Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2024, 01:32 AM   #2261
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boblobla View Post
This sounds like an absolute nightmare of constant barking and ####ting.
Surprisingly, not at all. It's a very old school neighborhood reminiscent of the days when everyone knew everyone. Everyone knows everyone. Everyone's dogs are behaved except for the lady with 2 mini Assuies. Ones super friendly but gets wriled up from the more anxious one.

Everyone picks up there dogs poop. The neighborhood is pretty close knit . We are the newest people to move here . Most have been here 10 plus years the majority over 20. If you don't do it 1 time everyone finds out lol.
combustiblefuel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 10:32 AM   #2262
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

My neighbourhood is riddled with big barking dogs, my neighbours are horrible for letting their dog just bark and it barks at everything, can't go into the back yard without barking. My dogs antagonize this sometimes before I stop them but they don't bark they just run back and forth along the fence. Now just this week to my delight they now have two more puppies and the kids are teaching them to bark just nicely but playing the taunt the dog and run game.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 10:35 AM   #2263
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
My neighbourhood is riddled with big barking dogs, my neighbours are horrible for letting their dog just bark and it barks at everything, can't go into the back yard without barking. My dogs antagonize this sometimes before I stop them but they don't bark they just run back and forth along the fence. Now just this week to my delight they now have two more puppies and the kids are teaching them to bark just nicely but playing the taunt the dog and run game.
Location checks out.
fotze2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fotze2 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2024, 10:41 AM   #2264
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotze2 View Post
Location checks out.
You reminded me this data is available(use the filters on the right to select dogs and 1 year):

https://data.calgary.ca/Services-and...-Map/nrfm-bzhx

If I ever move, I'll be checking this map for the lowest density dog zone. I wonder if Airdrie has this type of map?
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 11:00 AM   #2265
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

LOL, Cranston has 17,144 dog registrations and about 20,000 people. That's a lot of daily dog doo-doo.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 06:34 PM   #2266
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://calgaryherald.com/news/local...-in-a-dog-park

Dog attack in off-leash park leads to assault on woman: police

At approximately 12:30 p.m. on Wednesday, a woman was walking her dog in the north end of Sue Higgins Park. Her dog was allegedly attacked by a dog belonging to an unknown man. Following this, an argument ensued, according to a news release issued Friday.

Police say it is believed the woman attempted to record the interaction before the man knocked the phone out of her hand and pushed her to the ground.

The release states that the woman screamed and the man threw her phone over a fence before taking off in an unknown direction.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 06:45 PM   #2267
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Oh weird, a pitbull owner.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 06:55 PM   #2268
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Going back to that incident in Edmonton where the kid was murdered by the dogs, the owner fully admits that the dogs don't like male humans. I have come across this a lot myself where a dog growls or barks at me, and the owner apologizes and explains that the dog doesn't like men.

I was reading up on this, and many people assume because the dog doesn't like men, it is because a man must have abused the dog in the past, but apparently although this can be the case, it usually isn't. It is usually just because men sound and look different (tend to be bigger and have deeper voices), and the dogs aren't socialized enough. Apparently hats, which men more often than women, can freak them out as well because the shade covers the face. There are also times when a male dog has an "alpha" complex that extends not just to other dogs, but to male humans.

I personally don't think it should be acceptable to have dogs, especially large dangerous dogs, that hate a specific gender. If I had a dangerous and potentially lethal animal that hated women specifically, it would probably be seen as anti-social behaviour to keep such an animal or bring it out in public.

Last edited by FlamesAddiction; 04-12-2024 at 07:06 PM.
FlamesAddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 09:40 PM   #2269
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...bear-1.7172623

A woman killed while picking blueberries on a farm east of Vancouver was initially thought to have died in a bear attack in August 2021, but a newly released coroner's report says she was mauled by dogs from another property.

The report says the dogs responsible for the death of 54-year-old Ping (Amy) Guo at a Pitt Meadows farm were only identified after their DNA was tested when another person died 17 months later at the neighbouring home.

"Guo died of multiple blunt and sharp force injuries sustained in an unwitnessed canid attack," says the report completed last June.

A DNA profile was created, but the dogs responsible for the attack weren't identified until another person died at the home next to the blueberry farm in January 2023.

The coroner's report says the dogs were euthanized shortly after.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 10:18 PM   #2270
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

This seems like a real easy problem to fix. This website basically says that 1-2 breeds are responsible for 69-80% of all dog attacks (lol, wtf? Such an easy problem to fix then?). Pitbulls and rottweilers. Ban them. The end?

https://www.animalhealthfoundation.o...-know-in-2023/

Among 4.5 Million Bite Victims, Half Are Children (CDC)

The Third Deadliest Creature on Earth is Dog (Statista)

Among 46 Dog Bite Related Fatalities in 2019, 33 Were Caused by Pit Bulls (Dogsbite.org)

From 2010-2021, There Were 430 Fatal Dog Bites, Among Which Pitbulls Are Responsible for 185, and Another 41 Were Pitbull Mixes Which Account for 60% (Injury Lawyers)

Ban ####in pitbulls already. Can people or should people have lions and tigers walking them around neighborhoods? No? Why not? Enough is enough?
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Coffee For This Useful Post:

Tags
dog attack puppy barking