Exp:

Really looking forward to this.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2018, 07:42 PM   #2082
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

I don’t get everyone getting upset over “the pig”.

I don’t remember it being that bad.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:12 PM   #2083
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frequitude View Post
Strong recommendation for Manhunt: Unabomber.

Only issue is I now find myself somewhat thinking the freaking Unabomber was onto something with his worldview and manifesto. Living off the land in the middle of nowhere is slightly more appealing this morning. WTF.

I was conflicted a bit about that too. That it’s possible to sympathize with him is uncomfortable.

I wonder about his message and how he conveyed it. If he has been nonviolent, it would have probably just been lost in the noise; but with the notoriety of the bombings, the message got out there but now it’s attributed to such horrendous acts that it’s reasonable to reject it as coming from a nut job or that ideas like his are now tainted by the association.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2018, 10:17 AM   #2084
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Black Mirror was excellent as usual... there's bound to be a few gems, but mixed with a few meh episodes too.

Episode 4, hang the DJ was a bit predictable, but i think the chemistry between the two leads really had me rooting for them.

Episode 1, not sure if people noticed, but the captain was Jesse from Breaking Bad...so listen carefully to the last voiceover

Ep 3 was beautifully shot, i had a tough time understanding the motivations of the woman however...great opening tho.

Ep 6 was really good... really interesting how they show that universe being interconnected.

Ep 2 was a great concept and something you could see happening...

Ep 5 was the only episode i was lukewarm on...decent, but a lot time spent for that ending
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 04:50 PM   #2085
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolcalgary View Post
Black Mirror was excellent as usual... there's bound to be a few gems, but mixed with a few meh episodes too.

Episode 4, hang the DJ was a bit predictable, but i think the chemistry between the two leads really had me rooting for them.

Episode 1, not sure if people noticed, but the captain was Jesse from Breaking Bad...so listen carefully to the last voiceover

Ep 3 was beautifully shot, i had a tough time understanding the motivations of the woman however...great opening tho.

Ep 6 was really good... really interesting how they show that universe being interconnected.

Ep 2 was a great concept and something you could see happening...

Ep 5 was the only episode i was lukewarm on...decent, but a lot time spent for that ending
There was a great list of easter eggs around for season 4.

I wasn't really a big fan of "Hang of the DJ" as others were. It didn't hit the right level of dystopian for me. The chemistry and likeability of the leads made it an easy watch, but not very satisfying if that makes sense.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2018, 05:56 PM   #2086
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
To clarify, the captain was played by Jesse Plemons, who played Todd on Breaking Bad, not Aaron Paul, who played Jesse on Breaking Bad.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:38 PM   #2087
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
To clarify, the captain was played by Jesse Plemons, who played Todd on Breaking Bad, not Aaron Paul, who played Jesse on Breaking Bad.
He also played Ed the Butcher on Fargo. Love Fargo.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 11:36 PM   #2088
V
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Of course, Aaron Paul played the gamer that they ran into at the end of the episode. So he was in there too.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 11:56 PM   #2089
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by V View Post
Of course, Aaron Paul played the gamer that they ran into at the end of the episode. So he was in there too.

And Kirsten Dunst, who was Jesse Plemon’s wife in Fargo.
Old 01-07-2018, 12:11 AM   #2090
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Netflix Canada Discussion

Terminator 2 showed up. God I love this movie. It’s probably amongst the most perfect sci-fi movies made along with The Matrix and Back to the Future. I wish James Cameron would get back to making movies like this.

Last edited by Wormius; 01-07-2018 at 01:17 AM. Reason: “Movie” not “money”
Old 01-07-2018, 01:01 AM   #2091
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Terminator 2 showed up. God I love this money. It’s probably amongst the most perfect sci-fi movies made along with The Matrix and Back to the Future. I wish James Cameron would get back to making movies like this.
its really stood the test of time well...

not sure if you know this but Cameron is going to be the executive producer on the next Terminator film... while he won't be directing, he'll be supervising everything...i am sure one of the reasons he's taking this challenge on is to 'fix' the series. my understanding is he is wiping the slate clean and rebooting right after T2... so all the movies that follow are essentially erased...

thank god for time travel!

http://ew.com/movies/2017/09/20/james-cameron-linda-hamilton-next-terminator-movie/
The Following User Says Thank You to oldschoolcalgary For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2018, 01:11 AM   #2092
Guest1

Watched Straight outta Compton tonight. Was amazeballs. Acting was great! I listened to the music a bit growing up and it gives a lot of backstory to NWA. I kept pausing the movie and looking up more facts about all the different artists. I didn't know/forgot Easy E died of AIDS. A really good good movie!
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2018, 03:33 AM   #2093
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
its really stood the test of time well...

not sure if you know this but Cameron is going to be the executive producer on the next Terminator film... while he won't be directing, he'll be supervising everything...i am sure one of the reasons he's taking this challenge on is to 'fix' the series. my understanding is he is wiping the slate clean and rebooting right after T2... so all the movies that follow are essentially erased...

thank god for time travel!

http://ew.com/movies/2017/09/20/james-cameron-linda-hamilton-next-terminator-movie/

From the article it looks like he is writing it, which is encouraging. I hope it gets off the ground though. I mean, I think Cameron has pretty much carte-blanche, so I guess it’s really up to him if it’s a priority to make another Terminator movie.
Old 01-07-2018, 02:36 PM   #2094
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

I hope they "Kurt Russell/Guardians fo the Galaxy 2" Arnie because old Terminator isn't as awesome as fresh Terminator.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 03:14 PM   #2095
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
I hope they "Kurt Russell/Guardians fo the Galaxy 2" Arnie because old Terminator isn't as awesome as fresh Terminator.

It looked pretty bad when they tried to do that in Terminator: Salvation. If they don’t get the special effects right, it’s going to look bad, especially when people are playing it in the future on their 12000K TVs. Maybe they could just go with a more the elderly scientist who modelled the T100 after himself.
Old 01-07-2018, 03:20 PM   #2096
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

They got Russell right but it was likely also helped by the lighting in the scene. Not sure it would hold up over a full movie.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 03:30 PM   #2097
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
From the article it looks like he is writing it, which is encouraging. I hope it gets off the ground though. I mean, I think Cameron has pretty much carte-blanche, so I guess it’s really up to him if it’s a priority to make another Terminator movie.
hoping for the best... gotta believe that Cameron's has had a lot of different ideas rattling through his head since the days of T2, while also checking out the terrible movies that followed...

i didn't realize he would also be involved in writing, so i am even more optimistic..

will be interesting... fingers and toes crossed!
Old 01-07-2018, 04:42 PM   #2098
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Finally got around to watching Bright last night. I was thoroughly entertained. My only gripe was that Will Smith being a bright himself was too much cheese. I really disagree with a lot of the negative reviews.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 09:24 PM   #2099
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

I can’t believe anyone would like Bright.

The writing was very bad, and the plot is complete nonsense.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wastedyouth For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2018, 11:28 PM   #2100
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

I've been working my way through Black Mirror after hearing so much about it, and it's a great show. Normally I'm not one to let what I watch on TV affect me, so through the first 2 seasons of episodes I was having fun watching the dystopian future stuff. Then I watched White Christmas, and after that I had to turn the TV off. That episode just got more mentally terrifying as it went along and the ending was such a gut punch

Spoiler!

So ya, the writers are creative geniuses but now I have to take a break
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote