Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2018, 08:40 PM   #21
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Urge to care..... still fading

Last edited by btimbit; 04-05-2018 at 09:25 PM.
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2018, 08:40 PM   #22
Willi Plett
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by codynw View Post
What makes you say that? Where is he going?
Away. EOM
Willi Plett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 08:41 PM   #23
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
Expecting a buyout probably.
Wishful thinking IMO
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 08:42 PM   #24
bigrangy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by codynw View Post
What makes you say that? Where is he going?
Just not here

AHL
Bought out and in Europe
Traded to a team stupid enough to want him

Anywhere but here
Old 04-05-2018, 08:42 PM   #25
Moneyhands23
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
I wouldn't be so sure. The media puppets have been going on this huge patience rants the past few days.

God we can hope for a new coach. But there's some unbelieveable reaching and grasping at straws going on. Trying to relate the Flames woes to how the Jets were built through patience with Chevy and that coach guy they have..

If I follow not what they're saying but the overall direction of where they want things to go on the radio. Gully may just be back.

If GG is back I have a feeling the Flames will see a drastic reduction in ticket sales and may really take on some revenue sharing. I know I wont be purchasing centre ice next year if he is back, or planning my usual couple trips to see them play.
Moneyhands23 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Moneyhands23 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2018, 08:44 PM   #26
EM11
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
I wouldn't be so sure. The media puppets have been going on this huge patience rants the past few days.

God we can hope for a new coach. But there's some unbelieveable reaching and grasping at straws going on. Trying to relate the Flames woes to how the Jets were built through patience with Chevy and that coach guy they have..

If I follow not what they're saying but the overall direction of where they want things to go on the radio. Gully may just be back.
I agree, it's feeling like the idea is planted. Kerr and Steinberg were definitely trending in this direction the last few days. And then in a few years we can go "oops, we were not the Winnipeg Jets or Nashville Predators. Oh well."
EM11 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EM11 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2018, 08:45 PM   #27
Mike F
Franchise Player

Exp:

Took the opportunity to re-watch Grand Budapest Hotel on Netflix. Such a good film.

"Take your hands off my Lobby Boy!"
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mike F For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2018, 08:45 PM   #28
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Good thing GMs don't make their decisions based on what the media says. Treliving isn't dumb. I still have faith that he'll do the right thing and that Gully will be shown the door at the end of the season.
direwolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 08:45 PM   #29
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Just gonna quote myself here and say the Flames can never be built like the Jets. The jets don't trade all their pick and when they finally did, they went and got a very useful veteran center.
Old 04-05-2018, 08:46 PM   #30
Nsd1
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:

The Jets have shown progression though. Plus they got lucky and got Laine. The Flames have regressed. Early in the season people talked about being patient as it takes time to learn the system. If the players haven't learned it by now or have learned it and this is the result, then there's nothing indicating the being patient with this coaching staff is the way to go.
Nsd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nsd1 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2018, 08:46 PM   #31
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Quick someone reassure me that Incognito and his source are reliable!
Toonage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 08:47 PM   #32
Moneyhands23
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EM11 View Post
I agree, it's feeling like the idea is planted. Kerr and Steinberg were definitely trending in this direction the last few days. And then in a few years we can go "oops, we were not the Winnipeg Jets or Nashville Predators. Oh well."

Man I hope this isn't true. Im betting we will see some trade requests next year if he is back and the team stumbles out of the block. To me it looks like the players are not buying in at all and dont beleive in GG or his system.
Old 04-05-2018, 08:48 PM   #33
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
Good thing GMs don't make their decisions based on what the media says. Treliving isn't dumb. I still have faith that he'll do the right thing and that Gully will be shown the door at the end of the season.
That is not what I am saying at all. I'm saying they've been given the directive to "sell" the patience idea.

Last edited by dammage79; 04-05-2018 at 08:59 PM.
dammage79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 08:48 PM   #34
Moneyhands23
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike F View Post
Took the opportunity to re-watch Grand Budapest Hotel on Netflix. Such a good film.

"Take your hands off my Lobby Boy!"
So funny! Maybe give "Big Trouble in Little China" a go next game night!
Old 04-05-2018, 08:50 PM   #35
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
Incognito
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 08:54 PM   #36
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm pretty confident that Gulutzan is gone. It's just a matter of when. He's done nothing these last two years to show Treliving he should be patient and keep him around. It's been two years of frustrating underachieving hockey.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 08:54 PM   #37
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Thats is not what I am saying at all. I'm saying theyve been given the directive to "sell" the patience idea.
Ahh, ok. Gotcha. In that case, then yea, that's a frightening thought indeed.

I don't know about the rest of you, but if Gulutzan is back next year, I'm honestly not sure if I can stomach following this team anymore...at least until Treliving does the right thing and replaces the incompetent buffoons currently coaching the team. I've been a die hard fan of the team since they first came to Calgary in 1980, and I've suffered through some terrible years with terrible rosters. But I don't remember ever being this frustrated with the Flames. This is a new low for this franchise right now.
direwolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 08:54 PM   #38
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Flames are nowhere near the Jets in terms of being allowed to be "patient" with their coach. We haven't built up anywhere near as well as they have.

Kerr in his segmented rant today went off on being patient. Knows full well the fanbase wants blood and a head on a platter. said we may get a little bit of that.

MY personal Prediction? Gully keeps his job but is bubblewrapped in veteran assistants who will take his job at some point in the season. i.e not hand picked by Gully.

Last edited by dammage79; 04-05-2018 at 09:13 PM.
dammage79 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dammage79 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2018, 08:54 PM   #39
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post
Are we there yet?
Nope. Zone entry too fast to be us.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2018, 08:55 PM   #40
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
Quick someone reassure me that Incognito and his source are reliable!
What did they say?