and not having to deal with toxic people on there really makes me happy. Especially with two elections looming large. I deleted it all over a year ago, and it has made my life and relationships with friends and family so much better.
Good move.

I still have it but deleted the app, so only go on about once a month when I remember it exists. Also only having family and really close friends on it is nice too. No politics, no whining, just log on, see some cool pictures my Grandma and Great Aunt post back and forth, see a wedding announcement from a cousin, log back off.
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 11:21 AM   #240
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

A lady at work brought her two puppies in.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote