Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2021, 04:58 PM   #4621
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
I love FH5 but it has some issues. The servers have been pretty bad from the start so disconnections are fairly regular. The worst part it they cause you to stop in your tracks, ruining and skills or speed run you were on. Unlocking a new part of the festival interrupts whatever you’re doing as well.

The draw in is pretty bad unless you’re running on extreme settings. There’s some issues with AA as well.

I’m sure all these issues will get fixed and right now my only problem is finding time to play.
The list of known issues is huuuuuuuuge, but I read a patch will likely be out by the weekend
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 05:13 PM   #4622
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

Hopefully, I tried playing last night and it was a bit of a mess IMO. FH4 was pretty much flawless so I expect they'll get 5 to the same standard soon
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 05:22 PM   #4623
karl262
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Anyone here ever play Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations?

How is it?
karl262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 07:17 PM   #4624
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood View Post
Hopefully, I tried playing last night and it was a bit of a mess IMO. FH4 was pretty much flawless so I expect they'll get 5 to the same standard soon
FH4 was kind of a buggy mess at launch too. I have faith they’ll get it fixed.

I’ve been mostly exploring and getting all the XP and fast travel boards.
DownInFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 12:03 PM   #4625
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

I wish you could borrow PC games from the library like you can console games. I've been wanting to play the Call of Duty Modern Warfare and Black Ops Cold War single player campaigns, but I'm not interested in the multiplayer so have been waiting for the prices to drop... Look at the prices today? $80. Lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2021, 06:05 PM   #4626
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
I wish you could borrow PC games from the library like you can console games. I've been wanting to play the Call of Duty Modern Warfare and Black Ops Cold War single player campaigns, but I'm not interested in the multiplayer so have been waiting for the prices to drop... Look at the prices today? $80. Lol.
The Call of Duty games rarely drop their price so soon but they do go on sale fairly often. Never played MW19 but the CW campaign was actually pretty solid, and the Zombies were great if that’s your thing.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to N-E-B For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2021, 10:25 AM   #4627
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Got into Forza Horizon 5 on my ancient Xbox One. Looks and plays surprisingly well. Did a bunch of races and #### till I had about a million credits, was pretty fun. The only thing I didn't like was the long load times. I'm guessing these are pretty much eliminated on the Series X. Can anyone confirm that?
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 11:08 AM   #4628
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Flames_Fan View Post
Got into Forza Horizon 5 on my ancient Xbox One. Looks and plays surprisingly well. Did a bunch of races and #### till I had about a million credits, was pretty fun. The only thing I didn't like was the long load times. I'm guessing these are pretty much eliminated on the Series X. Can anyone confirm that?

There are small load screens when you get into a new car, but they are very minimal and don’t subtract from the experience at all.
bax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 11:22 AM   #4629
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

I refunded FH5.. i like using multiple inputs on PC.. but it's a bit of a stickler for mapping control bindings.. very annoying
calumniate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 06:51 PM   #4630
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was going to try Battlefield 2042's early access trial but then found out there's no single player.

Pass.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 07:12 PM   #4631
photon

Exp:

Portal might actually convince me to buy BF2042! Playing a bunch of BF1942 on a modern engine?? The only downside is I don't think there's a CTF mode yet.

EDIT: Only 2 maps so far, so maybe I'll wait to see. But it'll be pretty hard to resist.

Old 11-12-2021, 07:22 PM   #4632
bigrangy
Franchise Player

Exp:

FH5 has been pretty solid for me so far but I can’t stop getting distracted when seeing cars in my rear view mirror don’t have shadows under them. It is so weird and distracting, hopefully it gets patched soon.
Old 11-13-2021, 09:09 PM   #4633
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

So I'm in the market for some good headphones for my PC and PS5. For people who have them are the Pulse 3Ds a good choice or should I be looking at something else? I'm not looking to pay anything crazy. Under $200 after tax would be my limit.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 10:38 PM   #4634
photon

Exp:

Slightly over $200 but the PC38X are great IMO, it's what I'm using: https://www.amazon.ca/DROP-Sennheise.../dp/B08TX6GQTB

The EPOS H6Pro are also supposed to be good and come in a closed back model as well.

The PC37X is the previous version and I used those for a while as well, and comes under the $200 mark: https://www.amazon.ca/Massdrop-Sennh.../dp/B084GFGMYT

Hardware Canucks had a video about this recently as well so they have a few other models as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2021, 11:03 AM   #4635
Mathalete
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
So I'm in the market for some good headphones for my PC and PS5. For people who have them are the Pulse 3Ds a good choice or should I be looking at something else? I'm not looking to pay anything crazy. Under $200 after tax would be my limit.
I have heard the Pulse 3D headset is underwhelming. I know it's available at the Flin Flon Walmart most of the time.

I have had lots of good experiences with the Arctis 7p headset. It retails for approximately $220'ish. Sound is really good and has a nice battery life.
Mathalete is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mathalete For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2021, 11:27 PM   #4636
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hugely disappointing that BF2042 doesn't have dedicated community servers
Old 11-15-2021, 06:47 AM   #4637
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Nari Ultimates are currently 199.99 on Amazon. I suspect that the haptic feedback thing they do is not everyone's cup of tea but good lord does it completely elevate the atmosphere in certain games for me... Hellblade shouldn't be played any other way in my opinion.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2021, 07:22 AM   #4638
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Hugely disappointing that BF2042 doesn't have dedicated community servers
Isn't that what portal is? So many servers configured for maximum XP just max tickets, 1hp enemies, and spawn camping. Luckily it seems they put a cap on daily portal server XP but also unfortunate they had to do that because there are some good servers out there.
Raekwon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 07:32 AM   #4639
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I have the Pulse 3D for my PS5 and I find it quite excellent. My only complaint is the adjustability of the headset to your head size, if you like a firm fit these are not for you.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2021, 07:35 AM   #4640
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
Isn't that what portal is? So many servers configured for maximum XP just max tickets, 1hp enemies, and spawn camping. Luckily it seems they put a cap on daily portal server XP but also unfortunate they had to do that because there are some good servers out there.
They're private but they aren't dedicated, I'm talking about good old-fashioned community servers. Something I've really really missed the last few years since more and more games go to public matchmaking. It really sucks the sense of community out of these games, that really adds more depth to games like these