Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2021, 11:28 AM   #4641
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

For anybody that want's headphones compatible with multiple systems / PC, and if you don't want to spend a fortune then I like these.

https://steelseries.com/gaming-heads...-wireless-xbox

Has the USB-C dongle with the switch for PC vs XBox, and I've used them on a Series X, PS5, Nintendo Switch.

Great value to have a single headset that can be used across multiple devices as well. Pretty sure it's actually the same drivers and internal components as the much more expensive 9x as well.

Edit: Shipping from steelseries is a pain, I got them from microsoft https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/d/st...%3aoverviewtab

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 11-16-2021 at 09:12 AM.
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2021, 12:26 PM   #4642
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Halo Infinite multiplayer beta is available today. I've never played it so not sure what it's like.
Old 11-15-2021, 01:27 PM   #4643
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Halo Infinite multiplayer beta is available today. I've never played it so not sure what it's like.
It plays great, modern look, feel and controls while staying true to the Halo roots. If you have played Halo in the past and some of the new FPS games like COD or BF you should be able to jump in and enjoy the arena shooter multiplayer. I am sure there will be some issues as it is still technically the beta.

One really nice thing though is that all progression made on the beta will move to your account on December 9 when the full version of the game is out.

Xbox also announced 70 more backwards compatible games available today.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Since1984 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2021, 02:47 PM   #4644
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
Xbox also announced 70 more backwards compatible games available today.
List is here.

Of particular interest to me: the entire Max Payne series. FINALLY!
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2021, 04:44 PM   #4645
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

So I've ranted on here in the past about not liking Jedi Fallen Order, but after having nothing else to play and seeing there was a PS5 version I could install I decided to give it another shot. And for whatever reason this time it clicked. Maybe it was playing through Ghost of Tsushima between my first crack at JFO and now, and getting used to a block & parry style combat scheme. I remember several points on the Zeffo homeworld caused me such grief that I gave up, but this time I sped through the planet without issue and started to actually enjoy the combat (though I still believe there's far too much reliance on lightsaber-resistant creatures, not sure how a goat can survive several hits from a blade that can cut through steel)

Will be fun to finally go through the story of this one, glad I didn't spoil it for myself
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 05:06 PM   #4646
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
So I've ranted on here in the past about not liking Jedi Fallen Order, but after having nothing else to play and seeing there was a PS5 version I could install I decided to give it another shot. And for whatever reason this time it clicked. Maybe it was playing through Ghost of Tsushima between my first crack at JFO and now, and getting used to a block & parry style combat scheme. I remember several points on the Zeffo homeworld caused me such grief that I gave up, but this time I sped through the planet without issue and started to actually enjoy the combat (though I still believe there's far too much reliance on lightsaber-resistant creatures, not sure how a goat can survive several hits from a blade that can cut through steel)

Will be fun to finally go through the story of this one, glad I didn't spoil it for myself
Jedi Fallen Order was one of my favorite games to play from my backlog, really liked the story, missions and combat. That and Control were two of my favorite games I played this early this year.
The Following User Says Thank You to Since1984 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2021, 07:28 AM   #4647
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

The only bad thing about that game was the ice slide sequences that just weren't fun.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 07:43 AM   #4648
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Jedi Fallen Order was one of my favorite games to play from my backlog, really liked the story, missions and combat. That and Control were two of my favorite games I played this early this year.

I also really loved it despite being the furthest thing from a Star Wars fan. I’ve never even seen the movies so the story/lore didn’t do anything for me. Great game though.
bax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 08:08 AM   #4649
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

The amount of running around was my only real complaint about Fallen Order, backtracking or going past the same stuff to get to a newly unlocked area was frustrating sometimes. Spoiled by fast travel I guess.

Otherwise really enjoyed it.
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2021, 11:20 PM   #4650
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl262 View Post
Anyone here ever play Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations?

How is it?
I have it, I enjoy it, but it's definitely a niche thing. I struggle to even call it a game half of the time. It's really hard to recommend or describe. I'm sure you already have but just check out youtube videos to see if you think it's up your alley. It can be extremely dry.
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 08:33 AM   #4651
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
The amount of running around was my only real complaint about Fallen Order, backtracking or going past the same stuff to get to a newly unlocked area was frustrating sometimes. Spoiled by fast travel I guess.

Otherwise really enjoyed it.
Cameron Monaghan (Ian from Shameless) is great in the game and one of the best parts about the game. He fits so well. Can definitely see a role for him in the Star Wars universe.
Huntingwhale is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2021, 12:07 PM   #4652
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybosh View Post
I picked up Demon's Souls on the PS5 last week and it's been all consuming. I've never really played one of these Soulsborne games so the learning curve has been steep. That being said, I'm pretty addicted at this point now that I've cleared 3 bosses. Beautiful scenery and stages.
I think I'm about 3/4 of the way through Demon's Souls now and I honestly don't think I could get this far had I not picked a magic using character. It's been key for me to get through everything keeping distance from the enemies haha. The levels are really cool and I really enjoyed even the gimmicky bosses so far.
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 12:15 PM   #4653
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

I've got one of the 11 PS5s in existence and all I do on it is play GTA III... an upscaled mobile game based off a 20 year old PS2 game. It's offensively executed but I'm still having a good time. If they'd taken _any_ care or consideration for this title it would have been incredible.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 12:17 PM   #4654
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

It's so disappointing what they did to the GTA trilogy

I'd be so happy just to get to play them as they were originally released on my Switch, but instead it's a complete mess and unplayable
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 01:05 PM   #4655
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

As expected, Elder Scrolls 6 will be Xbox and PC exclusive:
https://twitter.com/user/status/1460548255012593668
Old 11-17-2021, 02:18 PM   #4656
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood View Post
It's so disappointing what they did to the GTA trilogy

I'd be so happy just to get to play them as they were originally released on my Switch, but instead it's a complete mess and unplayable
it's really disappointing to see what Rockstar is doing these days. Their big titles used to be the gold standard, now it feels like they're just fine with ripping off players. Asking people to buy the same game for three straight generations is audacious, and throwing in a quick and careless cash grab like this trilogy doesn't exactly help fight the feeling that they're turning into another company that gives zero ####s anymore.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 03:50 PM   #4657
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

I remember when I last got really excited about a Rockstar game release.

It was the Xbox 360 version of GTA V. I bounded home from work with a hop in my step because I couldn't wait to start playing. Before that, it was GTA IV, having purchased it during lunch that day from Future Shop, gleefully ripping open the jewel case's cellophane with my teeth before plopping down on the couch for a very, very long evening of exploring Liberty City.

Rockstar hasn't come close since. RDR2 doesn't do it for me like the GTA series does, I've been playing GTA since the original DOS game where I was still a broke-ass kid so we used to pirate the game between each other.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2021, 04:44 PM   #4658
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
As expected, Elder Scrolls 6 will be Xbox and PC exclusive:
https://twitter.com/user/status/1460548255012593668
If I never played Elder Scrolls, can I just jump into VI?

This feels like a game for me, but I never jumped onto the bandwagon then I felt like if I joined late I'd be such a noob.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 04:46 PM   #4659
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
I remember when I last got really excited about a Rockstar game release.

It was the Xbox 360 version of GTA V. I bounded home from work with a hop in my step because I couldn't wait to start playing. Before that, it was GTA IV, having purchased it during lunch that day from Future Shop, gleefully ripping open the jewel case's cellophane with my teeth before plopping down on the couch for a very, very long evening of exploring Liberty City.

Rockstar hasn't come close since. RDR2 doesn't do it for me like the GTA series does, I've been playing GTA since the original DOS game where I was still a broke-ass kid so we used to pirate the game between each other.
Yeah they have milked GTA V so much it's unreal and still a release on PS5/Series X planned and more online DLC (cause that's how they make their money) I loved GTA single player story but I wouldnt surprise me if GTA VI doesn't even have a solo campaign the way things are going. Very disappointed in Rockstar.
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 06:22 PM   #4660
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh yeah, I don't give a crap about the online DLC, the Cayo Perico heist was kind of lame. Since the 3D universe, GTA has always done single player storytelling really well, and if GTA VI doesn't have a good single player campaign, I'll be gutted.

Unfortunately, with both Dan Houser and Lazlow Jones having left Rockstar, I am really worried. Houser was head writer, Lazlow had a lot of writing and creative input.